=][= Rumours Roundup : Sisters of Battle - White Dwarf Released - Page 245 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2441 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 06:13 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios
 
TheKingElessar's Avatar
TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 7,370
Reputation: 2
Default

There's a debate?

Really??

This Dex is inferior to the other 5e ones, even Nids.

It has fewer options, fewer units, fewer weapons, more overpriced stuff, and less of a Competitive edge to the one build you can make, nevermind multiple builds.

I wrote an army list I was happy with, and felt could compete with my other armies at 2k.

It came to 2546 points.

'Nuff said.
TheKingElessar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2442 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 07:13 PM
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingElessar View Post
There's a debate?

Really??

This Dex is inferior to the other 5e ones, even Nids.

It has fewer options, fewer units, fewer weapons, more overpriced stuff, and less of a Competitive edge to the one build you can make, nevermind multiple builds.

I wrote an army list I was happy with, and felt could compete with my other armies at 2k.

It came to 2546 points.

'Nuff said.
That's odd because I've made lists that have served quite well at the same point total as my opponent. Do I wish I had more toys? Sure, who doesn't want to try some of those extra shiny things? But I've made do without and do quite nicely so far.

Quite honestly with this army the "secret" is to levy your strengths to their weaknesses. It can and does win quite nicely just because of the extra girls you have on the table (thanks to things getting overall cheaper) meaning you can soak up more wounds overall.

EDIT: Just redid my 2K list and realized I've been using a 1750 one instead. And that tied once against a 2K list (Blood Angels in KP) and beat 2K of Necrons.

Last edited by Zion; 10-07-11 at 08:25 PM.
Zion is offline  
post #2443 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 07:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 398
Reputation: 2
Default

TheKingElessar may have a point if you are talking about the most competitive lists out there, like say GK purifier spam. I can't imagine being competitive with that army at the same points level. Repentia will be cut down due to the power weapons and cleansing flame, so aren't going to be as effective (due to no FNP vs power weapons). DCA should still do well, but 1 unit can't carry the whole army, unless you are playing only a 350 point game or something.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
Suijin is offline  
 
post #2444 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Burning Depths of Hell
Posts: 2,452
Reputation: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
It is possible to win with the codex. I just did versus Necrons........
Not to spoil the mood but beating the most outdated codex in the game isn't exactly hard to do. Sure there are some builds with Necrons that can be very competitive like destroyer spam but it comes short vs every 5E codex. Sisters I do not count as a 5E army though, as it's worse (my opinion) than the 3E one.

I will be closing this thread in a few hours so unless I can get some new rumours or anything it's time to say goodbye to this thread for now.
MadCowCrazy is offline  
post #2445 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 09:17 PM
Senior Member
 
SilverTabby's Avatar
SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nottingham, England
Posts: 1,705
Reputation: 28
Default

Just a quick note on that provided link, given I'm on my phone and not a computer.

That is a hobby article, based on Robin's personal army. Did you read what was written underneath? The bit that was unpainted was one unit, added in recently, that he specifically explains he hasn't painted yet as it's new.

If it was an actual tactica or WD article with unpainted figures I'd understand, but this is an online hobby article, which explains itself. This is nothing new, and not the personal insult many seem to be taking it as...

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
SilverTabby is offline  
post #2446 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 10:18 PM
Senior Member
 
Grogbart's Avatar
Grogbart's Flag is: Germany
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ludwigsburg, Germany
Posts: 213
Reputation: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
Just a quick note on that provided link, given I'm on my phone and not a computer.

That is a hobby article, based on Robin's personal army. Did you read what was written underneath? The bit that was unpainted was one unit, added in recently, that he specifically explains he hasn't painted yet as it's new.

If it was an actual tactica or WD article with unpainted figures I'd understand, but this is an online hobby article, which explains itself. This is nothing new, and not the personal insult many seem to be taking it as...
It was on GW's official homepage and it's not like they didn't manage to present EVERY other release with a fully painted army.
It being a hobby article, to me, just seems like GW didn't bother, doing a proper article (although I admit, not being the most objective mind on that matter).

And not having finished painting because it was new!?! What a stupid excuse is that!!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but those models are old. The only thing left for me to believe is nobody at GW has bothers even the slightest about Sisters and certainly no one playing/having/painting sisters in all the years since the WH Codex.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with what you wrote, but there is always more than one way to see things! Ours are obviously different.

Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.
Grogbart is offline  
post #2447 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-07-11, 11:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 398
Reputation: 2
Default

Ah will be sad to see this thread closed, one of the few things on the internet worth reading.

The only thing I thought might be interesting to still figure out is which models they aren't selling anymore to gauge the possibility of them actually getting the real release all done and scheduled. Them having old models still on the shelf presents no incentive for them to get busy with the new ones to sell.

I couldn't get Uriah Jacobus.

I did get St. Celestine.

These were both about a month ago. I can also contact a store I know who ordered more SoB stuff some of which he said he didn't get in to figure out more. That's all I had though.

Wife: "How much do you have invested in these ... miniatures?"

Me: "I don't think invested is the right word."
Suijin is offline  
post #2448 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-08-11, 12:54 AM
Token Trans Mod
 
Zion's Avatar
Zion's Flag is: USA
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: On the internet.
Posts: 6,385
Reputation: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
Ah will be sad to see this thread closed, one of the few things on the internet worth reading.

The only thing I thought might be interesting to still figure out is which models they aren't selling anymore to gauge the possibility of them actually getting the real release all done and scheduled. Them having old models still on the shelf presents no incentive for them to get busy with the new ones to sell.

I couldn't get Uriah Jacobus.

I did get St. Celestine.

These were both about a month ago. I can also contact a store I know who ordered more SoB stuff some of which he said he didn't get in to figure out more. That's all I had though.
Jacobus has been out of stock for a while. I know I'd gotten an email when I last attempted to order him that he'd be in on the 30th of September but I haven't tried ordering him again just yet.
Zion is offline  
Reply

  Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome