GW Full Year Report is out - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-27-11, 10:01 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

well actually its likely that drop in sales in Aus is the reason for the export ban, GW's sales on the balance books take into account the sales direct from a GW point of sale not indie traders. the drop in sales in the UK are likely down to the increase in VAT in january and our economy is stuttering because of the VAT hike across the board, look at how our economy only grew a tiny amount in the last 3 months.
on a positive note GW despite everything are still profitable and are a going concern, more new stuff on the horizon!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-27-11, 11:25 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

Mostly as expected I think, the Australian sales drop undoubtedly lead to the embargo on independants shipping there. To be honest, with such a large sales drop it is no wonder they took such drastic actions, sharholders would have demanded some assurance that they weren't wasting their time in Australia.

Interesting, finecast seems to be molded in flexible molds, I was very much under the (false) impression it was a castable resin for use with existing tooling.

'We are in the process of renewing our successful licence deal with Fantasy Flight Publishing..'

Good news I say.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-27-11, 11:49 PM

Maybe if GW didn't charge an absolute greedy amount for Australian items they might see an increase in sales.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 12:32 AM

maddermax's Flag is: Australia

We'll see if the embargo causes a pickup in Australian sales, or a further decline next year. Either way, it's certainly damaging their brand with Australian customers, but that isn't going to make Australia unprofitable to them, in the short term at least.

On the other hand, until they redo the pricing they'll probably see an up-tick in forgeworld sales - it's cheaper to buy Forge World stuff and have it shipped over than than to buy normal GW stuff here.

PubHammer Brisbane
It's all in the name.

Looking for a club in Brisbane, Australia? Come and enjoy a game and a beer at our friendly club in a pub, Sunday nights from 6:30. All brisbanites welcome, don't wait, check out our Club Page on Facebook for details or to organize a game. We play all sorts of board and war games, so hit us up if you're interested.

Update:From the 25th of May 2014 we'll be Meeting at The Junction pub in Annerley, opposite Ace Comics and Games Still playing 40k, Warmachine and board games of all sorts!
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 12:56 AM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

Hmm..

Games Workshop have a lot of grovelling to do to manage to get their sales back up. The fact that they lost 10% of sales from Aus is a big hit. It means that the price hike last year really affected the selling. God knows what this one has done. I can see losses of another 10 - 20% May next year.

As for UK. I can see sales staying gradual, although, what with Independents being more dominant in the market, I don't see the -6% changing. Although, I expect with the release of Space Marines we might see an increase maybe.

Last edited by Marneus Calgar; 07-28-11 at 01:01 AM.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 09:16 AM

This is a good report for GW, compared to a lot of other luxury/niche good retailers they've performed well.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 10:48 AM

Dicrel Seijin's Flag is: USA

It's nice to be able to read through these reports and see things that I normally am not privy to otherwise.

The "Chairman's Preamble" was an interesting read. It seems that the chairman himself will be heading the training of the successors of the business. (I thought he was joking when he made mention of the ages, but a look at the executive director profiles made me realize he was not. With the exception of a 41-year-old, the others are in their late-50s to late-60s.

And I would have never made the connection that the appearance of FW kits on the Apocalypse battlefields years ago was the impetus for switching from metal to resin, hastened by the rising costs of said metal.

The little nugget that the partnership with THQ has been renewed to 2020, which will allow for the completion of the WH40K MMO will surely be welcome news for my friends who are rather fanatical about the games.

"Oh, you can have as much violence as you want, but no swearing and absolutely no sex." --Bruce Campbell

Fiction: Beneath Our Feet | From Darkness... | Elements of Order, Ep 1, Pt 1, Sec 1 & 2 (MLP: FiM) | Iron Grot | Only War

Projects: Waaagh! Dicrel: Bad Moons Rising | Dicrel's Ork Base Works-In-Progress Log
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 08:09 PM

Admiral_HACKbar's Flag is: Australia

They have just gone about the pricing structure the wrong way for Australia.
I don't mind paying more, as I am further away from the source, but not nearly double.

I had so many plans to buy other races, but the embargo hit and scared my wallet away.

Ah well, lets see whats next years results bring...;>
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-28-11, 11:23 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

There's a very good analysis of that report here:

http://dukesinferno.blogspot.com/201...f-gw.html#more

Phil

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 07-29-11, 02:38 AM

GW's problem is that more and more of its Australian customers are becoming smarter at shopping around. I can't justify spending the 87.5% mark up. So i purchase via EBay and when Waylands ever gets it act together in regards to its ROW customer i'll continue to use this option, i have calculated with a strong Aussie Dollar i am saving 55% to 60% off GW Australian Shelf Prices.

For every dollar i spend it goes directly to an overseas vendor, i can't support the local vendors.

Case in point, if Wayland gets act together and if their ROW prices are the same as domestic then i can purchase a CSM Battleforce for $81.90 AuD (this includes postage), currently that very CSM Battleforce on Aussie shelves is $180 AuD.

Ultramarines are Pussies

Except Dark Angels, any chapter that sounds like a Death Metal Band can't be that bad.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode