my first battle report - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-08, 08:16 PM Thread Starter
z4ch001's Flag is: England

Default my first battle report

right i posted this list up the other day and was asked by people to post some of the succeses and distasters for it-yesterday i had 2 games against undead and another orc and goblin player
(this is the list i used)

black orc bigboss-ulags axe,heavy armour and enchanted shield-119
night gobbo shaman- lvl 2-,itty ring-105
night gobbo shaman-2 mushrooms-105
20 boyz-2 choppas, cms-170
40 night gobbos-2 fanatics,spears, cms-230
40 gobbos-cms-140
wolf chariot-extra crew and wolf-66
945(i ran out off stuff in my case-my organisation all over)

right first undead
deployment-he had 3 charaters-2 vampires(1 in a unit of ghouls and one in the wraiths), a necromancer and some skellys.
he finished first and got first turn
the master plan
(really made up off the top off my head)-i had 2 foot of gorks and brainbursta-good start- they would be used on the wraiths as i couldnt do anything else on them reallyi would kick in the skellies with the gobbos and the ghouls with the orcs with my bosses unit
turn 1
he got it and walked forward a bit and then raised dead on his own units
i basically moved a bit then magiced away causing a whole...nothing(but i did miscast!! and got a wound on shaman 1)

turn 2 much off the same

turn 3
the fun begins now-he charged my night gobbos with the wraiths so i sent the fanatics into his skellies(one got 10 and they other got 12)
i cause 8 causalties off this-not bad as he was out of charge range i charged with the gobbos,night gobbos and the orcs
combat-i challenged his vampire with my black orc. i expected almost to have to eat a ghast but i was suprised that he accepted-he said that he had a great magic weapon to kill me with-my black orc caused a might 3 wounds and actually killed it-i was starting to win(magic weapon that!)

turn 4
he only had his necromancer and 4 skellies left now and his wraiths onli had 1 guy,a banshee and another vampire-the ghouls had 9 left and i was pretty unscathed

turn 5
this is when i won the game as my orc unit killed the last of the ghouls and along with the gobbos flanked the wraiths
my black orc liked kicking in vampires and ate the one in is wraiths too and then i won
the wraiths did turn out to be a problem but i had a bit of luck - i mean 2 vampires in 2 turns-come on that is one hard bigboss

i will try to get the other battle report up soon if you liked it
hope you did thanks

Last edited by z4ch001; 06-08-08 at 08:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 05:03 AM

Ancient Tiel' a fier's Flag is: United Kingdom

its a good start but try and write some of the feel of the game too. By that i mean how nervous you were as you saw those dice rolls in challenge.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 01:13 PM

Lord Sinkoran's Flag is: England

nice report for your frst battle but I have to agree with Ancient you need to add felling also so pics are always nice to see.

Violence is never the answer, it is the question, to which the answer is, yes

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

right i will have another shot on game 2. tell me if its crap.
same army list and i was playing an orc and goblin army.i cant put pictures but I can put a layout of what was going on in each turn(off paint so it isnít exactly professional)
right then
he won deployment and chose for me to set up first- i waas outnumbered as he had a purely horde army list and included 20 gobbos,10 hoppers(!),40 odd orcs a shaman,an orc boss, arerr boyz,and 20 night gobbos
i set my orcs in the middle with a gobbo shaman and the gobbos and night gobbos on the flanks-so much would come down to how i protected my flanks against the squig hoppers.he had his general in a unit of 25 ors and his shaman who had mork wants ya and fists of gork in the other unit who had 2 choppas.my shamans had both the lvl 1 spell and the one with itty ring got brainbursta and one got foot of gork.

turn 1

the game started with me shielding my left flank behind impassible terrain and blasting his squigs I got the spell off-rolled thinking 4 dead squigs and got a mighty 1.then rolled that thinking well at least itís a start and got another 1!

Then it was his go he cast fists of gork onmy night gobbos an 11 but was out by only two inches-I really was relieved.the bad thing is that his squigs got 13 inches and waited behind the cliff

Turn 2

My bosses unit squabbled so the black orc kicked 2 in for it. Then my shamans started to get worked up I thought I could panic that night goblin unit with a bit of luck and kill its fanatics.i rolled on three dice yes I got an 8Öbut what I didnít see was the two 1s I just rolled on the table!I got lucky though when I only took a wound. I was annoyed but my other shaman did get another foot of gork on the squigs and killed 4 this time-not bad.

Now the game was hotting up. My opponent passed all his animosity checks but his night goblins fancied a bit and ran 5 inches towards me.he failed to cast fists of gork but got mork wants yaon my orcs which i dispelled promptly, or tried to i threw 3 dice in "just to make sure" but rolled 3 1s! he got 6 hits and just aas i thought this could get ugly he rolled 5 1s and a 2! hahahahaha its about time you had some of the luck i have had so far

as i want to make sure ive posted that any better do you like it and if you do i will post the rest of the battle asap
cheers
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-09-08, 09:08 PM

Ancient Tiel' a fier's Flag is: United Kingdom

Good work coming on nicely, try adding a little fluff too make the report a bit of a story.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-10-08, 12:14 PM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

Thats more like it, Nice one

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-11-08, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

cheers i will post the rest
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-17-08, 08:56 AM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

Have a look at ancient battle report for some tips

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Tactics > Warhammer Battle Reports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode