The Vengeful Dead - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Fluff Discuss GW background material here. All those bits in the Armybook that aren't stat blocks or special rules. Post your custom character/army background in our Homebrew Fluff subforum!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-11-08, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

Default The Vengeful Dead

The vampire shrugged, his armor squeeling a bit with the lazy gesture.

"The Dead have a voice now. I'm dead as well. I feel it in my soul. In my marrow. Pity, compassion, mercy... I don't feel them any more. But I know they are important."

She laughed. It was a light tinkling sound, it promised spring joy and maybe a roll in the hay. Her eyes were black glass orbs, promising nothing of the sort. Her painted lips twisted into the slightest smirk, "You favor your ancestor in form, but in function you are lacking. Still, you are entertaining. But what you are missing is Konrad's naked honesty."

Radu sighed, a forced gesture and one she felt contrite at best. Why sigh when you didn't even breathe?

"You made me what I am because I am ill aspected enough to favor the Beast. You made me armor in the image of his. But I am my own man. I make my own decisions. I don't act of out pity; you know well enough my heart is dead. You should know best of all what I am. But when I found that village I finally found the perfect army. They were slaughtered to a child and for what? Nothing. Now they get their revenge, and I get my army. It's elegant if perverse."

She smiled again, stirring a lazy finger her chalice. She looked at the dripping finger, her lip quivering a little. She licked it clean and shivered.

"Maybe you are of Konrads' blood. You're certainly deluded enough. We'll see what kind of monster you make, Radu von Carstein. You're wrong, though. You aren't your own man any longer. You aren't a man at all. And when honor gives way to boredom, when the ages settle on your shoulders and you would do anything just to be entertained... Well, you'll see it too. Wolves don't shepherd the flock, nor do they bother avenging the slain. They take what they need from the bodies and they move on. Learn this and you'll be happy."

He sneered, showing the great fangs so like his ancestors.

"Happy?"

"Numb, then. But contented all the same."
__________________________________________________ _______________So I'm building my Counts up, one rank at a time. I'm deciding on the armor colors Radu will take in rejection of the von Carsteins. I'm down to green and black or purple and black. The green I am considering is almost Nurgleish, while the purple would be very dark. Either one would be easy enough to blend into other models like ghouls and wolves to make sure they look like part of a unified force. Which do you think would look best on Counts minis?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Fluff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode