Sisters of Battle codex reply from Cruddace - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-19-11, 11:48 PM

By definition you can't be wrong if it is your opinion.

Mostly I was just curious as stated above, and thinking about ideas myself of how to do it better.

Like:
Repentia Mistress has no current purpose in the WD Dex, she does nothing to control the unit. I thought she might provide anti-Rage until they are involved in their first assault, and then be perma-Raged after that. I also thought that the current faith powers really need to be able to be used in the opponent's turn. I also agree on the power whips the mistress uses, but overall the repentia themselves should be the hard hitters so it didn't bother me much. It just bothered me that the Mistress did nothing to control the unit at all.

Might be at the heart of it all they want to not only remake the current models, but introduce at least a few new choices for units. Other than something like the Repressor vechicle I can't really think of units that would fit well in the army without detracting from the sisters. I suppose it does mean changing them at least that far to put new units in game, but in reality they have the basic functions already (except maybe a vehicle fixing unit, but they are not used much or popular in armies).

Thanks for writing the document and sending it in. Anything that may help speed a real codex along is appreciated.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
Repentia Mistress has no current purpose in the WD Dex
This is exactly what I thought. I made allot of suggestions on how to make her interesting. The fluff says that she is the only one who can grant a Repentia repentance if they have shown themselves worthy at the end of a battle, she is also responsible for pretty much everything in their lives. As she is so important to them this should be represented on the gaming table. One thing I did was that the unit could not use AoF if she died, another was bring back the WH codex rule that if she died the unit immediately makes a Holy Rage move towards the unit responsible for her death. She also carried some wargear like the grenades that made every model in the unit count as having frag grenades.

The question I wanted the gamer to ask themselves was do I keep her alive so she can provide all the bonuses to the unit or do I let her die so they can get the Holy Rage move towards the enemy, but if I do this they lose the ability to use AoFs, some of which were quite nice...
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 06:08 AM

Grogbart's Flag is: Germany

This is the second time you got a positive response from sending in suggestions, isn't it? Congratulations, MCC!

Having read GW's (German) statement about submitting ideas, I was wondering about your courage to send them, getting a replay and even more so a positive one!

When looking at the English version I noticed the whole passage about "I've got an idea..." is missing from the submission policy (GW homepage, "Contact us" bottom right, "submission policy" point 15 on the left).

I ain't got the time translating it today, but let me tell you, it's a rather 'friendly' advise not to send them any ideas.
I'd be glad if someone could reaffirm this and maybe even help me with a translation tomorrow, as my English isn't the best, especially with such juristic expressions. (MCC, was German among the many languages speak?)

Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.

post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 10:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grogbart View Post
(MCC, was German among the many languages speak?)
No, sorry. I only speak or understand all the scandinavian languages and english so I'm not of much use there. I do understand a bit of german but I am by no means fluent or literalistic in the language.

As for my courage? I just dont want to sit here and brood over how much I dislike this rule or that pointcost, I'd rather voice my concerns, put them to paper and send them in. I've been told they read everything they get but I think it's more like skimming over everything they get, so if you want them to actually read something you submit I would suggest you pace it well. Basically a wall of text gets tiresome really fast, imagine a codex without a single picture, just text. So I suggest you put some pictures in there, space everything into small readable segments and organise everything so that you talk about one problem in one part of your text and not have it split up here and there. The most important part is to be objective in your criticism, if you just say everything sucks and GW dont know what they are doing your submission will be thrown in the trash before the first page has been read. Criticism is good, it's what makes things better but you need to explain why something doesn't work or is bad and if possible provide a solution to the problem. If all else fails try to bribe them, I sent a chocolate bar with my first submission, simply so that Robin would have something to eat while reading the document. This is also a way to make sure they reply, who could accept some nice tasty chocolate without thanking the person who sent it? :D

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 10-20-11 at 11:11 AM.
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 11:21 AM

Congratulations on getting though, MCC. When I tried a one page submission a year ago, I got no response and the WD update didn't show any signs that they'd read it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
Because of this:

It's the magic of consent. By sending them something you are consenting that they now own the idea.
To meet the legal standard of consent, GW would have to go out of their way to bring these terms to MCC's attention. Just posting it on the internet doesn't count.
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHolker View Post
To meet the legal standard of consent, GW would have to go out of their way to bring these terms to MCC's attention. Just posting it on the internet doesn't count.
Like I said, when I handed my document to Ben at Games Day he told me that it then and there became GW property and I explained that I did not care, that all I wanted was for them to read it through and perhaps, just perhaps they would consider something I had written. I wrote the document because I want to help GW make the best possible SoB codex that they can. I got the impression they did not know in what direction to take the codex and I put my own thoughts to paper and handed it over. If you check out my video on youtube from games day you will hear my thoughts a few seconds after handing my document to Ben. In the end it's all up to GW, we dont know what they have planned for the codex or the direction they intend to take the army. In the end all we can hope is that they create a good codex with allot of interesting units and fluff.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-20-11, 06:22 PM

Grogbart's Flag is: Germany

Thanks to some unexpected free time, I could finished the translation today. I'd still be glad if someone who also speaks German, would look over it, so I didn't do any major mistakes. (I suspect those extra lines are also present on the Spanish and Italian homepages, but that's just from comparing text length and email-address positions, rather than me actually being able to read it!?)

This is the mentioned section of GW's submission policy translated by me, from the German GW homepage:
Quote:
I have an idea, which I think Games Workshop should further develop
Sometimes people approach us with ideas. If you read this page, you might have one yourself; but before sending us your concept, you should definitely read the guidelines listed here:

I had a bright idea! Should I submit it to Games Workshop?
Although we encourage Creativity and always enjoy hearing from our hobbyists, we do not use unsolicited concepts, sent to us. In England we maintain one of the biggest design studios, that is filled to the brim with creative people, whose full-time job it is, to fight alongside Space Marines, conjuring Demons and whacking Goblins and to develop new projects or further develop existing ones. This means, we have a busy schedule and projects are worked on years before release. So we neither have the requirement or the capacity, to study offers or concepts from outside.

What happens if I submit my idea nonetheless?
We deeply advise you not to, for the reasons stated above and below. We will not have time to adequately review your idea either way - Goblins do not whack themselves!

Note in particular, that by submitting you automatically assign all intellectual property rights in it to us
This means, that Games Workshop is given ownership of your submission and exclusive rights to use your submission for any purpose. Please do not make a submission if you do not agree to this.

Will Games Workshop send back my submission?
We can not promise, to send back unsolicited submissions.

Will I receive an answer?
Unfortunately we can not answer unsolicited submissions or give any feedback. But if you want to talk to us, about your latest hobby project, you may speak with us at our Games Days around the world or chat with us in Bugmans Bar.
I noticed a slight difference in philosophy on submissions, between this and the reply MCC got!

As for the courage bit. Yes, I did not really feel encouraged, sharing ideas with GW, when first reading those lines. But to be honest, a far greater reason I'm not confident about sending ideas about 40K anywhere, is, that I couldn't even get someone here at heresy interested in any of my ideas. (Yeah, I probably shouldn't be the one to complain, as I'm not exactly the most encouraging type either)
And of cause the huge amount of time it takes me, to translate my ideas not only form German into English, but also from my thoughts into speech in general!

Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-22-11, 04:29 AM
Wax

Wax's Flag is: USA

Sisters get a real 'dex and plastic models in the first quarter of next year. You heard it here first.
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-22-11, 10:27 AM

Kettu's Flag is: Australia

You know, wild guessing has kinda become the standard fare since July.
Oh, not to say that it wasn't the case before then but since then, wild guesses and wish-listing is more or less the only things we hear.

Before the WDex came out, rumours were flying about but since then, everyone went quiet.
This, despite the rumour blackout, still suggests that any eventual SoB releases are far further away then in the next five months.
Since then, everything we have heard has been naught but wishlisting.

So, unless you have something more?

Quote:
And the lovely tales about how they almost won at the battle of shaggydog, almost survived the scouring of Rocksfalls, Almost did something in the purging of Pointless and
theybeatupsomehereticsafewyearsback
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-22-11, 07:11 PM
Innovative Forge-Lord

Cypher871's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Like I said, when I handed my document to Ben at Games Day he told me that it then and there became GW property and I explained that I did not care, that all I wanted was for them to read it through and perhaps, just perhaps they would consider something I had written. I wrote the document because I want to help GW make the best possible SoB codex that they can. I got the impression they did not know in what direction to take the codex and I put my own thoughts to paper and handed it over. If you check out my video on youtube from games day you will hear my thoughts a few seconds after handing my document to Ben. In the end it's all up to GW, we dont know what they have planned for the codex or the direction they intend to take the army. In the end all we can hope is that they create a good codex with allot of interesting units and fluff.
Hi MCC, I did try and reply to you the other day but the site kept dropping and I got fed up in the end. Anyway, I just wanted to say fair comment to your reply regarding ownership...I wasn't actually aware that GW had such a clause to submitting IP for their own use.

Does that clause also state that you can no longer re-produce or publish the content submitted? Just curious is all.

Cy

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode