GW Price Change Spreadsheet - Effective May 28th - Page 16 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #151 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 02:40 AM

Diatribe1974's Flag is: USA

On a related note (about sending a ton of cash to GW), I just ordered almost 160$ worth of paints to finally get that avenue done for me (going from all but none, save my foundation paints, to I believe being fully stocked up enough to start). Tomorrow, I hit up my Amazon store folks and order even more models, before those prices go up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 03:52 AM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkitty View Post

@Maidel: When you express your personal opinion rudely, and then try to excuse it by calling it "truth", you are not excusing anything. You're just being an arrogant prick.
pot meet kettle?
post #153 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 04:27 AM

As someone who appreciates the fluff, the hobby aspect, and the gaming aspect of 40k, this price increase probably wouldn't drive me off the hobby.

As a Sisters player who isn't currently affected by this, but by other factors (direct-order only metal models), I'll probably have to weather the new prices when the Sisters will finally be updated so that I can finally have all the models I need.

I just won't be as willing to drop the cash for that DE/SM army I've been considering.

Last edited by rasolyo; 05-19-11 at 04:29 AM. Reason: edited last sentence

post #154 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 06:04 AM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarkitty View Post
I just finished reading this thread.
Frankly, Maidel, I think your comments were rude, not just to the pepole they were directed towards, but to everyone who feels the same way.

@Maidel: When you express your personal opinion rudely, and then try to excuse it by calling it "truth", you are not excusing anything. You're just being an arrogant prick.
So telling someone that they are being irrational when they themselves admit they are being irrational is rude?

Telling someone to stop moaning and leave with a bit of dignity (if that is what they are doing) is being rude?

Seriously people need to step back and look at themselves before levelling that sort of response at me because if you read back you will notice I have not name called, I have not insulted anyone beyond what I wrote above (which isnt insulting!) and I think you will find it is me who has had people be rude and insulting to me.

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you
post #155 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 06:12 AM

Djinn24's Flag is: USA

I really wish more people would actually LOOK at the spread sheet before posting. Not all that many prices are going up and most of the prices raises are targeted at the codexes and battalion box sets. They are seriously just brining all the box sets in line with others of simular sizes.
post #156 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 07:19 AM

docgeo's Flag is: USA

@Djinn24-I have looked at it and it appears that Marine kits are getting a 8-12 increase(accept for the SM commander kit). I won't stop buying but I will buy less and more on secondary markets.

@Maidel- I think trying to be the voice of reason and calm is great. But you have to understand some people are just plain upset. This is an emotional response and whether or not it is rational is besides the point because it is thier personal opinion. They might not be able to articulate those feelings in a meaningful way to you. So basically neither you nor they will be able to convince the other to their side. I say just let everyone..including me(a little) continue to vent. Venting is healthy and will relieve stress an angst over this move.

Now lets start a movement to get them to re-release Space Hulk!!!

Doc

Link to my Artic UltraMarines Project:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=89554
post #157 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgeo View Post
@Maidel- I think trying to be the voice of reason and calm is great. But you have to understand some people are just plain upset. This is an emotional response and whether or not it is rational is besides the point because it is thier personal opinion. They might not be able to articulate those feelings in a meaningful way to you. So basically neither you nor they will be able to convince the other to their side. I say just let everyone..including me(a little) continue to vent. Venting is healthy and will relieve stress an angst over this move.

Now lets start a movement to get them to re-release Space Hulk!!!

Doc
I've never been big on 'public venting', I think protest marching and striking should be illegal because it never solves anything and just makes people's lives miserable... Maybe that's just me

But damn right with space hulk, although I'm pretty certain they said they broke up the mold after they finished the run.

Thank you
post #158 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 07:50 AM

docgeo's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post

But damn right with space hulk, although I'm pretty certain they said they broke up the mold after they finished the run.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! it is to expensive on ebay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doc

Link to my Artic UltraMarines Project:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=89554
post #159 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 10:15 AM

Inquisitor Aurelius's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
I've never been big on 'public venting', I think protest marching and striking should be illegal because it never solves anything and just makes people's lives miserable... Maybe that's just me
I'm fair certain the former British colony of India would like to (peacefully) disagree.

Four Colditz salads and a Hermann Goering.
post #160 of 212 (permalink) Old 05-19-11, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquisitor Aurelius View Post
I'm fair certain the former British colony of India would like to (peacefully) disagree.
No, no, that is a fair point, and immediately after typing it I heard a radio news about Egypt and syria. I will amend my statement to exclude genuine protests about human rights, suffering and hardship.

Specifically I was thinking about firefighters, train drivers, students, lecturers and the BA cabin crew all of whom caused untold hardship, pain and in a few instances led to people's deaths all over tiny amounts of money.

Thank you

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode