6th Ed rumors from BOK's rideroftheerk (SALT!!!) - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 12:53 AM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Details, details...

That was my second time ever visiting BoK, you'll have to forgive me.
But that's more than enough to make blanket statements, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 12:54 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

This better be bullshit. Assaults before shooting and harder to hit with shooting and more preferrable to assault? Checkbox: "Tau are fucked" - Check.

Downgrade to 5+ FNP? Checkbox: "Dark Eldar are fucked" - Check.

Without those two armies to play competitively there is nothing in 40K left to interest me past the point of yawn, so I guess this game is finally going to be completely unplayable for me.

I take that really well though, since I felt nauseous whenever I gave money to that greedy mismanaged company anyway.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #43 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 01:04 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhalyar View Post
But that's more than enough to make blanket statements, right?
More than enough, yes.

Are you a little mad or something?

Last edited by Katie Drake; 06-20-11 at 01:09 AM.

post #44 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 01:15 AM
Bleh

Marneus Calgar's Flag is: England

The first part of that are pretty much pre existing rumours that have been floating for a while now.

GW aren't about making things complicated, they are all about the young kids and getting them to stay, making it overly complicated and difficult to learn for a child then it's not worthy, simply because GW won't be making so much of the "summer" holiday hobby money.

BS and WS tables are fine as they are, I can't see why they would make them complicated, it makes it easier to understand in terms of real world sense. But, in gameplay it just adds more rules to learn and makes it too difficult.

Stealth units being able to "disappear"?! Are they playing DOW too much or something? That doesn't make sense, some models who have the stealth rule wouldn't have the ability to become completely invisible...

Quote:
two starter sets, each with rules, dices, movement markers, mission booklet, one with Dark Angels and fitting scenery, the other with Black Legion and Chaos scenery. You can combine both to play the campaign or use one set alone to play a selection of dumbed down scenarios against every other force, first starter set that comes with a model for a well established special character
This also makes no sense, why would replace a system that has been in use since well, forever? 2 armies makes sense, because you can effectively play against yourself. Having one single army doesn't really give the beginner a lot of scope to play if I'm honest, because they'd be relying on getting to their local store/gw and playing. Meaning it would take longer to learn rules (better to learn with someone with you ie. Beginner days), meaning people get bored easier. I don't think this is really that valid...

Quote:
strong narrative focus on Chaos, perspective shifting from the Empire to the struggle between free races and the Warp
Makes sense, these are "the end times" after all...

Yeah, I would like to see the game become more competitive and more tactics based (my podcast could do with that...). But, some of this stuff is complete bs.

Also, 3 years between editions? Really? That makes it the fastest edition change? Really?

Last edited by Marneus Calgar; 06-20-11 at 01:21 AM.
post #45 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 02:02 AM
Vhalyar's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
More than enough, yes.

Are you a little mad or something?
Just thinking that it's a bit sad from you
Are YOU mad that he called out the whole Sister/WD deal?
post #46 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 02:18 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vhalyar View Post
Just thinking that it's a bit sad from you
If I'm wrong, I'll feel bad.

Quote:
Are YOU mad that he called out the whole Sister/WD deal?
No, not at all. I'm very excited for the Sisters and I believe that he's right. I just... think that this 6th edition thing is crap. If it didn't come from BoK's mouth, then fine. That doesn't change that it's bullshit.
post #47 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 02:28 AM

Crimson Shadow's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeValantine View Post
AH naked gun reference.
I think you mean Airplane!, still Leslie Neilsen though.

As far as the "leaks", I'm curious about the no roll for first turn. I wonder what mechanism they've devised to determine who goes first, who sets up first, etc.
post #48 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 02:29 AM

Akhara'Keth's Flag is: Germany

Quote:
I just... think that this 6th edition thing is crap. If it didn't come from BoK's mouth, then fine. That doesn't change that it's bullshit.
I totally agree. It just sounds so....unreal. More like the notes from an "idea for the 6th edition" meeting. Assault phase before shooting? Sounds like complete BS for me. I mean, the thing with the bidding for first turn. Why should I take first turn when I could have like 20 Re-Rolls in a game? I can see this things coming with the next 2 or 3 editions, but not everything in 1. From what I read here, I'd prefer to stay with the 5th edition.

Check out my German 40k Blog!!

http://tausend-tore.blogspot.de/
post #49 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 03:11 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Well I'm suddenly interesting in seeing how 6th Edition changes the game.

A lot of this stuff looks like it could be really interesting. And it's a lot of specifics there, so either someone is being fed a line, is good at feeding the rest of us a line or knows what they're talking about.

I gotta say I like the idea of the starter kits being smaller and only containing one army instead of two. That means they can be cheaper, and you don't have to try to pawn off half a box you don't want on a friend. And I could see GW actually doing it since it means that we can't make money on the halves we don't use on the internet.

Last edited by Zion; 06-20-11 at 03:28 AM.
post #50 of 230 (permalink) Old 06-20-11, 03:13 AM

jfvz's Flag is: Australia

If even a few of these things are true then it looks like they are trying to make it even more into a mech game (my poor nids). But the changes to the BS making it easier to hit and destroy vehicles doesnt flow with this trend.

Chaos legions? is this meant to be the thrid set of the chaos sms, chaos daemons and what i basically think as traitor guard that i heard was the orignal plan?

Taking ++ and armour saves at the same time will make th/ss termies extreamly overpowered. And if they put in a Tzeench version of these would just be insanely oped.

I like the more realistic approach suggested here, but i agree it doesnt realy sound like gw whjo are simplifying the **** out of the game to get the little kiddies able 2 play it. My personal preferance is make 2 rule books, one for the more complex rules and the 40k for idiots/ kids addition but i doubt that will happen.

But what does sound like gw is the screwing over the inderpendent retailers and us even more with all the cloak and dagger ****, as well as taking any excuse (no matter how poor or wrong) to hit us for more money.

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode