=][= Rumours Roundup : Sisters of Battle - White Dwarf Released - Page 41 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #401 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shandathe View Post
I find it, at the very least, hard to believe that after years of being completely ignored (or worse) a Sisters of Battle update would appear in the very next White Dwarf without any sort of warning beforehand.
Would they do that? I mean, not even on the back page of a previous issue? Or an "Incoming" newsletter? Christ, even 2nd wave models are given an advance order email.

The overall impression that I'm starting to get from these rumours (not that I didn't know already) is that GW is just half-assing it on the Sisters. Personally, I could have waited until the new codex, no matter how late. They managed to do that with an actual DE release, why can't they do that with Sisters? I don't know the history of the Blood Angels WD codex, but it seems easier to squat an army that doesn't have an actual codex anymore.

Any more good news, MCC?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #402 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 05:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midge913 View Post
I think that the WD update thing is a crock of shit....... It failed miserably with the Blood Angels and I don't see them doing it again. Its my opinion that since the only person to ever to have mention a WD update is Blood of Kittens, I put no weight in this rumor at all. As MetalHandkerchief said trollers gonna troll.

The Blood Angel update being a bucket full of poo had to due more with the complete failure that was the Dark Angel Codex(which the BA WD Dex was based on).

** LOUD JARRING CHORDS **

"NOBODY expects the Deathwing Assaulting Fortress of Redemption! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Lion.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."

"Now, Interrogator-Chaplain Biggles...Fetch the CUSHIONS!"
post #403 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 05:48 AM

In regards to ghost 21's rumors:

The box sets mentioned still give me pause.

If it is normal sisters and phim, then where are the heavy weapons? Standard troop boxes normally have at least one or two heavy options, but no heavy weapons were mentioned in the sprue descriptions.

I think we can be confident that anyone coming new to the sisters once we finally get a full redo won't be using chunky metal heavy weapons...so why no info on a retributor box?

Or did he say these two that are ready now? possibly to be released with the WD update?

post #404 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 11:52 AM

Kettu's Flag is: Australia

Repentia are Sisters who have or have seen themselves to have failed the Sisterhood in a major way. When this occurs they ceremoniously stripped of their armour and equipment and mourned as having died.
They then don a robe made from the torn remains of their previous robe, have their head shaved (The Hair style is as symbolic as everything else) and are given a Eviscerator and live apart from the Sisters.
In battle, groups of the Repentia are lead by a Mistress to charge the enemy, in order to find forgiveness and salvation in death.
They are a literal Forlorn Hope.
An Order of Sisters of Battle will never have many Repentia on hand. If they did they would need to seriously work out what was happening within their ranks. And are never viewed as an expendable resource, One which would be readily depleted when used but never expendable.

In games terms they (SHOULD) form a lovely anti-tank or really, anti-everything unit.
However, the 0-1 option in the codex was perfectly fitting. You shouldn't need more then one squad. Besides if you were taking more then that the Canoness would really have to see where the problem lay.

The idea that you could now not only buy Repentia in larger numbers but may even be REQUIRED to have any kind of Infiltration/scout or even just a CC unit really starts to bug me.
Has the Sisterhood suddenly become populated solely by ladies with Extreme Guilt Complexes?

If these rumours are true then I don't think I'll even recognise the Sisters when they are updated. They'll be some strange foreign parody being sold under the same name. The 'Transmorphers' to the Sisters 'Transformers'.

I... Really don't know if I should even be hopeful any more.
post #405 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
In battle, groups of the Repentia are lead by a Mistress to charge the enemy, in order to find forgiveness and salvation in death.
They are a literal Forlorn Hope.
I agree with your explanation, but not with the implementation. Rather than having them charge in like Leeroy Jenkins and fouling the Sisters' lines of fire, I'd prefer them as a counter-charge unit that redeems themselves by holding off the enemy while the others regrouped.

The mechanism I suggested when I mailed the dev team was that Repentia would grant the Hit and Run USR to other Sister's units when they entered a combat.
post #406 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel View Post
Making them scouts is beyond the pale.
I think you misunderstood this (then again I can't be 100% sure) but I seriously doubt they would be the Sisters scouts. The Scout rule however I could totally see them being given.

From my understanding the Sisters Repentia and Penitent Engines are the first to enter any combat as if I remember correctly "they rush ahead of the main force in a desperate need for redemption".

The Scout rule and Fleet is something I've always thought would be perfect for the Sisters Repentia and Penitent Engine.

With the Holy Rage rule this would mean they could scout 7-12" or outflank and the same goes for PE. With Holy Rage they are both at a disadvantage but if you could get them that closer to combat or outflank they would become allot scarier rather than something to laugh at.

Sister Repentia as Troops or a SC that makes them Troops and Penitent Engines in Fast Attack (dare I say a SC that make them Troops? I'd love this ), with the Scout and Fleet rules is the way I was considering them in my Ordo Sepulturum dex.
post #407 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 01:15 PM

Kettu's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexHolker View Post
I agree with your explanation, but not with the implementation. Rather than having them charge in like Leeroy Jenkins and fouling the Sisters' lines of fire, I'd prefer them as a counter-charge unit that redeems themselves by holding off the enemy while the others regrouped.

The mechanism I suggested when I mailed the dev team was that Repentia would grant the Hit and Run USR to other Sister's units when they entered a combat.
Originally they were part of a squad and if the squad was charged they would counter charge the enemy leaving the main squad unmolested.
They would inevitably die but the enemy is now standing 4" away from the Sisters who get a lovely turn of free-shooting to make.
This was in the Citadel Journal days.
post #408 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 01:32 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettu View Post

I... Really don't know if I should even be hopeful any more.
I'm pretty sure that the sky is falling, but what hope remains goes something like this:

* Jes said in November that Plastic Sisters had not even been begun, and would not be started in the immediate future (implication was no sooner than June at the earliest).

* Jes is not only a sculpter, but head of the plastics department, so even if he himself is not on the Sisters project, he would have accurate information about the project.

* A new plastic kit requires a lead time of around 12 months - if everything goes well (Harry), and Sisters had problems which Jes admitted had yet to be solved in November. So even if they started that day, it's unlikely that the kits will be ready by the end of the year.

* Ghost21 claims to have seen sprues, and that the Sisters will get a WD update. We've just established that sprues are unlikely to exist at this moment, and WD updates never come with models. If Ghost is wrong about one thing, we have little reason to trust the others.

* Stinger989 - who does have a good rep for knowing what he's on about - backs up the idea of a WD update, but he has NOT seconded any of Ghost's other rumours, such as kits and troop Repentia.

From this, this is what I believe:

1) Sisters will get a White Dwarf update before the end of the year.
1a) The update will have minimal changes and its purpose is solely to drive the last nail into the coffin of allies.
1b) There probably will be minor updates to point costs.
1c) Inquisition units will likely not be present, but copy & pasted Zealots might, who knows?
1d) No model kits will be released to accompany the WD update.

2) The Sisters will receive a full codex in the second half of 2012.
2a) Plastic Sisters.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #409 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel View Post
* Jes said in November that Plastic Sisters had not even been begun, and would not be started in the immediate future (implication was no sooner than June at the earliest).
Where are you getting your information?
post #410 of 2448 (permalink) Old 05-16-11, 02:02 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Rather than copy and past it I'll just direct you to post #2 of this very thread.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode