=][= Rumours Roundup : Sisters of Battle - White Dwarf Released - Page 243 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2421 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-04-11, 09:09 PM

Kettu's Flag is: Australia

Would it be a breach of NDA if a rumour monger was to tell us simply an eta in months or quarters (Or years), when the new codex would arrive?

No delicates, just a vague three month or so date?

Quote:
And the lovely tales about how they almost won at the battle of shaggydog, almost survived the scouring of Rocksfalls, Almost did something in the purging of Pointless and
theybeatupsomehereticsafewyearsback
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2422 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-04-11, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kettu View Post
Would it be a breach of NDA if a rumour monger was to tell us simply an eta in months or quarters (Or years), when the new codex would arrive?

No delicates, just a vague three month or so date?
Here we are already looking for a new codex. You'd think no one was paying attention to us and got nothing. Seriously though I am of the same mind. Its the worst codex for 5th edition by far. I think its worse than Tyranids even. Like I said before though, we have tis codex for awhiel at least. Lets make the most of it. Think of the bragging rights if you thoroughly kick somebody's but with the worst of the 5th edition codices especially if its Space Wolves.
post #2423 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 12:34 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewm9 View Post
Here we are already looking for a new codex. You'd think no one was paying attention to us and got nothing. Seriously though I am of the same mind. Its the worst codex for 5th edition by far. I think its worse than Tyranids even. Like I said before though, we have tis codex for awhiel at least. Lets make the most of it. Think of the bragging rights if you thoroughly kick somebody's but with the worst of the 5th edition codices especially if its Space Wolves.
I agree and disagree with this statement. It's worse in terms of actual effort but not in actual ability.

I think what is making everyone mad (or at least is garnering most of the complaints overall) is the removal of ALL of the non-Ecclesiarchy based units. Those units (and allies) where what made Sisters more potent, they covered the flaws the Sisters innately have with how they were designed. Without them, the codex looks weaker and requires more effort to play well, as well as needing more initial thought into what you take in an army.

But can it win? Yes. Yes it can. But unfortunately the road to winning with this codex doesn't leave much room for creativity in how you build an army.

post #2424 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 01:15 AM
mahavira's Flag is: Canada

Matter of opinion, I guess. I'm getting much better results and having much more fun than I did with the Witch Hunters 'dex.
post #2425 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
I agree and disagree with this statement. It's worse in terms of actual effort but not in actual ability.

I think what is making everyone mad (or at least is garnering most of the complaints overall) is the removal of ALL of the non-Ecclesiarchy based units. Those units (and allies) where what made Sisters more potent, they covered the flaws the Sisters innately have with how they were designed. Without them, the codex looks weaker and requires more effort to play well, as well as needing more initial thought into what you take in an army.

But can it win? Yes. Yes it can. But unfortunately the road to winning with this codex doesn't leave much room for creativity in how you build an army.
Strangely I am not finding that the case. I never used allies or really any non Ecclesiarchy units except occasionally in Apocalypse games. Making allies work detracted too much IMO from the spirit of the army as it limited Faith. I'm not saying I haven't had success with the new codex, but many units really crumble in HTH combat now whereas before I could have a fighting chance. It was rare that I suffered a sweeping advance unless I wanted to. Now it happens almost every time I lose a combat just about. Though perhaps my seeming inability to make a power armor save doesn't help. (for example my Rhino blows up and I lose 3 sisters to the explosion regularly. Inexplicable I tell you.) I also seem to fail more faith attempts now than ever before. My dice must just hate me.

I could care less about the removal of non-Ecclesiarchy units. They never figured into my wins with the WH codex ever. I care about losses of wargear such as the Eviscerator on my superiors, Blessed Weapons, and the Cloak of St Aspira amongst some things. i care about the downgrade of Faith and that I can only use it in my turn. Imagine if Blood Angels could only activate the ability to have Feel no Pain on a 4+ for a unit and then it only worked on thier turns. Sisters suffered through changes which were unneccessary. This codex is not an improvement in my opinion which it shoudl have been. I suppose Tyranid players migth sya the same thing. What other 5th ed codex went trhough similar changes/losses?
post #2426 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 02:49 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post

I think what is making everyone mad (or at least is garnering most of the complaints overall) is the removal of ALL of the non-Ecclesiarchy based units. Those units (and allies) where what made Sisters more potent, they covered the flaws the Sisters innately have with how they were designed.
I strongly disagree.

I never uses any non-Sororitas unit in the old dex and had no trouble winning regularly, even against Space Woofs and the new GK.

The new 'dex though. Jesus. How am I expected to get a tac-squad off of an objective without Divine Guidance? How am I supposed to hold an objective against a tac squad without the book of St. Lucius? I don't know.

No doubt certain things got better in the WD 'dex. 6++ vehicles and real rending for Retributors are occasionally useful tricks, but that's all they are. The things we actually need to win games got much much worse.

A friend of mine pointed out that I was hamstringing myself by not loading up on confessors and Ecclesiarchal riffraff, and that these units were what's supposed to win me games now. I suspect he's right but that's not a good thing. Particulalry since the codex has the phrase 'Sisters of Battle' built right into the title.

So yeah... Speaking only for myself, the thing that made me mad is not the removal of non-Sisters stuff - it's the requirement that I use non-Sisters stuff.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #2427 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 03:28 PM

Like =I= troops in the GK codex?
I wouldn't be surprised if the full codex does it to Sisters.

At least he didn't beat you with a Beaver. -Azkaellon
post #2428 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 03:43 PM

SilverTabby's Flag is: United Kingdom

The only non-sisters units I used to take were inducted Guard. I can safely say I'm doing better with this list than the old one. My units are better in combat due to having both frags, kraks for tanks and bolt pistols for if I really have to charge. I do miss the book, but crying over spilt milk won't win me games - adapting will.

There is nothing wrong with this dex that creative thinking won't fix. Get over it, it's here to stay until we get a full book.

There are 2 rules to being a success in life:
1) Never give out all the information

A random collection of my stuff
post #2429 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 05:17 PM

One Question I have for other people is what models have you not been able to order from GW?

I was not able to get Uriah Jacobus, this was about a month ago.

I was able to get St. Celestine, and I have Arch Confessor Kyrinov on order, I'll see if I get him.
post #2430 of 2448 (permalink) Old 10-05-11, 05:31 PM

Grogbart's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTabby View Post
The only non-sisters units I used to take were inducted Guard. I can safely say I'm doing better with this list than the old one. My units are better in combat due to having both frags, kraks for tanks and bolt pistols for if I really have to charge. I do miss the book, but crying over spilt milk won't win me games - adapting will.

There is nothing wrong with this dex that creative thinking won't fix. Get over it, it's here to stay until we get a full book.
I'm glad for you, that the new WDex suits your taste. But if you want to start a career as a GW suppository, please do so, without telling us what we should like, what we should discuss about, and certainly not, by telling us to adapt to every piece of dump GW scat before us!

I'll admit this WDex is still quite a bit off of what I'd deem unacceptable and from a strictly competitive view its neither better nor worse to me, some things got better (Rhinos, ...), some got worse (AoF, missing options, ...).

However, there are many little things with this WDex, that make it a huge let down for me. First and foremost the use of Sisters as guinea pigs for something GW had failed before. The apparent lack of care shown by presenting a half painted army, the many incomprehensibilities in the codex and the WH errata still listed on their website.
Add to that my not-so-objective issues with the feel and the style of play of the new WDex, as well as the direction it's leading the Sisters.
Not even mentioning general issues about miniatures.

It seems we will be stuck with this WDex for quite some time and it might as well be true, that neither complaining nor discussing the problems will change that or the upcoming Codex. But not discussing it and pretending to be happy with it, won't change anything for certain!

PS: Guess what SilverTabby, some of us do not just play the game to win, some of us play, to have the kind of fun you can enjoy even if you lose

Light your way in the darkness with the pyres of burning heretics.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode