werewolves - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default werewolves

Question: are there any werewolves in fantasy, if so where do they come from, who do they worship, famous werewolves e.c.t.
I know that there are nordic werebears, and other were-cretures have been mentioned in the blood bowl fluff.
Any fluff related information welcome.
thanks

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 07:19 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

In the first Gotrek and Felix novel, Trollslayer, (I think the mini-story is called Ulric's Children), there is a story over the Children of Ulric, who take the form of Wolves, and this girls daughter, who Felix is captured alongside, is the child of one these. Her father slays a Tzeentchian Cultist Sorceror, who then takes the form of the Wolf-man, and nearly kills Felix, before, Gotrek rolls in.

Although she has human form, this Girl has a Wolfish "panting, laugh", and sharp, needle like teeth.

It's not clear whether she is a true Werewolf, but the fact that her father has the form of a Wolf-man, suggests that either by choice, or through time, she changes into one of these Children of Ulric. That's all I can remember, though from that, been a few months since I've read Trollslayer.

In the 6th Edition Hordes of Chaos, there is a story about a Norscan Trader/Bodyguard talking with an Empire Scholar, who tells of the Wulfen, which I assume is the Wolfish form of a Chaos Spawn. Because of their nature, I'd hazard a guess at saying they are unable to change back into human form.

The Vampire Counts Army Book, 7th Edition, there is an item called the Talisman of the Lycni, which increase the Movement of the Bearer, and Lycni is similar to Lycanthrope, which I think is the name for the either Werewolves, or just Were-creatures in general.

Lastly, there is a story of a Vampire who could turn himself into a Bat at will - it's not too hard to stretch that idea to a Wolf.

Hope that's okay.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for that Vaz. i compleatly forgot about the children of ulric. wolf spawn i can belive in. a lycanthrope is a human affected with the werewolf curse (its ancient greek for wolf-man i think). in most other fluff(not just GW fluff) i have read vamps and werewolves hate each other, although some vampires have the gift of polymorphisum, it isn't exactly the same thing i think.
Now to find an army book with which to reprent the children of ulric with, and my master plan will come to frution! the pit is mine! [insert evil laugh here]

uh, i didn't say that.

Last edited by Dafistofmork; 02-03-09 at 08:16 PM.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 08:19 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

Woo Vaz to the rescue! Lycanthrope is definitely just related to wolves, I believe it is Greek as in lukos, wolf; and anthropos, man.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

sounds about right squeek. uh, any advice on army books?[insert another evil laugh here]

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 09:05 PM
Vaz

How about Orcs and Goblins? They have the bickering, and the pack mentality that normal wolves have. You could have the older, and more powerful ones knowing how to use their claws and fight more effectively, fully embracing the wolf side of them, (Black Orcs), all the way down to the outcast humans who have been bitten (Night Goblins), who still retain a semblance of the use of weaponry. Instead of using War Machines, or Chariots, you could just limit yourself to infantry.

Those who are nearest to wolves, could be used to represent cavalry (Wolf Riders, Boars, etc) - for example, the Goblins are the men who run on 4 legs, then rise up, and use their bows to shoot, but the Heavy Boar Cavalry are the biggest and baddest of the Wolves who are the most degenerate.

Alternatively, Beastmen, but that's just cheating.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 10:20 PM
Darth Druchii

Druchii in Space's Flag is: Wales

Werewolves where also attached to Norsca via the Man O War fluff, and the Westside Werewolves in blood Bowl where from Norsica as well. I'm pretty certain all were related stuff is Norse in Warhammer.

The closest thing to them really atm is Warriors of Chaos I'd reckon, using Dragon Ogres stat line to represent the strength and speed of a Crinos form. Chosen could be half transformed, or beserkers, and the Marauders would suit as the Norse themselves. Thats my thoughts on the matter anyway.

Come and join us by the fire, to chat about the games that matter to you at the Roleplay Games Forum
---------------
"I feel I was denied. Critical, need to Know information!"
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 11:27 PM

Micklez's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dafistofmork View Post
and my master plan will come to frution! the pit is mine! [insert evil laugh here].

I cant believe it. HES WAS READING MT MIND. i had the exact same idea!!! only i was thinking of going with an Old-blood for the count-as due to scaly skin or a Chaos lord (but i thought that this would be to similar to Vaz current theme).

EDIT: Was also thinking about using an Ogre, but i dont own the Army-book

Thanks Proccor for the awsum sig

After 10 years of relentless shelling, the hive is reduced to naught but rubble and dust, two years after all signs of life ceased and five years after the hive issued its unconditional surrender.

I dont want to hear any more flashlight joke alright, there just guide lights for the artilery
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

Well the fluff for my character(this is work in progress) is a young maiden who is a werewolf(child of ulric prehaps). after her family was buthcherd by an overzealeus priest she swore vengence. epic dule, both walk away wounded and hating each other. both priest and werewolf arive in teila,unknowing that the other is there. may use the rules in the empire book for priest, but stuck on the maiden - narrowed down to WoC, BoC, vamps or elves. orcs could work, but not quite what i want.[insert yet another evil laugh here-cos i feel like it]

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 10:36 AM
Vaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklez View Post
I cant believe it. HES WAS READING MT MIND. i had the exact same idea!!! only i was thinking of going with an Old-blood for the count-as due to scaly skin or a Chaos lord (but i thought that this would be to similar to Vaz current theme).

EDIT: Was also thinking about using an Ogre, but i dont own the Army-book
I don't have a current theme - my only armies are currently Warriors of Chaos, who worship the Storm (Dragon Ogre fetish), and High Elves from Chrace (White Lion fetish), so by all means, go ahead and do whatever. I like the sounds of what you're doing, and would love to see it.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode