Eldar Rumors (bit of News) - Page 3 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 04:41 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Before 6th edition comes out, we will see Necrons and Tau, and immediately after, Black Templars and Chaos. If you think that leaves room for any kind of Eldar in 2012, especially since the Eldar codex is after 6th edition, please apply for a job at the GW R&D dept. because they can certainly need someone like you to figure out how to make their production lines go faster.
I like how absolutely certain you are that things are going to proceed as you describe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 08:06 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I doubt that BT and Chaos will be in the starter box for 6th ed. GW has NEVER catered to the release of any computer game to push sales. I mean if they did then undoubtably there would be a Codex: Blood Ravens by now.

I also doubt that Eldar will be a 2012 release but they deserve to be released before Chaos. People seem to forget that the Eldar codex is not only older than the Chaos one but that the Eldar codex also became more bland with its current addition (No Craftworld Eldar book). To pile on the reasons lets not forget that a significant proportion of the Eldar produce range was released for 3rd edition or even before that. Some people want these models (Wraithguard, Jetbikes, Warp Spiders and many others) to have new sculpts since the poses on some are ugly. The best Chaos can claim to is having a few special characters being a bit old.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #23 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 08:22 AM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
Before 6th edition comes out, we will see Necrons and Tau, and immediately after, Black Templars and Chaos. If you think that leaves room for any kind of Eldar in 2012, especially since the Eldar codex is after 6th edition, please apply for a job at the GW R&D dept. because they can certainly need someone like you to figure out how to make their production lines go faster.
You seem to have missed the very first word in my post, which was 'if'. This is a rumour thread about the Eldar, but you can replace the word 'Eldar' with any other race you like, the timings will still be right. Whatever is in that slot will be done and dusted before Christmas. 40K was finished a while ago.

Quote:
That is semantics. Whether or not the 40K release ties in with the video game or the other way around is irrelevant, the point is, they tie in with each other.
True, but it winds up the top management no end when people say they've done something to tie-in with an external release

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff

post #24 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 11:55 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
True, but it winds up the top management no end when people say they've done something to tie-in with an external release
Really? I have to make a note to do it more then!

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #25 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 02:17 PM

Now i am totally confused.

I have read within Heresy that in the 1st quarter that Sisters will get an all new plastic/finecast release, then

I have read within Heresy that the next box set AoBR replacement will be Chaos v Dark Eldar.

I have read within Heresy that the next 40K releases are Tau and then Necron, or the other way around.

I have read within Heresy that we are supposed to get The Summer of Flyers.

I have read within Heresy that we something Apocalypse (Imperial Guard) related.

You can understand why i am confused as to all these rumours, it really seems that many really don't know what is going to happen and basically making stuff up.

If my local GW Store Manager and my contacts with GW Middle Management don't know what is going on how do ordinary punters know what going on, they don't

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
post #26 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 02:38 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achaylus72 View Post
Now i am totally confused.

<snip>

You can understand why i am confused as to all these rumours, it really seems that many really don't know what is going to happen and basically making stuff up.

If my local GW Store Manager and my contacts with GW Middle Management don't know what is going on how do ordinary punters know what going on, they don't
And there you have it. Most of the rumours you read are either wishful thinking, or made up of reading posts made by other people, repeating or mis-repeating stuff posted previously by wishful thinkers. It is virtually impossible to get accurate information out of the Studio itself, and anyone claiming to have "seen stuff being made at the moment" will 99% of the time be lying. It's almost impossible for non-HQ GW staff to get in there, let alone a member of the public.

Redshirts and store management know what they are told, which is the release schedule for the next month. At National Managers Meetings, the gist of what will be coming for the next 6 months is hinted at, but they don't get shown anything.

This is why it's worth going to GDUK. You actually get to talk to the Studio staff, and if you're lucky, can get one of them to slip up and spill something. Like the comment made by a BL author on "getting hold of the new Necron Codex for reference". I'd believe that one.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #27 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Its all rumor, sometimes you can string together enough to make it credable but others its easy to defunct.

Then there are rumors that are pretty much common sense.

Like the fact that eldar are going to get new tanks. That one is pretty much a given.

Last edited by Djinn24; 09-27-11 at 06:16 PM.
post #28 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
Its all rumor, sometimes you can string together enough to make it credable but others its easy to defunct.

Then there are rumors that are pretty much common sense.

Like the fact that eldar are going to get new tanks. That one is pretty much a given.
I am not so sure. Nowadays apart from Dark Eldar every army that gets released gets a few releases for new units and a couple of old units are updated. The Eldar have so much stuff that needs updating I wonder how a new Codex might pan out for them.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #29 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

Most of our models are fine, the major things that need an update are

HQ:
Farseer/Warlock
Pheonix Lords

Elite:
Wraithguard

Troops:
None

Fast Attack:
Warp Spider

Heavy:
None

Stuff that can be added:
Nightwing
Venom like vehicle
Add-Ons for the Falcon tank to include D-Cannon, Pulsar, Sonic Lance, AA Battery (non Apoc version of the weapon)
Something like a dreadknight (Eldar also had an older knight titan back in the day)
post #30 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-27-11, 09:27 PM

I would add Shining Spears, Guardians, Jetbikes and maybe adding one or 2 plastic aspect warrior packs onto that list.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode