Warpath - Mantics Sci-Fi rules - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 05:25 AM Thread Starter

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Warpath - Mantics Sci-Fi rules

This weekend, baring any last minute issues, Mantic will be releasing an alternative 40k style rule set called 'Warpth'. It will be free to download along with its army lists - should be Orks, 'Squats', Eldar and Humans.
Once the GW gravy train has been ridden, they should then be releasing more unique army lists. Models will be a few months away though.
I will post a link once I get it!

I am the White Knight!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 06:59 AM

Thanks for the information. Hopefully they won't use the same ugly body shape for the Eldar that they did for the Elves.
post #3 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 07:39 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

this a good news, you can just use your 40k minis to play mantics free rules !! then when they release new models you can just carry on using your GW minis that you have already paid for because they will no doubt fit the game system....

seriously though i do wish the small indies would try to do something original for a change rather than just scraping the bottom of GW's extremely well scraped barrel, im starting to gain respect for PP at least they took an idea and went out on limb with it, i dont think it was a good idea (steam punk) but they damn well stuck with it and are still doing well after 10 years.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

post #4 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 01:14 PM

I disagree bits and kits, Mantic is trying to capitalize at just the right time, especially with the restrictions on overseas purchases and shipment by GEE-DUB.

If they can create a decent Universe of fluff, alongside efficient rules, they are positioned to make inroads into the Australian market specifically because people will be able to use existing models.

As the prices for GW products get even more ridiculous for the southern hemisphere blokes, they can start buying up Mantic....and so far the sci-fi stuff all looks decent.

I know the special snowflake in me said "SQUATS?!???!? ME WANT" -alas no money or time atm...haven't worked on my sisters in 6 months XD.

post #5 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 01:51 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purge the Heretic View Post
I disagree bits and kits, Mantic is trying to capitalize at just the right time, especially with the restrictions on overseas purchases and shipment by GEE-DUB.

If they can create a decent Universe of fluff, alongside efficient rules, they are positioned to make inroads into the Australian market specifically because people will be able to use existing models.

As the prices for GW products get even more ridiculous for the southern hemisphere blokes, they can start buying up Mantic....and so far the sci-fi stuff all looks decent.

I know the special snowflake in me said "SQUATS?!???!? ME WANT" -alas no money or time atm...haven't worked on my sisters in 6 months XD.
So what part do you disagree with ?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 08:25 PM

Luisjoey's Flag is: Venezuela

WEEEE!

i shall try the mantic sci-fi rules!
the fantasy ones seem simply but takes what fantasy 8th missed from early editions.

i hope mantic sci-fi NON-APE aliens.

Visit http://calabozocriollo.foros.ws Venezuela Gaming Forum

post #7 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 09:12 PM

Shandathe's Flag is: Netherlands

Hrmm. This is probably what Mantic's mail about tonight's Beasts of War was about... should probably go find out...

Ask not the Eldar a question, for they will give you three answers; all of which are true and horrifying to know.

Last edited by Shandathe; 06-02-11 at 09:14 PM.
post #8 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 10:14 PM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaaneshy View Post
This weekend, baring any last minute issues, Mantic will be releasing an alternative 40k style rule set called 'Warpth'. It will be free to download along with its army lists - should be Orks, 'Squats', Eldar and Humans.
Once the GW gravy train has been ridden, they should then be releasing more unique army lists. Models will be a few months away though.
I will post a link once I get it!

HAHA - no they bloody wont be. Eldar and Ork are both GW trademarks...

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you
post #9 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 10:19 PM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

That's pretty lame.
post #10 of 94 (permalink) Old 06-02-11, 10:23 PM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
That's pretty lame.
Whats lame? The fact that another company are basically ripping off GW, or that GW actually trademarks its intellectual property?

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode