GW responds to the Outrage - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 11:29 PM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

The web team have basically given themselves permission to delete all further complaints and therefore create the impression all is well...so no...GW have not listened as there will be nothing to listen to - genius!

I am the White Knight!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 01:38 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

You are all sounding like one huge group of Stellas. If you would actually LOOK at the price increases you would see that they are bringing the box sets that have not been increased up to where the rest of the box sets who have come out recently are at.

Since 1996 ever damn time GW says something about prices going up the chicken littles of the forum run around calling that the sky is falling and then 3 months down the road they are the same ones still playing.

The only folks I really feel bad about it the Aussies and Kiwis who are the ones who are truly getting fucked over by yesterdays announcement. They can no longer order from other places and must pay double what the rest of us are for their items.

This is still a very cheap hobby. You should try playing CCGs or remote control cars, that can get really expensive. $500 for something that you may have to buy an update for once every 5 or 6 years? That shit is cheap. I have seen people saying that prices are going up by 40%? Holy shit not even remotely true. There are a couple battalion box sets that are going up $20 to bring them in line what what the modern battalion box sets are selling at. A majority of the box sets that are going up are only going up .75 to a couple bucks.

And about the fine scale, how about we wait to see if there are resculpts before we bitch about them.

/rant off
post #43 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 01:41 AM

normtheunsavoury's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaaneshy View Post
The web team have basically given themselves permission to delete all further complaints and therefore create the impression all is well...so no...GW have not listened as there will be nothing to listen to - genius!
Not really, they have said that they are leaving the threads open for people to continue the discussion, but have asked if those same people could refrain from spamming new threads.

To be honest I don't think I have ever seen a backlash against GW like this before. Sure, there have been grumbles and moans but most of them have been from people who like to grumble and moan and are never happy unless GW are giving stuff away.
Maybe it was how close together everything was, Fine Cast, the embargo and then the price hike all within a couple of days.
Many of the people complaining now were the same people defending GW in the past, I think it is a matter of this time they have gone too far. People are pissed off and will take it out on the people they see as responsible, GW.

With almost any other company on earth if there were about to be price hikes there would be an explanation and possibly an apology to go with the increased dent in your wallet. Instead GW hit you with an embargo and the happy news that they have recast some old minis in resin and want to charge you more for them, hooray!

Oh well, letter posted today supporting those who got shafted.

Quote:
Also, Ewoks eat people.
Never forget that.
Ewoks. Eat. People.
Galahad.

Black Serpent Sun

FILE 18

post #44 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 02:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaaneshy View Post
This is a misinterpretation. They're just saying to keep the comments constructive, and not make tons of inflammatory remarks, something any webteam must enforce. If all the comments are doing is saying that GW needs to suck a fuck, then the webteam is obligated, and justified, in removing those comments.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
post #45 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 03:50 AM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

yup, just like any forum moderator actually.
post #46 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 12:30 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

I have to admit this time Ive never seen such a negative reaction towards GW.

post #47 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 02:28 PM

Terabyt3's Flag is: United Kingdom

The price hikes are atrocious. The resin should be a shed load cheaper to produce after initial set up and the casts should last longer.

If these "finecast" were new sculpts I could maybe accept it. But if it's simple re-molds then the only explanations I can think of are a) they're simply being greedy or b) taking into account most people already have the metal versions of these models (so less sales) vs. Cost of resin set up.

Either way it's a problem to say the least. I'm disgusted at the price hikes overseas I was blissfully unaware at the mark-up in places like Australia! I'd expect some back tracking over the next 12-18 month as the combined effects will no doubt cause profits to fall dramatically (which they argue is the exact opposite of what they are trying to achieve).

Peace out,
Terabyt3!
post #48 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 05:06 PM

TheSpore's Flag is: USA

I just took a few minutes to view the entire comments section of face book and holy hell GW really messed up this time. I have feeling PP's profits are gonna skyrocket.

post #49 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djinn24 View Post

This is still a very cheap hobby.

/rant off
It's all right, because he really loves me! He just...gets so mad. I'll try not to make him mad anymore...

/batteredwife

Honestly, there's no justification other than "captive audience".
post #50 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 05:18 PM
Semi-Famous 40k Intellect

Commissar Ploss's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
I just took a few minutes to view the entire comments section of face book and holy hell GW really messed up this time. I have feeling PP's profits are gonna skyrocket.
i doubt it. some would argue their game sucks the same. I happen to love 40k and will continue to buy... regardless to how much my wallet may scream in agony.

CP

The Founding Fields

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode