=][= Rumours Roundup : Sisters of Battle - White Dwarf Released - Page 131 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1301 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 02:22 PM

Cowlicker16's Flag is: USA

Wanna feel old? I wasn't born till 90, I have never seen any of these things

I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.-Albert Einstein
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1302 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 03:29 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowlicker16 View Post
Wanna feel old? I wasn't born till 90, I have never seen any of these things
ooooooo now that one hurts well I guess its to shady oaks I go.

post #1303 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 03:30 PM
Synack's Flag is: South Africa

I have all the robotech on DVD. 80's children are the best!

post #1304 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 03:34 PM

god sometimes I miss the 80s

post #1305 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 04:28 PM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

zomg dino riders!!!!! i had completely forgotten about that one. I wanted those toys so bad when I was a kid.
post #1306 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
zomg dino riders!!!!! i had completely forgotten about that one. I wanted those toys so bad when I was a kid.
Me too my parents would never get them for me.

post #1307 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I remember seeing the dino rider toys at a toystore here and I remember some of my friends having a few kits but I was never given any myself.

On the other hand I got one of those large space ship toys, it had small switches on it, one to open to cockpit, one to open the second cockpit, one that opened the back slowly where you could store one of the smaller ships but it came with this orange carge thing you could have 6 dudes sitting on. There was this thing you could rotate to lower or raise the landing gear. There were also magnets on the wings and on top of it where you could place guys. On the top you could also place the same small ship you could keep in the back.
The guys were also fully articulated so you could rotate their arms and legs. I just can't remember what these were called, not sure if they had their own cartoon but there was a comic series about them you got with each kit, the comics were in "3D" with those blue and red line art. As I dont have stereoscopic vision I could never enjoy it nor can I enjoy todays 3D

Lol at She-Ra, a Heman clone if I ever saw one. Was it by the same company?

Now that I think about it there was another toy collection I wanted but never got, I did get one kit but it was too complicated for me so we returned it to the store and I got the above space ship I mentioned.

These toys had a cartoon and they were all driving cars that you could open up and stuff. The one I got had a trailer of some sort and when you pushed a button a boat launched out of it. I could never put the toy back together. I think I was around 5 or 6 at the time so back in 1985ish.

If I remember correctly there was a black van similar to the one from A-Team in the cartoon. I might be mixing up the series but I believe some of them were monster trucks.
post #1308 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 09:12 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Lol at She-Ra, a Heman clone if I ever saw one. Was it by the same company?
She-Ra was a spin-off. She was his long-lost sister.

I know little about most 80s cartoons, even though I was a child at the right time.

When I was a boy the only English-Language cartoons broadcast were He-Man and My Little Pony. So obviously, I watched both religiously. Everyone did, regardless of gender.

The current 'Brony' thing was interesting to me simply because, without realising it, I was an old school brony back in the day...

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #1309 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 09:33 PM

VaUgHaNy86's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Now that I think about it there was another toy collection I wanted but never got, I did get one kit but it was too complicated for me so we returned it to the store and I got the above space ship I mentioned.

These toys had a cartoon and they were all driving cars that you could open up and stuff. The one I got had a trailer of some sort and when you pushed a button a boat launched out of it. I could never put the toy back together. I think I was around 5 or 6 at the time so back in 1985ish.

If I remember correctly there was a black van similar to the one from A-Team in the cartoon. I might be mixing up the series but I believe some of them were monster trucks.
I believe you may be talking about M.A.S.K here, i had some of these also when i was younger, i believe the space ship thing you are referring to may be kenners mega force series?
Chris
post #1310 of 2448 (permalink) Old 07-15-11, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Yes, this is the toy series I was thinking of, M.A.S.K
Lol, when looking at this picture I just realised I had that bike in the top left corner, you could pull a switch and the tires became like engines or something so it could fly. It also had this rope thing that came out the back with a hook you could lift things with.

Here is a picture of the ship I had, strange how I remember it looking allot cooler than this when I was a kid...
The red things are bombs, you put them in the revolver like thing at the back, when you twisted it they fell down

When I was a kid there was a TV channel called Sky, not sure if it's still around. It had the coolest cartoons but they were all in english, I learnt allot of english watching this channel. I remember there were 2 kids shows, one was called DJ Kat and the other one GOON or something, I know it had 2 big OO in it and in the intro they were painted as eyes.
I liked the show because he had the same initials as me, DJK

Now that I think about it there was this live action kids show about lazer tag or something, some guy got sucked into another dimension or something where his lazer tag gun actually shot real laser shots kinda like star wars and they fought these weird monsters or something...
Found it :D I remember this shit used to give me nightmares together with Dr Who

Speaking of Dr Who, there were 2 episodes that gave me horrible nightmares. One was about some sort of slim slug, of what I can remember the thing hit a guy on his hand and he slowly turned into a slime monster.
The other one that really scared the shits out of me was about some sort of really fast moving monster, if it was a car or something I dont know. It basically looked like a load of cloth was slapped onto it and it went around. I think I remember ppl trying to run away from the thing but I'm not sure.

Yes, I know this is all off topic put I need something to occupy the voices in my head while we wait for the information to come...

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 07-15-11 at 11:12 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode