Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-08, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Default Vampire Counts and Tomb Kings

Ive been reading the Vampire counts book and the tomb kings armybook. In the VC book it says nothing about Nagash casting a spell to kill everyone in nehekhara (and therefore the magic reawakening the now tomb kings) but in the TK book it says that this does happen. Due to the VC book being newer I would believe this one. This would mean that in the TK book, which I think is out next year, will have to include new reasons for the creation of the TKs.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-08, 09:31 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

There was nothing in the previous VC about Nagash. In the Liber Necris, it fully explains it all - I'd quote, but I can't find it.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-02-08, 05:01 PM

Cruor's Flag is: United Kingdom

I was under the impression Nagash did the spell for the tomb kings and also made the elixer which created vampires, which would explain why the TK spell is not mentioned in the VC book, as it's not nessecerily relevant to the VC race. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but thats the impression I got. If this is the case I don't think they need to create a new reason.

Last edited by Cruor; 09-02-08 at 05:04 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-08, 04:10 AM

quietviper's Flag is: Canada

Holy crap! There's a new tk army book next year? Or is this just wishful speculation?

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-04-08, 06:34 AM

Ancient Tiel' a fier's Flag is: United Kingdom

The vampire book is concerned with far more recent vampire history and is largely foccussed on the vampire count wars with the empire. Basically Nagash conquered Nehekara through assasination and co-ersion, then he created the elixer of life and made the vampires. After he was toppled from power he fled north and built Naggashizzar and then worked the spell that destroyed Nehekara leaving them all dead. However due to the charms over the dead tomb kings they returned to unlife free of Nagash's power. They united and destroyed Nagash's forces again and the Lahmian court of vampires too causing them to flee north, hence vampires in the empire.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-08, 04:47 PM
son_of_a_horus's Flag is: England

Read Nagash The Sorcerer by Mike Lee, explains a lot

Emperors Children - 2000pts
High Elves - 2000pts
Vampire Counts - 2000pts
40k Daemons - 1500pts

Hope is but the first step on the path to disappointment

Vampires - P:12 W:10 D:1 L:1

Daemons - P:0

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode