Anyone considerd warhammer historical - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-08, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Default Anyone considerd warhammer historical

I was just wandering if anyone here is intrested in or has played warhammer historical, ive always been obsessed with history so i thought id have to give it a go, i was considering buying the ancient armies book and doing an army of greeks set in the punic wars.

Theres also the new great war book and from what i heard the rules for that are pretty much the same as 40k,so im guessing the ancient wars book has rules similar to warhammer fantasy.The only problem is theres no GW figures yet so you've got to buy your own from inderpendent model sites but i seen some good deals where you can get 60 plus figures for £80 so should work out ok.

Just asking basicly if anyones used the gaming books and can tell me whats different between them and regular warhammer and if they've found playing it a rewarding exsperience and if theres other players out there i could take on with my probably decadent athenian army as the wars rage on!!!!

Last edited by Tripple Deuce Command; 07-09-08 at 12:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-09-08, 05:42 PM

Ancient Tiel' a fier's Flag is: United Kingdom

I have thought about it myself, some of the fantasy range is suitable but for the most part finding good models can be tricky. The only thing that has stopped me is someone to game.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 01:54 AM

Thought about when I saw the book, but found alot of the armies too dry. Also very few people actually play and good mini's are hard to find. If you can convince some mates to play though I reckon it could be a blast though!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-08, 01:02 PM

Snorri O'dubhda's Flag is: United Kingdom

For me I have in to it its just finding minis that would fit that puts me off. I you use games workshop models you'll just end up playing warhammers, and other models just dont seem to have the consistancey and detail you would want in a war game.

Also finding opponents is always difficult in such obscure games.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 08:48 PM

Trigger's Flag is: England

Great War is excellant. I have purchased models from Renegade and found them to be excellant, both in terms of quality and value for money. They may take a while to show up at your door, but its definately worth it.
As previously mentioned, the difficulty may be finding an opponent. Try asking around at your local games club.

Stick a V8 in it!

Quote eric, I'm sure Madonna has her own awards shelf. It doesn't make her any good.

Painting Great War Germans. Mmmm... Flamethrowers.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-08, 10:50 PM

I am very interested in Warhammer historical.

Currently slowly building Gaulish and Roman armies to battle each other. I have 4 celtic spearmen (lol) which I got from Gripping Beast.

The Shieldwall book is pretty nice too. ;)

Historically speaking the units and equipment is pretty well researched too which is nice.

They've just released a WWI book too which looks pretty cool.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode