GW responds to the Outrage - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 07:57 PM

It's nice to see this acknowledged, but really, there wasn't anything that the web-team could do about it but send a word up to management. Chances are slim that anything will happen now. As for a boycott, an internet movement like this probably won't get enough people, just hope other vets feel the same way and don't buy anything.

Writer of crappy fics, I hope you might derive some enjoyment from them.

FictionPress.com: For original stuff.

FanFiction.net: For stuff that is part of an established universe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 07:58 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I think getting a monkey to throw shit at it would be funny as hell.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT
post #33 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 08:35 PM
Ancient Relic

mcmuffin's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungryugolino View Post
Egging their main building might get their attention.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpore View Post
that building prolly so big it wouldnt even work right. If ya wanna do something like an evil prank we get and assload of toliet paper and wrap that bad boy up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen_Newman View Post
I think getting a monkey to throw shit at it would be funny as hell.
Very mature you guys, everyone knows this doesn't do any good. On the other hand, massed urination on the walls of GW works much better. Now, @ Rev, since you designed the building, how many people would it take to surround the building and maybe we could organize a urinatory protest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuffin's Law
As an online discussion about 40k grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Squats approaches 1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathKlokk View Post
Keep in mind you are arguing "realism" about an army of genetically-altered supermen that are able to shrug off rocket propelled explosive bullets because someone is waving around a cup full of blood that reminds them of their long lost Super Daddy that was killed by there Extra Special-Super Uncle.
Space Wolves Tournament Results W:24 D:8 L:8
Jaws-ing my way to victory

post #34 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 08:50 PM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

just one person urinating at the entrance every night would leave a hard-to-get-rid-off odor for a long time.
post #35 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 09:12 PM

HereticHammer01's Flag is: England

The web team didn't respond badly but the important thing is to see what GW does. Then the mass urination can commence...perhaps.

Black Templars 3rd/4th
Necrons 5th

Carlsberg don't do xenos, but if they did. . .
post #36 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 09:31 PM

Ninjurai's Flag is: USA

Only thing I have to say is that GW wont be ignoring people for being too hysterical. It is not the content of disappointed letters that matter to a business. It is the volume of the letters. When a ton of people get pissed at a company a company takes notice. People may be personally ignored, but collectively the sheer volume of disappointed letters is what GW is going to be looking at. There isn't someone from GW scanning every detail of each letter to ensure that the customer writing the letter seems level headed. LOST MONEY IS LOST MONEY whether its lost from an internet troll, a lifetime GW customer, or a lifetime GW customer that happens to be a troll.

Im not saying that I condone violent threatening letters, but assuming that a business has the luxury of "being the bigger man" and ignoring disappointed customers with a chip on their shoulder is ridiculous because at the end of the day GW doesn't care who you are they just want your money.

Im taking a break from 40k...again... The only chance you have of altering the course of events taking place in GW is to simply stop buying their product, and tell your friends to stop buying their product and their friends.

I personally will be taking the money I planned on using for GW products this year, and spending it on one of their competitors.

"Matt Ward is a veteran of a millionbillion battles and once destroyed an entire sector when he sneezed and farted at the same time."
post #37 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 09:41 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmuffin View Post
Very mature you guys, everyone knows this doesn't do any good. On the other hand, massed urination on the walls of GW works much better. Now, @ Rev, since you designed the building, how many people would it take to surround the building and maybe we could organize a urinatory protest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
just one person urinating at the entrance every night would leave a hard-to-get-rid-off odor for a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticHammer01 View Post
The web team didn't respond badly but the important thing is to see what GW does. Then the mass urination can commence...perhaps.
That could seriously work.

Its amazing the attention this is getting tho. In the past few price Hikes and GW shinanigans we bent over and accepted it. It seems GW finnaly pushed us over the edge by fuking the Down Under and giving us ANOTHER outragious price hike!

If this line of thinking keeps up GW will be forced to come out from under their blankets.
post #38 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 09:46 PM

Vanchet's Flag is: United Kingdom

Well nothing we can do.............Less someone wants to start recruitments for a proper Inquisition so we can go acuse the ppl there of Heresy

I'm not insane I just lack sanity, there's a difference....................somewhere

post #39 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 10:14 PM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
Its amazing the attention this is getting tho. In the past few price Hikes and GW shinanigans we bent over and accepted it. It seems GW finnaly pushed us over the edge by fuking the Down Under and giving us ANOTHER outragious price hike!

Really? I seem to remember this happening about 2 years ago, and definately 6 years ago.

Me thinks some people have short memories...

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you
post #40 of 215 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 11:00 PM

coke123's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I designed that building, please don't!
So you have blueprints, eh? *walks of cackling maniacally, schemeing his nefarious schemes*

But seriously, it's nice to seem that at least some notice is being taken. What remains to be seen is their next move. Which I imagine will be nothing, but hey, they might just suprise us.

"Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad."

Also known as BaselessElm

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode