Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

Warmachine Two Player Battle Box details

8K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  Crimson Shadow 
#1 ·
Searching the net and came across this. I don't know how much it will cost as there was no price listed yet, but this looks like it will give AoBR a good run for it's money. Especially when you consider that the minis in the Warmachine box are standard Warmachine minis and not cheap starter minis like you get in AoBR, and also you get two legal armies in the Warmachine box unlike AoBR.

Details of the contents of the upcoming Warmachine Two Player Battle Box have been posted.

The box will feature Khador v. Menoth and contain the complete Warmachine Prime Mk II rules in a travel-sized booklet (86 pages).

Contents

Rules booklet (86 pages)
introductory guide
dice
ruler
17 plastic Warmachine models with corresponding stat cards
Khador Army

Warcaster Kommander Sorscha
Juggernaut Heavy Warjack
Destroyer Heavy Warjack
Man-O-War Shocktrooper Unit(5)
Protectorate Of Menoth Army

Warcaster High Exemplar Kreoss
Crusader Heavy Warjack
Vanquisher Heavy Warjack
Repenter Light Warjack
Exemplar Cinerators Unit(5)

#9 ·
Good stuff. Although it's a pretty weird start to an army (point wise that is).

If my memory serves me well, that's: -6, +7, +9,+9 for the khador starter. So it's a sort of an "odd" 19 points army. It's a solid starting point to work towards the basic 35p game though.

I'm actually curious to see if their new pocket size rulebook will be equally good and full color as their other books.

Good move from PP. That's quite a lot of cash you save with this box. Reasonable release: solid and easy, pretty straightfoward models to start with and get to grips with the basics of the game.

As for the inevitable horde of fanbois who'll come along and say that PP is trying to copy GW at this point.... Try actually playing this game and compareing the way PP handles their business/customers/gamedesign compared to GW (and be amazed at how much GW could actually learn from this company). PP doesn't try to be anything like GW, but a two-army starter box was something that was missing for a looooong time now. Good that they plugged that gap.

#13 ·
Space Marines Taskforce in AoBR is 585 Points

Orks Taskforce in AoBR is 450 points

Space Marines outscore Orks by 135 points. My Local GW store when they play intoduction games they leave out the Dreadnought.

#15 ·
So your telling me i just dropped 72 bucks on a Khador starting army, when i could have waited and got both the armies i wanted for a little more with more models...WHERE WAS THIS ON MONDAY???

FML!!!! :angry:

#24 ·
It's not out for 4 months yet, so you can't complain too much :p

#17 ·
I've been thinking of getting into warmachine/hordes and those are two armies I'm vaguely interested in. It also means I don't have to rush into getting the starter sets in the 10th anniversary- which are only available for 5 more days at the moment and I don't think I can be sure what army to start, if to start at all, in that time seeing as I have quite a lot going on.

#22 ·
Anyone else notice that it says the Man-o-Wars are plastic, but their still only listed in metal on the site. New Plastic kit coming I’m guessing?

#26 ·
Over the last year I've become a huge fan of this game and started Menoth. Shame this set is coming out now, since a pal of mine would have split and taken the Khador. Great move from PP, excited to see plenty of new player to game against at my FLGS.

On a quick side note, both the armies in this box are great starting armies and a great foundation with choices the will find themselves in other army lists. Only the cinerators are kinda iffy game play wise, put should be fine in starting games. Their models are exquisite though! :)

#29 ·
Only the cinerators are kinda iffy game play wise, put should be fine in starting games. Their models are exquisite though! :)
Nah, on Kreoss' feat run they can chop up even a warcaster with that yummy 12+3d6 damage. And you really have to kill them all in one go or they're getting +2 SPD and you definately don't want these guys knocking on your door. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.