Eldar Rumors (bit of News) - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 08:31 PM
Heresy Online's Pet Furby

Tawa's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
True, but it winds up the top management no end when people say they've done something to tie-in with an external release
I find that giving my manager a cheery "Morning!" and a big happy glad-to-be-at-work smile has the same effect. Or at least, it makes him paranoid about what I'm up to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace of Ultramar View Post
I think Tawa is a temporal entity that exists outside of the hobby/modeling timeline. Essentially, he's the Heresy Online equivalent of a Time Lord... which is kinda hilarious and frightening all at the same time.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god was how all this mess started."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
I would add Shining Spears, Guardians, Jetbikes and maybe adding one or 2 plastic aspect warrior packs onto that list.
I could agree with Shining Spears but they do not "need" it. I personally like the jet bike.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-28-11, 06:21 AM

Pssyche's Flag is: England

Achaylus72
"If this is true, then this means that Chaos will get pushed back until late 2013 or early 2014."

Maybe, maybe not.
At Gamesday the major Chaos player from our group was talking very enthusiastically with a Black Library writer about his work. And the fact that he'd like to see some of the writers' literary creations become officially playable in the tabletop game.
The writer, caught up in the enthusiasm, said he'd been trying for a couple of months now to get Phil Kelly to incorporate one of his most iconic characters into the Codex.
Which tells me that Mr Kelly has been working on the Codex for quite some time and while I accept a schedule is a schedule, two to three more years to release seems somewhat pessimistic.

Though I take your life, I promise you the stars...

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-28-11, 10:30 AM

MaidenManiac's Flag is: Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pssyche View Post
The writer, caught up in the enthusiasm, said he'd been trying for a couple of months now to get Phil Kelly to incorporate one of his most iconic characters into the Codex.
Which tells me that Mr Kelly has been working on the Codex for quite some time and while I accept a schedule is a schedule, two to three more years to release seems somewhat pessimistic.
IF this holds true then its at least going to be a characterful and fun book.
Approved

Win/Draw/Loss(5th ed results)
EC: 45/2/12
Tau: 28/3/7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
Common sense and wargamers are like oil and water
Quote:
'Alessio is to 40k what impotence is to rape.' - Jezlad
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-30-11, 11:12 PM

Adramalech's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I doubt that BT and Chaos will be in the starter box for 6th ed. GW has NEVER catered to the release of any computer game to push sales. I mean if they did then undoubtably there would be a Codex: Blood Ravens by now.

I also doubt that Eldar will be a 2012 release but they deserve to be released before Chaos. People seem to forget that the Eldar codex is not only older than the Chaos one but that the Eldar codex also became more bland with its current addition (No Craftworld Eldar book). To pile on the reasons lets not forget that a significant proportion of the Eldar produce range was released for 3rd edition or even before that. Some people want these models (Wraithguard, Jetbikes, Warp Spiders and many others) to have new sculpts since the poses on some are ugly. The best Chaos can claim to is having a few special characters being a bit old.
I can agree with this. Though, being a chaos fan myself, it's hard to overcome my bias for purposes of eldar-sympathy. In Sorte Slaaneshi and all that.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 09:57 PM
Digg40k's Flag is: United Kingdom

I suppose I can assume from all this that if I'm going for Eldar as my next army then I should go ahead and buy some models and the Codex as it's going to be awhile yet before new stuff hits?
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-12-11, 10:44 PM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
It's Black Templars -> Chaos Marines -> Eldar

EDIT: Reason: The 6th edition starter set AKA. the next AoBR equivalent, will be Black Templars + Chaos as a tie-in to the MMORPG Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online. The following codices will be the remaining races from WH40K:DMO, which is Eldar and Imperial Guard.

EDIT 2: These rumors are toss, 110% guaranteed, it's just BoLS knee-jerk conjecture in the panic that their niche is gone and their website is useless now.
Utter Crap, the Black Templars WILL NOT be the only chapter that you'll be able to choose in the game, so STOP associating Black Templars as the sole chapter in the game and that the new Starter Set will be connected to them, IT WILL NOT.
Why do people see the need to think Black Templars as the only chapter in the game and that the 6th ed Starter set is connect to the release of the game.

The game is a MMORPG and as with any game of that type customization of the Character will be prevalent and a choice of Chapter Schemes will be available and will probably have something similar to the army painter in the DOW games.

As to Eldar i refuse to believe they'll be released before Chaos Space Marines, regardless of how old, (Other releases show the irrelevance of age of a codex hence Dark Eldar getting a new codex after many many years) Chaos Space are perhaps more popular and will perhaps be released before even Eldar.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-13-11, 12:21 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
I could agree with Shining Spears but they do not "need" it. I personally like the jet bike.
Then your gonna be upset. I have recently seen photos of some Eldar Jetbikers tht were meant to be released in the last codex but somewhere something happened and most likely will be released for the next codex.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-13-11, 03:36 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Then your gonna be upset. I have recently seen photos of some Eldar Jetbikers tht were meant to be released in the last codex but somewhere something happened and most likely will be released for the next codex.
Really? I can say with absolute confidence that no new jetbikes were made during the last Eldar Codex release, nor at any point up to 2009. They may have made more in the interim in preparation, or whilst they were making the DE ones, but they weren't made at the last release.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff

Last edited by SilverTabby; 10-13-11 at 03:38 PM.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 10-13-11, 04:20 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

New models mean nothing. The Plastic DP was leaked more then a year before the new dex. SO maybe eldar will be seen 2013-late 2012. If the pictures were real.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode