Metal To Resin Confirmed - Page 18 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #171 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 02:18 PM

Irbian's Flag is: Spain

A FLGS owner has posted this in his spanish forum.

Quote:
Hola a todos,

este fin de semana he tenido la oportunidad de ver de forma privilegiada en la sede de Games Workshop Barcelona, las nuevas miniaturas de Citadel Finecast, ya he leído en algun foro las primeras críticas arrojadas desde la oscuridad y el desconocimiento, por eso y como testigo directo creo que podré arrojar alguna luz sobre el asunto.

Citadel Finecast como indica su nombre en inglés es una formula nueva para sacar las miniaturas de metal en una nueva resina plástica que conservará todo el nivel de detalle de la escultura original.

La resina al contrario que otras en el mercado no presenta burbujas de ninguna clase, la linea de molde se elimina con facilidad, tiene además un acabado mate que hace por ejemplo que el pegamento de cianocrilato (superglue) agarre rápido y eficazmente. De Hecho tiraron al suelo un Manfred Von Carstein recien pegado (a pesar de nuestras protestas) y no se rompió (aun así niños no hagan esto en casa).

Este material permitirá que más adelante se saquen miniaturas más complejas y en posiciones imposibles hasta ahora.

Cual es la desventaja, pues además de cambiar todo el proceso de producción que será algo más artesanal, los moldes de silicona del original serán renovados con más frecuencia, lo que va a encarecer la producción y por tanto los precios, por contra vamos a tener de nuevo una larga lista de heroes y personajes que se habían quedado relegados a venta directa, y la venta directa era enormemente caro de enviar a Canarias por ello creo que habrá reacciones de alegría al ver de nuevo muchas de esas figuras a la venta y alguna que nunca había estado por problemas de peso y producción como cierto personaje orco.

Saludos,
Jorge

P.D. Esta es una opinión que se basa en la observación directa, nada de fotos tomadas a través de un cristal y colgadas en foros, tuve ocasión de montar una de las figuras, limpiarla (y cortarme con el cutter y dejar mi huella personal en ella), pegarla y probarla, sólo me faltó que me dejaran pintarla pero no había tiempo.
Main points:
- No bubbles, easy to remove mold lines, superglue works fast on it.
- Manfred Von Carstein just glued was launched to the ground and survived
- Material is able to provide more complicated positions in the miniatures
- Molds will be changed more frequently and the process, will be more artesanal

Source
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #172 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 02:37 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

A bad Google Translate for those that can't read spanish...

Quote:
Hi everyone,

This weekend I had the opportunity to see how privileged at the headquarters of Games Workshop Barcelona, ​​the new Citadel miniatures Finecast, I've read in some forum the first criticisms thrown out of the darkness and ignorance, so as witness I think I can shed direct light on the matter.

Finecast Citadel as its name in English is a new formula to remove the metal miniatures in a new plastic resin to retain all the detail of the original sculpture.

The resin unlike others on the market without bubbles of any kind, the mold line is removed with ease, also has a matte finish that makes it such that the cyanoacrylate glue (superglue) grip quickly and effectively. Fact thrown to the ground a newly Carstein Manfred von stuck (despite our protests) and it is not broke (yet children do not do this at home).

This material will be drawn later thumbnails more complex and impossible positions till now.

What is the disadvantage, as well as changing the entire production process will be more traditional, the original silicone molds will be renewed more often, which will be expensive production and therefore prices, by contrast we have again a long list of heroes and characters that had been relegated to direct selling and direct selling was enormously expensive to send to the Canaries so I think there will be reactions from joy to see again many of the figures on sale and some I'd never been to weight problems and production as a character orc.

Regards,
Jorge

P. S. This is an opinion based on direct observation, no pictures taken through glass and hung in forums, I was able to ride one of the figures, clean (and cut with cutter and leave a personal mark on it) paste it and try it, I just need to let me paint but had no time.
post #173 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 02:39 PM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

I like it, also means I won't have to buy my characters direct. And probably the new necrons will come out in better detail and better poses (unlike the haemonculi with his surprise pose)

post #174 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 04:07 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikenshin View Post
I like it, also means I won't have to buy my characters direct. And probably the new necrons will come out in better detail and better poses (unlike the haemonculi with his surprise pose)
that model disgusts me, i might buy it to burn it...

actually id probably buy it and tinker with it to make it look sinister and evil, rather then 'SUPRISE!'

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #175 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 05:41 PM

Overbear's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
Unless you are an eldar or an sob collector how has it been possible to do that for at least 15 years. No troop models (appart from sisters) have been made in metal since that point.
Because over 3/4 of my models predate most the folks here. Your talking to a OLD school player here that has only recently come back to the fold. Heck some of my drednaughts are mark 1 "walking eggs". You would be shocked what I still have new, in the box never opened.

We are the wolf that stalks
The stars in the sky
And swallows the star-fire
We hide amongst the night
When light is gone
The Light is within us
We run the ruin of Fire
In the darkness
Foes burn in our passing
post #176 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 05:44 PM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
Because over 3/4 of my models predate most the folks here. Your talking to a OLD school player here that has only recently come back to the fold. Heck some of my drednaughts are mark 1 "walking eggs". You would be shocked what I still have new, in the box never opened.
hehe - well join the club - Ive been here since the start of rogue trader, just wish my copy was hard back, damn cheap parents...

But it kinda proves my point - you havent exactly been a regular purchaser from GW recently

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you
post #177 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 05:56 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Oh no, Archaon's just gone up to £30? Whatever am I going to do?

Oh, actually, that's alright, I just remembered, I bought him before the Price Rise.

Although it does make me laugh that Archaon @ £30 is more expensive than Be'lakor, which is larger and metal (although perhaps crucially not supported further than as a Winged Daemon Prince), who's less than £19.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #178 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 06:13 PM

Overbear's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidel View Post
hehe - well join the club - Ive been here since the start of rogue trader, just wish my copy was hard back, damn cheap parents...

But it kinda proves my point - you havent exactly been a regular purchaser from GW recently
I have been playing catch-up...but yea I see what you are saying. still...metal was always more fun to work with for me, plastic is easer yes, but metal was the challenge.

We are the wolf that stalks
The stars in the sky
And swallows the star-fire
We hide amongst the night
When light is gone
The Light is within us
We run the ruin of Fire
In the darkness
Foes burn in our passing
post #179 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 06:17 PM

Maidel's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overbear View Post
I have been playing catch-up...but yea I see what you are saying. still...metal was always more fun to work with for me, plastic is easer yes, but metal was the challenge.
My space wolf army has each squad consisting of 1-2 new plastic models, 2-3 previous generation plastic models, 2-3 2nd edition metal body/plastic army space wolves and 1 rogue trader era space marine.

I like variation !

To prevent any 'misunderstandings' if I post IN ORANGE then I am joking.
Thank you
post #180 of 270 (permalink) Old 05-18-11, 06:26 PM

docgeo's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
and that condition would be a worry if you worked day in day out with resin dust and didnt wear a dust mask, however every other sunday for an hour as a hobby you might just be safe if you wear a dust mask.

Just to clarify GW is classed as a toy manufacture in the UK which has some of the strictest legislation on toy safety in the world, im 100% sure they wouldn't be putting there name on a product that in anyway could cause injury or illness if used correctly.
What ever the material is it will be safe enough to be used for the purpose of model building including anything like sanding and cutting, even forgeworld resin is non toxic and a dust mask is advised because the dust is an IRRITANT not because it causes cancer or makes your cock fall off.

Bits....a 14yo kid is likely never going to wear a mask. Also just like smoking researches aren't positive how much exposure is needed to cause problems down the line. Granted from my experience most patients I have treated with similar coditions had years of exposure but would you want to take that chance with your kids? I wouldn't but many parents that are shelling out for this hobby don't take the time to research these things. I know that this won't change the move to resin but I just Pray that there are some LARGE warnings on the package.

Doc

Link to my Artic UltraMarines Project:
https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=89554

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode