Need broken list - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Armylists Post your Warhammer Fantasy armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-19-10, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Jack96's Flag is: Ireland

Default Need broken list

Could someone please post an incredibly broken list of any army the people I play all have broken lists and I keep losing and I'm tired of it I can't use lizzies cause I sold mine and not high elves cause everyones gonna start doin high elves in my store
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 12:12 AM

There are no real broken lists, because player tactics can counter any so-called broken builds for the most part, though it was different for Daemons in 7th. As has been told to you a million times in the other thread, it is quite possible to counter these supposedly 'broken' lists. Finally, you're posting here expecting someone else to build a list for you, but this forum is for critiquing of army lists you've already written. Show us one of your army lists and we might be able to help you.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 12:14 AM

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

If you use a "broken" List, I hope you lose every game you play..Sorry but isnt it just a little jerk-esque to play a game using what you think is an army that guarantees an auto win? Why would you even bother playing?

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 08:29 AM

I agree with putch, I play for fun and I despise players who play only to win.
If you want a broken list, well that's pretty impossible, the only I can think of is DoC nurgle-only with Epidimius.

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 08:41 AM

if you want a broken list learn to write one for yourself it's not hard
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 09:49 AM

Putch.'s Flag is: Canada

Cheese meister, write a "broken" list then, then go to a gt and post us a pic of your trophy!
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Jack96's Flag is: Ireland

I can't write a broken list everyone I write endsvup having a small army an based on one unit destroying someone

slann
lore of light
extra dice
cupped hands
scroll
magic resistance

chakax

40 temple guard
command

40 saurus
command

40 saurus
command

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 11:43 AM

CaptainBudget's Flag is: United Kingdom

You need to be a bit more subtle than that I think. Maxing on brute force either won't work, or it will produce a one-trick pony list (albeit a very nasty one).

The trick is to take a potent special rule and exploit it beyond all reason. Examples include the Nurgle Daemons and Tallyman (in 7th) and the Horrors of doom list (7th only). The horrors of doom worked by having three units of horrors so large it was impossible to break them in combat, especially as each unit was a Lvl. 4 wizard.

My advice with that list you've given is to split those Saurus units up into smaller units (look at the Saurus numbers thread in "General Warhammer" for a guide), thus giving you about 6 units, which you can use to dominate the movement phase by boxing your opponents in and giving them nowhere to go but into a very unfavourable combat, using the Slaan to offer support via magic by weakening unpleasant units and boosting your own (experiment with magic lores to find which is most suitable, but life or Death may not be a bad call).

I'm not that experienced with Lizardmen but I'm sure others will be able to build on this advice.

By the way, what exactly are your opponents using that is so broken? I'm sure you just need to change your approach to army building and tactics and you'll start doing better.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 01:50 PM

if they are "all using broken lists" they can't really be broken can they? unless they all have the same army?

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 07-20-10, 01:55 PM

As has been stated before in the other thread, and I agree, tactics are the main problem here. I think this guy is just using poor tactics, and as I can now see, also a bit too affected by the metagame. First off, Temple Guard, while they are protecting something important, are 16 point models. Take them down to 30. As well, get rid of Chakax, I don't really know if he *is* worth his points, but special characters are usually useless at the huge points value they are. Additionally, if you're going to run Saurus in that big a unit, get spears so you can get all your attacks.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode