high elf dragon prince numbers - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-10, 09:28 PM

CaptainLoken's Flag is: Wales

LOL point taken there

We are charged with the reunification of mankind, throughout the stars, in the name of the Emperor. We seek to establish compliance amongst all the fragmentary and disparate strands. Most greet us like the lost brothers we are. You resisted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-10, 09:55 PM

Well, going back to the relatively high numbers, perhaps a larger number of High Elves are dedicated to warfare compared to regular humans? I haven't read the HE army book, but that would be my guess.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 04:26 PM

People always tend to take the larger numbers... But in those fluff-battles, there is often the phrase "hundreds", sometimes "thousands", but usually no more. The largest number of troops I ever found in fluff was the chaos-army of Asavar Kul, numbering 100,000 or even 3 times that number (including large numbers of beastmen). And that was an immense army, almost destroying the empire. But if the high elves are able to field 10,000 dragon princes, 10,000 phoenix guard, 10,000 sea guard of lothern, and (logical thinking on) 10,000 white lions, 10,000 maiden guard and so on, Asavar Kul's army is no longer impressive in any way. If a race that is fading away fields 10,000s or even 100,000s of troops, how much more must the empire as a growing state being able to field? And why should the outcome of the Great War against chaos have been so close then? The high elves would surely have send a little bit more than 3 mages to support the empire, if they were able to field numbers of troops similar to the forces of chaos which were up to conquer the world.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 05:09 PM

cain the betrayer's Flag is: Netherlands

but you fegot that they also need somebody to defend their homelands because for example they where to send hundrets of mages the dark elves could atack and destroy them because they dont have much magic defence or when they send away many troops they could be atacked there because it is also ill defendent

on the subject of the army of asavar kul it is very impresive because it is made up from many tribes who normaly fight against eachother

and could you say your source fo thinking that the empire is growing because as i understand it it was slowly falling with the chaos incursions growing ever more frequent and all the other raids by orcs dark elves etc.

Check out my warriors of chaos log here
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-18-10, 05:22 PM
bobss's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorin Hubertson View Post
People always tend to take the larger numbers... But in those fluff-battles, there is often the phrase "hundreds", sometimes "thousands", but usually no more. The largest number of troops I ever found in fluff was the chaos-army of Asavar Kul, numbering 100,000 or even 3 times that number (including large numbers of beastmen). And that was an immense army, almost destroying the empire. But if the high elves are able to field 10,000 dragon princes, 10,000 phoenix guard, 10,000 sea guard of lothern, and (logical thinking on) 10,000 white lions, 10,000 maiden guard and so on, Asavar Kul's army is no longer impressive in any way. If a race that is fading away fields 10,000s or even 100,000s of troops, how much more must the empire as a growing state being able to field? And why should the outcome of the Great War against chaos have been so close then? The high elves would surely have send a little bit more than 3 mages to support the empire, if they were able to field numbers of troops similar to the forces of chaos which were up to conquer the world.
I recount Archaon`s assembled might as numbering into the Hundreds of Thousands, bordering a Million if all his Maraudering Tribes, Warriors, Beasts and Daemonic entities were to be counted, and yet they broke upon the anvil of Middenheim like water upon rock.

Asavar Kul? Second Everchosen by any chance?
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-21-10, 08:40 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Nope cause Vangel is the second everchosen-he created the slayer of kings that Archaon relies too much on.

This is why Archaon is funny as a character. He only took on the challenge of becoming the new everchosen because he had nothing better to do.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode