Handicap For Deamons!!! - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Armylists Post your Warhammer Fantasy armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-19-09, 06:41 AM

well there have been 2 armies release since daemons, Interesting people still moan about daemons.
I say if your opps feel a handicap is fair then go for it, although i'd handicap the player not the army, so if YOU always win, then fair enough but if its the army let them change there army list to counter things they think need countering, etc... if they dont they will never learn.

proportions would be hard to get right, although if you play the same person you could say every time you win they get an extra 100points next game. When they win, go back to evens and work up again, that way they can challenge themself to do better next time

Check out my gamer Blog
http://gamergeekery.blogspot.co.uk/2...rs-in-40k.html

Jezlad "I actually commented that Jigplums list was the least scary list I faced. Then took a pasting"
http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/jigplums
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160095
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-09, 03:28 AM

Franko1111's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigplums View Post
well there have been 2 armies release since daemons, Interesting people still moan about daemons.
I say if your opps feel a handicap is fair then go for it, although i'd handicap the player not the army, so if YOU always win, then fair enough but if its the army let them change there army list to counter things they think need countering, etc... if they dont they will never learn.

proportions would be hard to get right, although if you play the same person you could say every time you win they get an extra 100points next game. When they win, go back to evens and work up again, that way they can challenge themself to do better next time
I am cofused by this as when I play a army like warriors of chaos it is always a close game with luck on the day providing a clear outcome, my group has skaven, warriors of chaos x2, tomb kings, vampire counts, lizardmen and empire x2 and i go into every game thinking it over carefully and having a 50/50 win rate and I can't beat the bloody tomb kings

post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 09-21-09, 06:58 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

I've never found Daemons to be particularly broken. They have some powerful units, but every army does. It's possible that you're just a better player than your opponents, so you win. It's also possible that you're taking the game too seriously and using the "I hate fun competitive" lists that are awfully hard to lose with if nobody's on their A-game.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've lost to daemons with my Warriors of Khorne. Even though you're unbreakable, daemons still can lose combat, and if they do, they take casualties, which makes it harder to win subsequent rounds of combat.

I've found a handicap in points ultimately doesn't mean anything in WHFB. A unit of Warriors of Khorne, for example, can take on about three times their points' value in goblins and come out on top. Cutting the Chaos player's points allowance doesn't mitigate the fact that a Warrior of Chaos is just a far better model than a goblin.

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode