Handicap For Deamons!!! - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Armylists Post your Warhammer Fantasy armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 05:49 AM Thread Starter

norest4thewicked's Flag is: USA

Default Handicap For Deamons!!!

I play DoC and im a new player, and its way too easy to kill people, i mean i like deamons because to me they are the most badass army, because they are practically made of evil energy unlike humans which could be a debate but i highly doubt it

When i face people, lets say 1250 vs 1250 i had a handicap of 100 but it was slightly too easy, so i come here today asking what a fair handicap for DoC

1000 pts =

1500 pts =

2000 pts =

any higher...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 10:45 AM

NagashKhemmler's Flag is: Australia

You sound like a man who likes to blow his own trumpet my good sir.

If one powergames then there eventually will always be a 'best' and a 'worst' team, but in friendly games I try to make lists that are fun to play with and against, you may need to look towards that theory more.

On another note, I have beaten many powergaming lists on more than one occasion with Tomb King lists and they're one of the weaker factions and I've seen competent orc players beat competent daemon players. Whist some armies may have advantage, it comes down to the player skill more often than not! In addition, high volumes of low strength attacks tend to rip apart daemons, whilst the traditional high strength low volume option (seen as powerful) falls apart. They are a different army with a different approach required to defeat them. I don't believe in, or agree with handicaps and I don't believe necessarily that one army is vastly superior, I do agree that some armies are annoying to play against however...

I find there's no honour in a game with a handicap, when I am fairly beaten I find it to be an honourable defeat, with a handicap it's just....empty for me and them.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 11:22 AM

Franko1111's Flag is: Australia

I agree with NagashKhemmler they don't need a handicap. call me a bad player if you whine about daemons but with them I average a 50% win vs loss. lots of little guys go thought most of the chooses. granted if I heaped money on them and made a "win all games list" I could do alot better but I say people who do that in a friendly game can't be very good as it should be about the Challenge

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 01:44 PM

JokerGod's Flag is: Italy

I think you just need to stop acting like a child and stop running power lists for friendly games.

Try playing the game for fun once, you might enjoy it.

Eyes with out life.
Maggot ridden corpses.
Mountains of skulls.
These are some of my favorite things.

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 03:06 PM

I wouldn't be too worried about it being "too easy" pretty soon GW will release a new armies book and no doubt that one will walk all over the daemons one. But yeah, enjoy it while it lasts, thats jus the way warhammer is at the moment.

I always knew I was an unwanted child when my bathtoys were an electric toaster and an alarm clock radio.https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6067&dateline=1226929  578

Currently playing:
Venomspam Dark Eldar, Dragiowing, Russel Crowe and his purifier buddies, Space wolves, Heresy Worldeaters (Countas BA)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-27-09, 04:14 PM

NagashKhemmler's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbo View Post
I wouldn't be too worried about it being "too easy" pretty soon GW will release a new armies book and no doubt that one will walk all over the daemons one. But yeah, enjoy it while it lasts, thats jus the way warhammer is at the moment.
Seems to be a perpetual power creep. In a few editions we'll see bloodthirster stats on skeletons and wonder what 'toughness 3' was, some sort of imaginary friend from before....ha.

That said, I've done well in tournaments with my tomb kings and most people consider them 'crap' so I think the army helps, but good players find ways to make all armies competitive, I've seen tournaments won by orcs and beasts and people say they are really truly horrible in terms of power...I think 'easier' armies are like training wheels, you can recover your bike from a potential crash easier, but if you can't ride you just can't ride ;).

Armies like tomb kings are unforgiving, as are beasts one mistake and it's over, but their potential is high, just like all armies. How you tackle a certain army changes, against daemons you need lots of low strength attacks to triumph, rather than fewer high strength attacks, this works against certain armies and also works against conventional warhammer wisdom (higher strength helps lots against almost all armies...).

I watched plague monks smash a unit of bloodletters when charging it for example.

Last edited by NagashKhemmler; 08-27-09 at 04:24 PM.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-09, 12:22 AM

Reign's Flag is: USA

I would suggest instead of a handicap, you get out of your basement and find some good opponants to play.

I can tell you right off the bat that you're not going to be "winning every game easily" against Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, High Elves, Dark Elves, or Lizardmen when played by COMPETENT players. There's a keyword there. If you're in your basement playing your 8 year old brother, or your son, it isn't going to help.

Hell, just have your normal opponant field vampire counts and do nothing but zombies and vampires to raise the losses... units of 60... you'll cry a little on the inside when you do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING every turn because they are just being raised constantly.

Is it fun to play? Nope... but it'll shut you up pretty quick.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-31-09, 02:57 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

I agree with everything thats been said, You need to

A: Play friendlier lists than you are right now
OR
B:Find somone skilled with their chosen armies youll be asking them to use a handycap by the first game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-18-09, 10:43 PM

ravager37's Flag is: USA

so you prolly play against your little brothers say...orcs and gobbos and take kairos blue scribes, 2 mos tzeentch heralds w wings, 3 units of horrors, 2 units of hounds, and like 12 flamers rite? now these are merely assumptions but prolly pretty accurate ones
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-09, 01:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobbo View Post
I have a feeling that army may be Skaven and if not the Beasts of Chaos when the are released.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode