Name Your Hero! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-09, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Default Name Your Hero!

Eh, it's late and been toying with names for a bit for my new Lizardmen army.

Getting to the point, have any of you out there named your heroes? Any interesting naming conventions going in the army?

As of now, I've got a rough idea for some of mine.
The Tiki's: Spawn brothers destined for greatness. Makes the idea of a war council hilarious with these guys.
Tiki-Taki: Most sensible of the brothers. Does his best with what he's given, though he dreams of riding into battle with an Engine of the Gods.
Tiki-Teki: He's the crazy one. Rides on the back of stegadon, wielding a lance far to big for himself.
Tiki-Tiki: Is usual at the foot of the slann lord's palanquin (slann to be named later). That or grumbling about how he's stuck being a foot slogger.
Tiki-Toki: Most inexperienced of the spawning. Usually finds himself carrying the scrolls and bound items, guaranteeing he'll be somehow useful.
Tiki-Tuki: A bit of an airhead, tends to let his terradon take him wherever it wants to go.
Got a Scar Vet and a Slann Lord that's yet to be named, but eh. I'm bound to think of something good sooner or later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-09, 12:21 PM
Must keep painting....

squeek's Flag is: United Kingdom

I like it! I used to have a few named Lords and Heroes that took on particular quirks as the army played more. I think it was a habit from playing Necromunda, I haven't named the current lot really, other than writing a little bit of fluff about them.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-09, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, got this habit personally from Mordheim. Still trying to get my crew to get another campaign of that in.

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 01-31-09, 12:53 PM
Heresy's Graphics Slave

Syph's Flag is: United Kingdom

I've named mine as initially I built my army around the fluff and how I wanted it to look, but as I've gotten into playing the game I've added characters I'd never thought I'd need (like my Pit Fighters for instance).

Lords:

My Dreadlord - Morsindrel Chillbringer on his Black Dragon Icebreath
My Supreme Sorceress - Lilieth Chillbringer (Morsindrel's missus) on Flying Cold One Blacktooth (Counts-as Pegasus)
Dreadlord on foot - Vandreth Chillbringer (Morsindrel's bro, fluff in the fluff forum)

Heroes:

Lothran Chillbringer (Morsindrel's 1st born) on Cold One Talon (Counts-as Malus)
Athrendir Chillbringer (Morsindrel's 2nd) (Counts-as Lokhir)
Corantir Darkstrider (BSB)
Baldorath Woemaker (sometimes on Cold One)
Sorcesss Elthendeth Stormweaver

Assassin Korath Shiverknife
Assassin Hurien Lifetaker (I've got fluff on him for the Pit Fights too)

Loads of characters, but the idea is I have a large pool to pick from because the Malus and Lokhir models are too awesome not to have.

I do need to add at least another Sorceress I reckon, and I'll have a 3rd Assassin soon. I'll probably name the Hydra(s) and maybe the units on their Lordling/Reaver/Dreadknights name too.

post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-02-09, 08:52 AM
Tactless Tactician

For the two armies that actually see use-

Bretonnians- Led by a guy with a German name, mostly because it amuses me to do so. He's a descendant of emigres from the Empire.

Lord- Lord Magnus von Spee, the Lion of the North

Heroes-
Battle Standard Bearer- Lady Celeste de Montressor (yeah, she's basically Jean d'Arc. I miss Repanse de Lyonesse)

Paladin who rides with my Grail Knights- Sir Tywin Clegane (a name shamelessly "kitbashed" from A Song of Ice and Fire.)

Damsel Numbah ONE (Staff)- Lady Martine Rambert

Damsel Number Two (sword)- Lady Adelie Vauban

Warriors of Chaos

Lord Choices-
Chaos Lord- Hrothwulf the Unruly (looks like a heavily armored Viking. Who am I to argue? Sometimes shows up as an Exalted Hero)

Sorcerer Lord- Thufir Blackflame (I use a Nazgul from the LotR range to represent him)

Heroes-
Sorcerers-
1-3 Winkin, Blinkin and Nod (three more Nazgul models, run as three insane brothers)

4- Anastasia the Treacherous (Not tournament legal, but I use a Cryx Shepherd model for her. A Kislevite who sold out her village in exchange for power. May or may not bump her up to Lord level. SHows up when I get sick of all those damn Nazgul)

annnnnd for this army, a very special nod to one unit champion-

Marauder Chieftan Lars Giantkiller- Lars was at the head of a unit of Marauders which was charged by a Giant, which proceeded to gobble up Winkin (or was it Blinkin?) who was attached to the unit. The Marauders, being marked for Slaanesh, didn't run, although they failed to wound the Giant.

Said Giant then botched two Leadership rolls in a row (Battle Standard be damned!), and Lars and his boys ran the fleeing behemoth down.

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-The Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear, Dune

The Swordsworn Chapter WAAAAAAGH! GOBSMASH
W: 1 T: 1 L: 6_________________W: 8 T:2 L:6

Last edited by Cole Deschain; 06-01-09 at 09:37 PM.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-03-09, 08:22 PM

Dafistofmork's Flag is: United Kingdom

I enjoy creating fluff for my armies, but i am dreadful with names. when it comes to names my imagination is awfull. my pit fighter characters names came from the name generator in the warhammer fantasy roleplay book, so i can create about 15 before i am f****d.

humm, true. This is yet again proof the Orks are smarter the Elves.-Micklez
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Two possible suggestions for you then Dafist.

1.There's plenty of fantasy name generators on the net. Just gotta go out and find 'em
2. The more creative approach is to take an existing words, and just hack off bits/switch around some letters. One of my favorite D&D NPCs came from that method.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 09:50 AM

I dont like name generators- i like the names to be my own invention, not some computers. butchereing words is something i do, but i am very critical of the words i use to create the names, and often i suffer from writers block.

post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-04-09, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Ah, blasted writers block. Can't really help you much on that one. Constant plague that one is for me.
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 02-05-09, 10:08 AM

Pacing, and lying in bed all night awake are good cures for it i find, but leaves you very tired. the werewolf thing got me a mere two hours of sleep when i thought of it.

Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode