Eldar Rumors (bit of News) - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 05:27 PM

If this is true, then this means that Chaos will get pushed back until late 2013 or early 2014.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I am pretty sure that the Eldar dex is older then the Chaos dex at thins point.

My wallet hates this annoucement, you know how much FW I still need to get?
post #13 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 06:12 PM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

I'm gonna call BS on the entire thing. It's too far off for these rumors to be anything approaching accurate. I'll be surprised to see any of this pan out.

post #14 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

You know KD most of these are so general that they are likely true, but I can see where you doubt others too. Its like the rumor that a new Nightwing is being released, its easily believable because that kit is so dated.

New Tanks: Given
New Jet Bike: Maybe
New Vyper: Doubt it
New Warlocks: Likely
New Aspects: Doubt it, they where just redone
Droppod: Highly Doubt, maybe a webway ship
post #15 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 07:15 PM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post
It has been rumored for a bit that Eldar are getting the 1st or 2nd codex for 6th edition.
It's Black Templars -> Chaos Marines -> Eldar

EDIT: Reason: The 6th edition starter set AKA. the next AoBR equivalent, will be Black Templars + Chaos as a tie-in to the MMORPG Warhammer 40K: Dark Millennium Online. The following codices will be the remaining races from WH40K:DMO, which is Eldar and Imperial Guard.

EDIT 2: These rumors are toss, 110% guaranteed, it's just BoLS knee-jerk conjecture in the panic that their niche is gone and their website is useless now.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo

Last edited by MetalHandkerchief; 09-26-11 at 07:20 PM.
post #16 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 10:03 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

If eldar are indeed mid-year 2012, then virtually all writing work will be done, plastics will be virtully complete and the final thing left to happen before the book goes to repro is the models to come back so EM can do the colour section. That will be done by Christmas.

People seem to think these projects get thrown together over a couple of months, that the schedule is flexible and can be altered and shifted around seemingly on a whim. It's simply not true. It's also not true that the new box for 40k will be what it is to tie-in with a computer game. It will in fact be the other way around: the decision for the contents will have been made over 2 years ago, the work will all be finished by now and the computer company will have chosen their factions following discussions on this years ago. GW never has and never will tailor their schedule around an external release, they insist the external releases work around them.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #17 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 10:23 PM
Ranty ranter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
If eldar are indeed mid-year 2012, then virtually all writing work will be done, plastics will be virtully complete and the final thing left to happen before the book goes to repro is the models to come back so EM can do the colour section. That will be done by Christmas.
Before 6th edition comes out, we will see Necrons and Tau, and immediately after, Black Templars and Chaos. If you think that leaves room for any kind of Eldar in 2012, especially since the Eldar codex is after 6th edition, please apply for a job at the GW R&D dept. because they can certainly need someone like you to figure out how to make their production lines go faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
People seem to think these projects get thrown together over a couple of months, that the schedule is flexible and can be altered and shifted around seemingly on a whim. It's simply not true. It's also not true that the new box for 40k will be what it is to tie-in with a computer game. It will in fact be the other way around: the decision for the contents will have been made over 2 years ago, the work will all be finished by now and the computer company will have chosen their factions following discussions on this years ago. GW never has and never will tailor their schedule around an external release, they insist the external releases work around them.
That is semantics. Whether or not the 40K release ties in with the video game or the other way around is irrelevant, the point is, they tie in with each other.

To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #18 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 10:32 PM
Oakley's Flag is: Australia

Loving the look of that Pheonix Lord. It's great to seecompanies outside GW focusing on Eldar again.

회색 기사단의 세력은 우리의 원수에 대한 강한 상승합니다. - Forces of the Grey Knights will rise strong against our enemies.

Come on, he's hungry.
post #19 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 11:48 PM
Ranty ranter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakley View Post
Loving the look of that Pheonix Lord. It's great to seecompanies outside GW focusing on Eldar again.
I like it too, just a shame everyone and their dog sculpts those ugly scenic bases onto the miniatures now a days

To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #20 of 46 (permalink) Old 09-26-11, 11:49 PM Thread Starter

I really wanna see the back story on this new PL and the followers.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode