wanting help to beat skaven 2000pts - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Armylists Post your Warhammer Fantasy armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-09, 07:00 PM Thread Starter

Default wanting help to beat skaven 2000pts

I have pretty much everything in the dwarf army book just want help destroying some vermin.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-27-09, 08:17 PM
WFB Moderator

Tim/Steve's Flag is: United Kingdom

Can you give us a rough army list that you get beaten by, the units you cant deal with and your play style (or are you willing to play whoever people suggest?)... a bit of info should help us to help you. As it stands I would say to just stand back and shoot with burning cannons, organ guns and thunderers- cannons will take out the big things (hellpits, screaming bell/furnace), organ gun takes out anything you need and thunderers can get rid of those add-on units (plague mortars, ratling guns etc). Meanwhile small combat units can kill most of the rate units that reach you (if they cant beat a unit it should be killed with organ guns)...

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-28-09, 03:06 PM

Torpored's Flag is: USA

Flaming bolt throwers are best for abominations. Organ guns kill troops. The rune that let's you have no flanks helps counter their numbers. Rune that doubles weight also helps with that.

I thinks slayers are a waste against skaven but some better armored troops with stubborn will hold skaven up forever. Miners can be strong if used with an anvil to pick off annoying jezzails.

Wouldn't bother with the flyer since skaven tend to run wide and with waves of units. Plus lots of 360 will make it easily picked off.

Hope that helps a little. I play skaven not dwarves so sorry I don't know more about dwarves.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode