General army building assistance - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Warhammer Armylists Post your Warhammer Fantasy armies here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-08, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

Default General army building assistance

Okay well I am fairly new to fantasy but I know the major rules pretty well and I'd like some help on building my army.
I play dark elves and currently have a 20 man block of spearmen with shields and full command group, 12 crossbowmen with musician and champ, 8 dark riders with champ and musician, a reaper bolt thrower and an almost usable unit of black guard.

I'm looking for some help on how to make up a proper army and to give certain units certain upgrades like banners for dark riders, what units to put characters in and such. Any comments are appreciated and Any buying suggestions are welcome.

Thanks in advance

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

Damn nature, You Scary!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-08, 08:49 PM

Ancient Tiel' a fier's Flag is: United Kingdom

Best advice wait for the new book coming in august, if you need something to be on with Witch elves are sick 3 poison attacks a piece.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-08, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

And I've heard they always strike first too...
I'm asking as a kind of generalised army though and seeing what upgrades are best given to units like ranged, fast cavalry and the like.... Not going to much into account that they are dark elves though....

If you shit in one hand and wish in the other we all know which one will fill up faster.

And as I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will have no fear For I am the scariest mother f*cker in that goddamned valley!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-08, 11:07 PM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would wait for the book, for the upgrades. But for your army i would get 2 units of Witch, 2 more bolt throwers, 3 more core choices like spears and some charactors like spellcasters and fighters

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-08, 02:22 AM Thread Starter

I was going to go for all that stuff apart from one witch unit and 1 cold one unit. Thing that gets me a lot is what are the best command groups for each unit. I don't want to waste points on a banner that can be easily stolen you see....

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-08, 01:17 PM

Green Knight's Flag is: United Kingdom

I give full command to all my units except bowmen and fast cavery. As the bowmen will die if in combat, and fast cavery is there to get rear charges and be a pain in the neck for the enemy.

The creatures of the Warp have but one trait with which you need concern yourself - their undying contempt for the Emperor. It is your task to quell the rebellion they preach, and the only sure way is to destroy them utterly.
+++ Qualtak Shoram +++
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-08, 06:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
I give full command to all my units except bowmen and fast cavery. As the bowmen will die if in combat, and fast cavery is there to get rear charges and be a pain in the neck for the enemy.
do you not use command groups at all with those squads or just parts of them?? A champ in my dark riders unit is helpful as it gives him BS5 at the moment. plus the musician works well for panic and break tests even with range induced ones I think. what about those two in a fast cavalry squad???

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Warhammer Fantasy Battles & Age of Sigmar > Warhammer Armylists

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode