=][= Rumours Roundup : Sisters of Battle - White Dwarf Released - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-05-11, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Sisters of Battle
DD/MM/YYYY
15/05/2011
Some more Promethium to throw on the WD dex rumours and some interesting stuff from ghost21
Quote:
well i just got some bad news from my source, take it as you will.

sisters are going to be in a white dwarf spread....so no "real codex" for us.

needless to say i was not happy.....
and faith points got nerfed....still in the development stage though.
(...)
this is not a BOK echo, it is what is going to happen with them as they need a proper book and gw is going to wait to do one, so as of now we are getting a band-aid for the sisters in the form of WD.....i was very upset when i found out

I did hear some interenting stuff about 6ed but thats off topic and i can not elaborate too much about it yet.
(...)
well i did just play sisters yesterday and moped up at a tournment so they are still totally viable. granted it was only a 20 person tourny.

when 6ed comes out sisters will get a boost, but then all shooty armies will with what my source has said so far.

my source has never been wrong before so im going to trust him that the sisters are going to be getting a two part wd release, maybe in november but they are still in the rough stages of development.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost21
theres going to be a nother plastic set for sisters that wil contain lots of bling too, the two sets will have everything
but there will be 1 set for normal sisters n seraphim
How many models on the other set?
Quote:
its about 10
Is that the Repentia or something new?
Quote:
its the repentia
12/05/2011
Some Sister Repentia rumours, does this mean they get covered up in nun clothes revealing none of their flesh? I hope not
Quote:
repentia will get there own kit...

...they look more like penitent nuns and less like mumy strippers
10/05/2011
A "confirmation" rumour has been posted by ghost21, 5 Sister boxes seems to be the way they will do them. Could it be Celestian/Seraphim box or is it really 1 box for all Sister variants? Battle Sisters, Celestians, Dominions, Seraphim and Retributors all in 1 box? I hope not because that would mean a very bland and boring looking army unless there are tons upon tons of bits for variations.
Quote:
yeah sisters will be 5 to a box with options for seraphim though (i wished it wasnt true but unfortunatley ive seen the evedence)
Quote:
actually the plastic penitent engine looks basicaly like the current one
17/04/2011
Some rather curious rumours have popped up, take it for what it is. If Harry is right and it's Sisters next and BT after them then GW must be very desperate for another space marine seller. It would really suck imo if we got 3 power armour dexes after each other.
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Castellan View Post
So what do we think the next codexes are going to be?

Necron of course, then Templar, obviously, but what else is coming down the pipes? 6th edition in a few years? Personally I dont think we need a new rulebook so soon but ive heard the rumor mill.

BT will be sooner. They already have models and artwork for the boxes and so forth. They will be before Sisters I can guarantee it.

Depends on where they get their sources. Seeing the models and artwork at the factory is pretty solid.

Indeed. Its just what I heard from someone, may not be true. We'll see
Harry in response to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Sculpts have been around for at least 18 months. (and well worth a bit of saliva )

I honestly don't know the order they will appear ...

.... but if it helps, the order that I heard about them was: Grey Knights, Sisters, Black Templar.

Whilst I expect them to appear in this order .... This was a couple of years ago so anything could have happened in the development stages before release order was set in stone.

(Lord Castellan is a braver man than I ... I certainly would not be risking my todger on the table with a guarantee of anything!)
05/04/2011
Small compilation of the most recent rumours regarding the Sisters of Battle

These two contradict each other, I'm sure something was said but people heard differently
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodaxegit
I was at warhammer world for the schools league, and Wayde Price was giving us a talk about the new Grey Knights. In this, he mentioned other parts of the inquisition, including the sisters of battle; who he said will be updated later this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Marine
Hi,
I was at the Regional School League Finals yesterday at Warhammer World. I will were given a talk from the Communication Manager (Design Studio) couldn't remember his name.
He was talking about Grey Knights, slightly off topic but he did say their vision of 40K is big armies. That is why they moved away from Inquistors and allies (they said that Inqusitors are to squishy to fight demons!)

He did say at the beginning of the talk that he wouldn't be talking about anything that is out in the future. He then said that Sisters of Battle is the other main ordos and these are out next year.

I hope this is new news!

Thanks,

rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmonkey
I'm posting this in the rumor section on purpose, but it's more of a review.

I got to get a good look at a new protoype basic sister, and I'm hoping one of our other sources can sneak a picture out once they see it. The reason is, this sister has a "veil". Words cannot describe...the detailing is phenomenal. The veil is a separate piece, but it looks gorgeous. If they can get this right in molding the sisters wave will be beautiful models. If you've seen this one, you know what I mean... I begged to take a photo for here, but no luck.

The model maintains the existing armor styling, but with more filigree. Little details like lace boot tops, small details in the armor. Look at the evolution of daemonettes to wyches, and think what the next step would be.

The bolters however are now streamlined, they are not the marine bolter we've known and loved, but still recognizable. Feminine.
I know I'm getting folks worked up, but sisters are still a long way off, it will be a long wait. So temper any enthusiasm.

EDITED:
I've had a chance to gather notes and thoughts a bit more now that I've completed my work today and had time to get a pint and a bite...
So to clarify a few bits.
The lace, is not laces, its lace around the top of the boot. at the knee. the model has like a pirate style boot and the lace is around the top edge..or thats my take away of what it was.
The bolter is still most certainly a bolter, but look at the existing line, the bolters are disproportioned...especially the bolt pistols...to the models. the new ones are much more like the AoBR SM bolters. With straps, etc. and are separate pieces from arms. they "look" slighty thinner than a SM bolter and have a different shape to the over all gun, but they are not "Girly" i did not have a SM handy to compare directly, so it could just be impression. Also, they have abandoned the banana clip completely it seems.
the veil covered the whole head, its an alternate to the helmet, the face piece is just separate. think cobra commander vs vera wang wedding.
the torso has small details in the corset, i think skulls.
the tabard between the legs had flur de lis details.
there are "sleeves" similar to the image on 19 of the current WH book. similar, but not identical.
I'll reiterate this is a prototype though, not what has necessarily been approved. But as a beta stage model, i really like it, and I think a teaser of it would really build up excitement...hint hint GW overlords... Maybe wait til closer to release...

Overall when i see the current sisters their are very "bulky" these new ones are very graceful, but in a brutal way. the poses are much more dynamic and agressive. not everyone has their feet planted shoulder width apart torso straight on to their opponents....
I was told there will be numerous head options for the sisters, in the way theyve been doing all releases, but the "bob cut" is the preferred hairstyle.
I'm also told sisters repentia, priests, celestians, and seraphim will get new models with seraphim likely to adopt jump packs similar to the sanguinary guard...though I saw no evidence of this. No word on arco flaggelants.
Penitent engine is getting reworked as well.
And of course you saw my Jan rumor post. To provide a clue, Dominion squads.
Inq forces should all be updated by the GK release, so no news there for SoB, but they are expected to be present in the codex.
I also know of a few more "new" units that are being developed.
Cheers.
Instinct tells me that what Stickmonkey is describing is a concept-sculpt, not a master model, but it sounds pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSilver

((StraighSilver is reporting on a conversation he had with Jes Goodwin at the Dark Eldar Launch Party - Azezel))
Yes the problem with the Sisters of Battle has been the cloth robe sleeves on the under side of their arms, their hair and also the script work on their shoulders.

The problem with the robes on their arms is that it can only be sculpted flowing in one direction, which means posing can be a problem.

This isn't such an issue with Sisters armed with Bolt Guns as the pose will be pretty much set, but when you get things like Seraphim or models armed with close combat weapons you would get a very limited number of poses. This is because if you had the arm held up high the robes may stick out in a gravity defying way, which would look very unnatural.

The hair is essentially the same thing. They want the new models to be much more dynamic, which would mean their hair would not be as static as the previous Sisters of Battle miniatures. This poses problems with posing as the hair and robes need to flow in the same direction, which again limits the amount of poses possible (sorry for the over use of the word pose there - couldn't think of another on! ).

The bit I didn't quite get the gist of was the shoulder plates. He said they wanted embossed and rolling scriptwork on the shoulder plates, and the way it was curving around the plates was presenting problems. I'm not sure in all honesty what that meant but it may be similar to the problems mentioned above or it might be the way the model is cast. It might be the fact that you are very limited in undercuts on a tool when producing plastic miniatures ( by tool I mean mold, but plastic molds are known as tools).

He did stress that they really wanted to crack on with Sisters, but that they had been causing them technical difficulties for quite some time.

However he said that the process of creating the Dark Eldar has really pushed the limits of what they can do in plastic, and has taught them a huge amount.

Many of the problems mentioned above (hair, robes etc) were the same for the Dark Eldar, but they learnt how to manage it and would now like to take those lessons back to the Sisters.

Something else that was interesting was that he said the way he has always worked up until now was to alternate between Space Marines and something else.

For example Space Marines, Tyranids, Space Marines, Eldar, Space Marines, Dark Eldar etc.

However he said quite explicitly that he wouldn't be working on Space Marines after Dark Eldar. This was because he feels he has handed them on to other sculptors now and wanted to do something else, but of course it depended on what GW wanted him to do next.

He also categorically stated that he wouldn't be working on any Warhammer models from now on, although admittedly he hasn't done so for a long time.

So this is pure speculation on my part (so please don't take it as read as I am just thinking aloud - nothing was confirmed), but if he isn't working on Fantasy next then he will be working on something 40K.

It won't be Marines and Tyranids have been updated recently.

Speculatively that only really leaves CraftWorld Eldar or Sisters next.

He did say that working on Dark Eldar had reignited his enthusiasm for Craft World Eldar, and that he wanted to revisit the range so he could implement a lot of the lessons they learned with Dark Eldar and we know that he sculpted the Craft World Eldar Jetbikes and the Dark Eldar Reaver Jetbikes simultaneously so Eldar is a possibility.

But if his normal working process is Power Armour, Xenos, Power Armour, something else etc and he has just released Dark Eldar then it follows that Sisters ought to be next.

Now for the bad news. He told me that after working on Dark Eldar solidly for more than 4 years (as well as other projects) he was already exhausted. However there was still more work to do on the Dark Eldar Range and he would be working on them until June 2011 so that 90% of the range could be released by then.

He then said that he would be taking a long rest before starting any other projects. I am not sure how long a rest that would be but I would suspect at least a couple of months.

Jes isn't just a sculptor, he is also the head of the GW plastics department, and is involved in the training of staff and development of new tecnology.

It may be that when he takes a break from sculpting he concentrates on this area of his job.

Either way this means that he wouldn't be starting a new project until at the earliest July/August 2011.

It sounds like R and D has already begun on the Sisters, and if they have learnt a great deal during the Dark Eldar development and can put this into practice then they shouldn't take too long, but I would guess that we wouldn't see them at the very earliest until Quarter 1 2012, but more realistically later that year.

Again this is just my speculation based on the conversation I had with Jes.

They are most definitely working on Sisters, but it may be a while before we see them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straightsilver
Well he told me that he would be working solidly on Dark Eldar until June 2011.

They have 4 plastic kits to release for Dark Eldar next year, as well as metal figures and then possibly some of the character models.

Obviously he won't be doing all the work on his own as Juan Diaz is also doing some of the models.

He did say that they are on the final push but still have a lot of things to do.

One of which was the Haemonculi passengers for the raider. The Wyches will be included with the Venom and can be used on the raider, but they didn't know yet how to do the Haemonculi. It wasn't so much a problem of creating them, just what to release them with. My guess would be with the Talos.

However he was confident he could take a break from June 2011 onwards as this is when they plan to stop work on the Dark Eldar.

The Sisters of battle have been in "design hell" since before the dark Eldar, so at least 4-5 years.

They have started the initial planning but it was the aspects mentioned earlier that had caused them to be put on hold.

The implication was that these problems may have now been resolved with the dark Eldar Wyches, as a lot of these problems were exactly the same for them.

However with next year's 40K schedule already full up and with Jes wanting a break from a new range I would say thay are at least a year off.

If rumours are correct we have Grey Knights Quarter 1, Flyers expansion Quarter 2 and Tau/Necrons (my money is on Tau as I know they have already completed many of the new plastics and that Necrons are getting the Dark Eldar treatment. In other words a rewrite which will take a while) in Quarter 4.

This doesn't rule out another 40K release next year, I just got the impression that it wouldn't be Sisters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmouredWing
Because the weekend was the grand release of the DE they'd got a bit of an event on at Warhammer World store both Sat & Sun. Saturday saw a meet and greet appearance from Jes Goodwin himself and Phoenix Knight and myself had a wander down to the store to get PK's new C:DE signed as well as me getting my C:WH signed as well.

It was a good chat, mainly focussed on the DE stuff but I thought I'd take the opportunity to do some digging on if there was any sisters stuff in the pipeline and perhaps some plastic sisters. Jes' response that the biggest problem that they faced with transfering sisters to plastic was maintaining the level of detail that the metals currently have (something we knew generally to be the case) but with the new technology it may finally be possible. That said there's 12-18 months work that needs to be done to make this happen and currently they aren't even in the process of this happening. So the long and short there? at least 2012 by the looks of things.

He also made a comment in relation to the amount of DE stuff being released over the next 6 months. the plan is that by halfway through next year 90% of the DE codex will be available to buy. With that in mind I'm more convinced now that if GK are next (which I'll come onto in a moment) then it's going to be late spring at the earliest.

So, that was the Saturday. Sunday also saw a special guest in WW. Mr Phil 'the Power' Kelly was present in store to do a bit less of a formal meet and greet and so in PK's absence I went in to get our codecies signed and also take advantage of having a bit of a chat (he was sat painting in store and I don't think many people picked up on who he was). So, having chatted a bit about DE I passed him my C:WH to sign and we had a brief chat again about sisters and his comments pretty much matched what Jes had said the day before although he was a lot more ceratin that we would eventually see plastic sisters...just not yet. He did say though that some work had started on sisters and there is something in the pipeline but it's going to be a while before we see anything come to the surface.

I then asked him how the GK was going. Again he said that there was some work underway but that's about as much as he could say (although this was also accompanied by a crafty grin which indicated that there was more he'd like to say but couldn't).

So there you go, not much to go on but at least it appears that we haven't been forsaken altogether.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 05-25-11 at 03:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-05-11, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Sisters of Battle
DD/MM/YYYY
15/05/2011
Some more Promethium to throw on the WD dex rumours and some interesting stuff from ghost21
Quote:
well i just got some bad news from my source, take it as you will.

sisters are going to be in a white dwarf spread....so no "real codex" for us.

needless to say i was not happy.....
and faith points got nerfed....still in the development stage though.
(...)
this is not a BOK echo, it is what is going to happen with them as they need a proper book and gw is going to wait to do one, so as of now we are getting a band-aid for the sisters in the form of WD.....i was very upset when i found out

I did hear some interenting stuff about 6ed but thats off topic and i can not elaborate too much about it yet.
(...)
well i did just play sisters yesterday and moped up at a tournment so they are still totally viable. granted it was only a 20 person tourny.

when 6ed comes out sisters will get a boost, but then all shooty armies will with what my source has said so far.

my source has never been wrong before so im going to trust him that the sisters are going to be getting a two part wd release, maybe in november but they are still in the rough stages of development.
Quote:
theres going to be a nother plastic set for sisters that wil contain lots of bling too, the two sets will have everything
but there will be 1 set for normal sisters n seraphim
How many models on the other set?
Quote:
its about 10
Is that the Repentia or something new?
Quote:
its the repentia
12/05/2011
Some Sister Repentia rumours, does this mean they get covered up in nun clothes revealing none of their flesh? I hope not
Quote:
repentia will get there own kit...

...they look more like penitent nuns and less like mumy strippers
10/05/2011
A "confirmation" rumour has been posted by ghost21, 5 Sister boxes seems to be the way they will do them. Could it be Celestian/Seraphim box or is it really 1 box for all Sister variants? Battle Sisters, Celestians, Dominions, Seraphim and Retributors all in 1 box? I hope not because that would mean a very bland and boring looking army unless there are tons upon tons of bits for variations.
Quote:
yeah sisters will be 5 to a box with options for seraphim though (i wished it wasnt true but unfortunatley ive seen the evedence)
Quote:
actually the plastic penitent engine looks basicaly like the current one
17/04/2011
Some rather curious rumours have popped up, take it for what it is. If Harry is right and it's Sisters next and BT after them then GW must be very desperate for another space marine seller. It would really suck imo if we got 3 power armour dexes after each other.
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Castellan View Post
So what do we think the next codexes are going to be?

Necron of course, then Templar, obviously, but what else is coming down the pipes? 6th edition in a few years? Personally I dont think we need a new rulebook so soon but ive heard the rumor mill.

BT will be sooner. They already have models and artwork for the boxes and so forth. They will be before Sisters I can guarantee it.

Depends on where they get their sources. Seeing the models and artwork at the factory is pretty solid.

Indeed. Its just what I heard from someone, may not be true. We'll see
Harry in response to this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry
Sculpts have been around for at least 18 months. (and well worth a bit of saliva )

I honestly don't know the order they will appear ...

.... but if it helps, the order that I heard about them was: Grey Knights, Sisters, Black Templar.

Whilst I expect them to appear in this order .... This was a couple of years ago so anything could have happened in the development stages before release order was set in stone.

(Lord Castellan is a braver man than I ... I certainly would not be risking my todger on the table with a guarantee of anything!)
05/04/2011
Small compilation of the most recent rumours regarding the Sisters of Battle

These two contradict each other, I'm sure something was said but people heard differently
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodaxegit
I was at warhammer world for the schools league, and Wayde Price was giving us a talk about the new Grey Knights. In this, he mentioned other parts of the inquisition, including the sisters of battle; who he said will be updated later this year!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Marine
Hi,
I was at the Regional School League Finals yesterday at Warhammer World. I will were given a talk from the Communication Manager (Design Studio) couldn't remember his name.
He was talking about Grey Knights, slightly off topic but he did say their vision of 40K is big armies. That is why they moved away from Inquistors and allies (they said that Inqusitors are to squishy to fight demons!)

He did say at the beginning of the talk that he wouldn't be talking about anything that is out in the future. He then said that Sisters of Battle is the other main ordos and these are out next year.

I hope this is new news!

Thanks,

rob
Quote:

I got to get a good look at a new protoype basic sister, and I'm hoping one of our other sources can sneak a picture out once they see it. The reason is, this sister has a "veil". Words cannot describe...the detailing is phenomenal. The veil is a separate piece, but it looks gorgeous. If they can get this right in molding the sisters wave will be beautiful models. If you've seen this one, you know what I mean... I begged to take a photo for here, but no luck.

The model maintains the existing armor styling, but with more filigree. Little details like lace boot tops, small details in the armor. Look at the evolution of daemonettes to wyches, and think what the next step would be.

The bolters however are now streamlined, they are not the marine bolter we've known and loved, but still recognizable. Feminine.
I know I'm getting folks worked up, but sisters are still a long way off, it will be a long wait. So temper any enthusiasm.

EDITED:
I've had a chance to gather notes and thoughts a bit more now that I've completed my work today and had time to get a pint and a bite...
The lace, is not laces, its lace around the top of the boot. at the knee. the model has like a pirate style boot and the lace is around the top edge..or thats my take away of what it was.
The bolter is still most certainly a bolter, but look at the existing line, the bolters are disproportioned...especially the bolt pistols...to the models. the new ones are much more like the AoBR SM bolters. With straps, etc. and are separate pieces from arms. they "look" slighty thinner than a SM bolter and have a different shape to the over all gun, but they are not "Girly" i did not have a SM handy to compare directly, so it could just be impression. Also, they have abandoned the banana clip completely it seems.
the veil covered the whole head, its an alternate to the helmet, the face piece is just separate. think cobra commander vs vera wang wedding.
there are "sleeves" similar to the image on 19 of the current WH book. similar, but not identical.
I'll reiterate this is a prototype though, not what has necessarily been approved. But as a beta stage model, i really like it, and I think a teaser of it would really build up excitement...hint hint GW overlords... Maybe wait til closer to release...

Overall when i see the current sisters their are very "bulky" these new ones are very graceful, but in a brutal way. the poses are much more dynamic and agressive. not everyone has their feet planted shoulder width apart torso straight on to their opponents....
I was told there will be numerous head options for the sisters, in the way theyve been doing all releases, but the "bob cut" is the preferred hairstyle.
I'm also told sisters repentia, priests, celestians, and seraphim will get new models with seraphim likely to adopt jump packs similar to the sanguinary guard...though I saw no evidence of this. No word on arco flaggelants.
Inq forces should all be updated by the GK release, so no news there for SoB, but they are expected to be present in the codex.
Cheers.
Instinct tells me that what Stickmonkey is describing is a concept-sculpt, not a master model, but it sounds pretty cool.

Quote:

((StraighSilver is reporting on a conversation he had with Jes Goodwin at the Dark Eldar Launch Party - Azezel))
Yes the problem with the Sisters of Battle has been the cloth robe sleeves on the under side of their arms, their hair and also the script work on their shoulders.

The problem with the robes on their arms is that it can only be sculpted flowing in one direction, which means posing can be a problem.

This isn't such an issue with Sisters armed with Bolt Guns as the pose will be pretty much set, but when you get things like Seraphim or models armed with close combat weapons you would get a very limited number of poses. This is because if you had the arm held up high the robes may stick out in a gravity defying way, which would look very unnatural.

The hair is essentially the same thing. They want the new models to be much more dynamic, which would mean their hair would not be as static as the previous Sisters of Battle miniatures. This poses problems with posing as the hair and robes need to flow in the same direction, which again limits the amount of poses possible (sorry for the over use of the word pose there - couldn't think of another on! ).

The bit I didn't quite get the gist of was the shoulder plates. He said they wanted embossed and rolling scriptwork on the shoulder plates, and the way it was curving around the plates was presenting problems. I'm not sure in all honesty what that meant but it may be similar to the problems mentioned above or it might be the way the model is cast. It might be the fact that you are very limited in undercuts on a tool when producing plastic miniatures ( by tool I mean mold, but plastic molds are known as tools).

He did stress that they really wanted to crack on with Sisters, but that they had been causing them technical difficulties for quite some time.

However he said that the process of creating the Dark Eldar has really pushed the limits of what they can do in plastic, and has taught them a huge amount.

Many of the problems mentioned above (hair, robes etc) were the same for the Dark Eldar, but they learnt how to manage it and would now like to take those lessons back to the Sisters.

Something else that was interesting was that he said the way he has always worked up until now was to alternate between Space Marines and something else.

For example Space Marines, Tyranids, Space Marines, Eldar, Space Marines, Dark Eldar etc.

However he said quite explicitly that he wouldn't be working on Space Marines after Dark Eldar. This was because he feels he has handed them on to other sculptors now and wanted to do something else, but of course it depended on what GW wanted him to do next.

He also categorically stated that he wouldn't be working on any Warhammer models from now on, although admittedly he hasn't done so for a long time.

So this is pure speculation on my part (so please don't take it as read as I am just thinking aloud - nothing was confirmed), but if he isn't working on Fantasy next then he will be working on something 40K.

He did say that working on Dark Eldar had reignited his enthusiasm for Craft World Eldar, and that he wanted to revisit the range so he could implement a lot of the lessons they learned with Dark Eldar and we know that he sculpted the Craft World Eldar Jetbikes and the Dark Eldar Reaver Jetbikes simultaneously so Eldar is a possibility.

But if his normal working process is Power Armour, Xenos, Power Armour, something else etc and he has just released Dark Eldar then it follows that Sisters ought to be next.

Now for the bad news. He told me that after working on Dark Eldar solidly for more than 4 years (as well as other projects) he was already exhausted. However there was still more work to do on the Dark Eldar Range and he would be working on them until June 2011 so that 90% of the range could be released by then.

He then said that he would be taking a long rest before starting any other projects. I am not sure how long a rest that would be but I would suspect at least a couple of months.

Jes isn't just a sculptor, he is also the head of the GW plastics department, and is involved in the training of staff and development of new tecnology.

It may be that when he takes a break from sculpting he concentrates on this area of his job.

Either way this means that he wouldn't be starting a new project until at the earliest July/August 2011.

It sounds like R and D has already begun on the Sisters, and if they have learnt a great deal during the Dark Eldar development and can put this into practice then they shouldn't take too long, but I would guess that we wouldn't see them at the very earliest until Quarter 1 2012, but more realistically later that year.

They are most definitely working on Sisters, but it may be a while before we see them.
Quote:

They have 4 plastic kits to release for Dark Eldar next year, as well as metal figures and then possibly some of the character models.

Obviously he won't be doing all the work on his own as Juan Diaz is also doing some of the models.

He did say that they are on the final push but still have a lot of things to do.

One of which was the Haemonculi passengers for the raider. The Wyches will be included with the Venom and can be used on the raider, but they didn't know yet how to do the Haemonculi. It wasn't so much a problem of creating them, just what to release them with. My guess would be with the Talos.

However he was confident he could take a break from June 2011 onwards as this is when they plan to stop work on the Dark Eldar.

The Sisters of battle have been in "design hell" since before the dark Eldar, so at least 4-5 years.

They have started the initial planning but it was the aspects mentioned earlier that had caused them to be put on hold.

The implication was that these problems may have now been resolved with the dark Eldar Wyches, as a lot of these problems were exactly the same for them.

However with next year's 40K schedule already full up and with Jes wanting a break from a new range I would say thay are at least a year off.

If rumours are correct we have Grey Knights Quarter 1, Flyers expansion Quarter 2 and Tau/Necrons (my money is on Tau as I know they have already completed many of the new plastics and that Necrons are getting the Dark Eldar treatment. In other words a rewrite which will take a while) in Quarter 4.

This doesn't rule out another 40K release next year, I just got the impression that it wouldn't be Sisters.
Quote:
Because the weekend was the grand release of the DE they'd got a bit of an event on at Warhammer World store both Sat & Sun. Saturday saw a meet and greet appearance from Jes Goodwin himself and Phoenix Knight and myself had a wander down to the store to get PK's new C:DE signed as well as me getting my C:WH signed as well.

It was a good chat, mainly focussed on the DE stuff but I thought I'd take the opportunity to do some digging on if there was any sisters stuff in the pipeline and perhaps some plastic sisters. Jes' response that the biggest problem that they faced with transfering sisters to plastic was maintaining the level of detail that the metals currently have (something we knew generally to be the case) but with the new technology it may finally be possible. That said there's 12-18 months work that needs to be done to make this happen and currently they aren't even in the process of this happening. So the long and short there? at least 2012 by the looks of things.

He also made a comment in relation to the amount of DE stuff being released over the next 6 months. the plan is that by halfway through next year 90% of the DE codex will be available to buy. With that in mind I'm more convinced now that if GK are next (which I'll come onto in a moment) then it's going to be late spring at the earliest.

So, that was the Saturday. Sunday also saw a special guest in WW. Mr Phil 'the Power' Kelly was present in store to do a bit less of a formal meet and greet and so in PK's absence I went in to get our codecies signed and also take advantage of having a bit of a chat (he was sat painting in store and I don't think many people picked up on who he was). So, having chatted a bit about DE I passed him my C:WH to sign and we had a brief chat again about sisters and his comments pretty much matched what Jes had said the day before although he was a lot more ceratin that we would eventually see plastic sisters...just not yet. He did say though that some work had started on sisters and there is something in the pipeline but it's going to be a while before we see anything come to the surface.

I then asked him how the GK was going. Again he said that there was some work underway but that's about as much as he could say (although this was also accompanied by a crafty grin which indicated that there was more he'd like to say but couldn't).

So there you go, not much to go on but at least it appears that we haven't been forsaken altogether.
post #13 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-05-11, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Disclaimer Section
Everything in this thread should be considered rumours and not hard facts. I'm a rumours compiler and will post everything of interest I find, if things does not turn out to be accurate dont bitch and whine about it. Enjoy your stay and try to stay on topic as much as possible.

Sections Explanations
Predictions section will be just that, my own personal predictions based on the rumours I have gathered.
The predictions calender should not be considered 100% accurate, it's based on conclusions I have drawn up from the rumours I have gathered.

None of the predicted army units should be take as 100% accurate, it's based on rumours posted by others.

I will also add names to the end of rumours so you know who they came from, once a new codex is released I will go through it and check of what was accurate and what was not. This way you will be able to see how reliable the different sources are. Please take into consideration that people like Stickmonkey see things VERY EARLY in development so some things are bound to change.

post #14 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-10-11, 12:18 AM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think multiple threads are the way to go, Old Man. Near the end there I did feel almost off-topic mentioning Sisters in the old thread.

Now - back on task. I think the following is well-worth reposting since it froms the most up-to-date information we have from actual GW folks.

Quote:

EDITED:

Cheers.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hope you don't mind, MCC. Sexxy Camera is firmly filed under 'liar until proven otherwise'* so for me, these pieces are the main rumours we have to go on.

*If Sexxy Camera's current crop of rumours are proven true, I will hang on his or her every word from there on.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #15 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-10-11, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel View Post
*If Sexxy Camera's current crop of rumours are proven true, I will hang on his or her every word from there on.
This is how they all start :D
Stickmonkey has received allot of flak for often being cryptic in his rumours but I enjoy all the rumours he brings us. Some might be wrong or inaccurate but he is right more often than not.
post #16 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-10-11, 12:37 AM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel View Post
Hope you don't mind, MCC. Sexxy Camera is firmly filed under 'liar until proven otherwise'* so for me, these pieces are the main rumours we have to go on.
That sounds a bit strong azezal,
how can someone be filed under 'liar until proven otherwise' until they have actually been proven one way or another?

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
post #17 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-10-11, 01:28 AM

Says the unreliable banana...
post #18 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-10-11, 01:31 AM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

I'm well aware that all rumourmongers start out as unknown sources. Sexxy Camera's stuff looks unbelievable, so I don't believe it. If it is proven acurate (or mostly acurate) I will believe what he/she posts in the future.

If what Jes Goodwin said was accurate, it's very unlikely that there would finished kits around now. Just about possible, but not bloody likely. If there are finished kits around now, what're the odds that someone (in the US, even) has seen them and is posting detailed descriptions online? For someone to have seen the sprues (or CADs, or photoes etc) they'd have to work for GW, and it'd be fairly easy for GW to track a leak like that, so it's unlikely that anyone would leak on a whim.

Also, given that Sexxy Camera first appeared on the 'net posting these rumours on april first, that alone should set alarm bells rigning.

So yeah... I don't think Sexxy Camera is telling the truth. It simply seems much more likely that he or she is lying.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #19 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-10-11, 01:46 AM
mahavira's Flag is: Canada

A plastic priest kit similar to the Empire Wizards kit seems like a lot of work for, well, priests. Could the kits actually be inquisitor kits? A good chunk of the gear in the GK codex for inquisitors simply doesn't exist, and if the Inquisitorial content is about the same as in GK, such a kit for an HQ present in two armies is a lot more worthwhile than a kit for priests: sure the IG book has priests, the GK henchmen include vaguely priest-like models, but unless there is a huge rework of their role in SoB I just can't see selling enough priests to make a complicated kit like that worth the effort.
post #20 of 2448 (permalink) Old 04-10-11, 05:16 AM

Tahiri's Flag is: USA

I certainly hope that we do not get anything in the way of priests or inquisitors as it is much more flavor full to play a full Sisters army and not be forced to include a random priest or inquisitor in order to take units

Hopefully with the inclusion of all the inquisitor units in the new GK codex, those well not be reprinted/repeated in the new Sisters codex.

Not sure if want to even bother putting up those "leaked" pages of the codex from a week or so ago, as our general consensus was that they are fake, but here is a link to a site with the summary.

Last edited by Tahiri; 04-10-11 at 06:38 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode