=][= Rumours Roundup : Sisters of Battle - White Dwarf Released - Page 212 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2111 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-25-11, 10:51 PM

Lordgimpet's Flag is: Australia

Put me down as a Nay, and a long time sister player.
I'm not willing to judge this until I have used it at least 3 times to make sure it does fail or I just fail as a commander, I will even try the list MCC posted a few pages back but add 2 more troops to make its 1750ish, though I will use my repentia as DCA as I'm not going to buy more of those.

The BA dex was fail just like this one appears to be however I'm starting to think the mass disappointment is more as a result of the time it has taken to get even this, as well as how good the last few codes releases have been have set the expectation bar far higher compared to when the BA, WD release came out.

Quote:
This game has always been more about the hobby than the winning for me. Doesn't matter how much the Nid codex apparently sucks, I love gribblies with big teeth and claws. Doesn't matter that this update is widely considered to suck, I love the Sisters models and look/feel of the army. I don't collect armies because their rules are good. I collect because I like the army
I'm in that same boat there

Last edited by Lordgimpet; 08-25-11 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2112 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 07:18 AM

Well more or less your opinions on the ruleset are pretty moot. You'd stomach any and anything just to play your sisters because, as you said, you just like the models. I'd like to say this but I also see 40k as a game (because it is). It is both a hobby and a game. Thus, as a game, I prefer to not gimp myself for the sake of liking something and to this degree I'd like to play my sisters...but I also don't want to play my sisters. Rules-wise there is nothing spectacular about it. I personally feel the new faith, as a mechanic, really strips out the heart of the "feel". Its boring and fairly unoriginal and leaves faith powers in the seat of "oh they felt better so they did it" rather than actual forces of change.
They might stay as an "unserious" army but be shelved at the point when any real competition comes around.

Quote:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies...Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.
post #2113 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 10:51 AM

I hate to add to the already grim atmosphere, but does this mean that the SoB Rumours Roundup is going to be removed? I mean, the codex is out already for some, and soon for the rest.

We could probably move this to General Discussions and change this to "Codex: Sisters of Battle Support Group".

At least he didn't beat you with a Beaver. -Azkaellon

post #2114 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 12:37 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasolyo View Post
I hate to add to the already grim atmosphere, but does this mean that the SoB Rumours Roundup is going to be removed? I mean, the codex is out already for some, and soon for the rest.

We could probably move this to General Discussions and change this to "Codex: Sisters of Battle Support Group".

But what about living in denial about this update and collecting the next codex's rumors? :p
post #2115 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 02:16 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

What update? Any mention of an update will be smacked by my real copy of Codex: Witch Hunters ;)

Phil

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #2116 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 02:35 PM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

Yeah, didn't like this update too much. Gonna use witch hunters codex instead.
post #2117 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 04:47 PM

And I quote from Cruddace's win in the WD matchup against Nids:

"Thanks to their faith in the Emperor, and some very jammy dice rolls, the Sisters of Battle have salvaged a little pride for me after having lost to Jeremy earlier on with my Tomb Kings. However, it was by no means a certain victory."

Wow, so I guess if I want to ensure future wins with the new codex, I'd have to acquire some of the aforementioned jammy rolls.

Christ, I don't think he even knows how to use the army.

At least he didn't beat you with a Beaver. -Azkaellon
post #2118 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 05:13 PM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasolyo View Post
And I quote from Cruddace's win in the WD matchup against Nids:

"Thanks to their faith in the Emperor, and some very jammy dice rolls, the Sisters of Battle have salvaged a little pride for me after having lost to Jeremy earlier on with my Tomb Kings. However, it was by no means a certain victory."

Wow, so I guess if I want to ensure future wins with the new codex, I'd have to acquire some of the aforementioned jammy rolls.

Christ, I don't think he even knows how to use the army.

Wait....you want the codex's author to actually know how to use the army?

I'm just kidding of course. I know that he didn't understand the army well based on how he wrote the codex.
post #2119 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 05:32 PM

Oh whats more hilarious...in the battle report his dominions have 4 flamers (with 5 models)...that later are turned into meltas....then later into heavy flamers. *cough* I sure hope my copy of the WD allows for dominions to do this too.

Quote:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies...Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.
post #2120 of 2448 (permalink) Old 08-26-11, 05:37 PM

Sworn Radical's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallWeasels View Post
Oh whats more hilarious...in the battle report his dominions have 4 flamers (with 5 models)...that later are turned into meltas....then later into heavy flamers. *cough* I sure hope my copy of the WD allows for dominions to do this too.
Oblitosistas ?!?!

40k Armies: Dark Eldar / Adepta Sororitas
WHFB Armies: Vampire Counts / Empire / various Elves
Horus Heresy: Alpha Legion / Warp Cult

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode