The Almanac of Ye Olde Heresy Online - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-12-09, 08:39 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

Right, the introduction to the Dwarf tongue is up, and depending on how you view it is either 4 days early or 7 hours late( i had to scrafice revision time for you guys, so if any of you dislike it then i will unleash the giant green fist of fury upon your worthless hides. if you do like it great.). by the way, as i dont have access to a scaner, could someone provide a copy of the runic script(found on page 60 of the current dwarf army book). just post it here for the meanwhile(im sure Vaz wont mind). thanks.

edit- i have found two on google, but they are both in german. it only afffects a small part of it, and i can work around it, but i would prefer an english one please.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez

Last edited by Dafistofmork; 03-12-09 at 08:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-13-09, 06:46 PM

Micklez's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Orc View Post
Grom the Paunch being killed in an assault on the Dwarf City of Middenheim
Wasnt Middenheim the city in the Empire that was destroyed in the year 3000????

@Dafist: Its small but there was an article in a WD a few years back that had some grammer nd runes in it so that you could make a special name for ur dwarf weapon. U want me to see if i could fish it out for you?

Thanks Proccor for the awsum sig

After 10 years of relentless shelling, the hive is reduced to naught but rubble and dust, two years after all signs of life ceased and five years after the hive issued its unconditional surrender.

I dont want to hear any more flashlight joke alright, there just guide lights for the artilery
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-14-09, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklez View Post
Wasnt Middenheim the city in the Empire that was destroyed in the year 3000????

This is why we need an Almanac...

1999 - destruction of Mordheim (Imperial City) - is that what you're thinking of?

2325 (or something) - current year in Warhammer timeline

Middenheim is an Imperial city, but in previous versions of the fluff it was a Dwarf city. I believe currently the fluff is that the Dwarves tunnelled under the montain, then abandoned it, then the Empire built a city on top. This is called "having your dwarf-bread and eating it".

:wise old cyclops that spouts tales no-one now believes:

"Well it's Forty-one Thousand Nine Hundred Sixty-nine OK -
Gotta war across the Milky Way - "
Iggius Popiscus and the Stoogii, "41,969"

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-14-09, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well, the intention is to have articles that are currently up to date with 7th edition (or last known information), but there is no harm in any articles including any retconned work.

So if the current fluff states that the City of Middenheim is a city in the Empire, then it's a city in the Empire. If it's a city built on the Tunnels crafted by the dwarfs, then that's what it is. If in the past it was a Dwarf City, then put down a Paragraph/Heading stating that the city was previously a Dwarven city.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-15-09, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklez View Post
@Dafist: Its small but there was an article in a WD a few years back that had some grammer nd runes in it so that you could make a special name for ur dwarf weapon. U want me to see if i could fish it out for you?
thats essentialy a simplified version of what i was going to type up any way-i have got it(filed away some where), if you can provide the aprroximate issue number/date for it that will make it easier for me to find, and all will benefit(apart from my fingers).

edit- i can guarante that the next segment will be up by wednesday at the latest, thanks for your paitence everyone.

Last edited by Dafistofmork; 03-16-09 at 05:45 PM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 11:15 AM

yo, dudes, i am realy sorry, but coursework season has hit me like a sledgehammer in the guts, so the dwarf language thing will be serriously delayed. again, i am very sorry about this, and i hope you all forgive me.

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-09, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

No worries mate - seriously, this (Heresy as a whole) is a past time, and I'd rather someone spent more time worrying about their future than a past time. This was just something which I hoped could be used to create a bit of a background (hopefullly a full blown Wiki =O) for Warhammer Fantasy, but it's a Long way off yet - and there are NO deadlines =D

Still as a bit of a rider though, I DO mind if I find out that there is posting of copyrighted materials - this does include Scans of the page in the Dwarf Army book. I have the book myself, so will happily draw the Runes out for you, if need be, but there is to be no copyrighted material, in articles, or the like. If I find out, expect it to be reported, and no credit for any articles YOU WRITE, regardless of how much effort went into it.

I'm sorry it seems so harsh, but as this is going to be quite a large thing, I'm not going to have those who have spent so much work going into it dragged through the dirt, or the site risking closure due to such materials. This goes for any and everyone. If you're unsure, I'm sure asking any of the Staff who deal with the area (like squeek, or Ancient), or any of the super staff (Jez, for example) will be able to confirm. if they aren't available, Holla, and I'll usually get an answer ASAP. Usually though, if you're unsure, it's usually a sure sign of no, so recreate it yourself ;)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-20-09, 06:30 PM

thanks for understanding vaz, and sorry, didn't think about copywrite. silly me.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode