=][= Rumours Roundup : Necrons - Released - Page 74 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #731 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 02:58 AM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

I love that mat ward is writting the codex, I may be the odd one in the bunch but I would very much like to win against good oponents, all in my group are pretty terrible except my brother, so I think I want to win against my brother with my necrons

also I love everything I have seen here, some stats I read about:

Lychguard: S5 T5 A2 3+ save. Warscythes (2h +2 str power weapon) or A +4 inv. shield and power weapon. Shield can bounce saved shots back at any enemy if they are within 6". 40pts each.

Praetorians: S5 T5 jump infantry. 3+ save. Have a 6" shot S5 AP2 Assault 1 power weapon staff or 2 rending swords and a 3+ inv. 40 pts each.

source is yakface from dakka

edit: also I remember there were rummors of differently colored rods, kind of off now that we see the real thing

Last edited by ashikenshin; 10-15-11 at 03:01 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #732 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 03:09 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Damn! Not another awesome, cool book with tons of viable units and alternate army builds that can compete at the highest level.

A few sentences of bad fluff completely overrides all the good qualities. /Sarcasm
completely OP codex with retarded fluff. yup nothing wrong with that at all.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #733 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 03:41 AM

Igniskhin's Flag is: USA

*head explodes*

post #734 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 03:44 AM

ashikenshin's Flag is: Guatemala

I think the flayed ones with more blood on them would make them look much much better. Right now looks as if they are wearing something other than skin
post #735 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 03:47 AM
Token Trans Mod

Zion's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
Damn! Not another awesome, cool book with tons of viable units and alternate army builds that can compete at the highest level.

A few sentences of bad fluff completely overrides all the good qualities. /Sarcasm
EXACTLY!

Wait....no...actually that sounds pretty cool. Maybe we'll get the other half of that Blood Angels fluff? :D

EDIT: Anyone think we could kidnap Ward and make him write the Sisters a codex next? I'd love to have some great rules with silly fluff (maybe they beat down the Grey Knights or punt Flesh Tearers into the Warp?). I can deal with silly (I own a three-armed Chaos Marine (I wanted to give him a Bolter, Bolt Pistol and Chainsword :D)), but mediocre is just infuriating. I'd rather see a legitimate attempt and laugh off the goofy parts then see something that wasn't even attempted and only phoned in.

Last edited by Zion; 10-15-11 at 03:53 AM.
post #736 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 05:08 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
completely OP codex with retarded fluff. yup nothing wrong with that at all.
Yeah, man. Vanilla Marines, Blood Angels and Grey Knights are all totally OP. Nothing can beat them, except each other. It isn't like Space Wolves, Dark Eldar (Kelly) or Guard (Cruddace) can ever beat those insanely OP Ward Dexes. In fact, I think we should just ban all Ward books from use as well as the models people bought to go with those books and maybe the people that bought said models to go with said books as well. Just ban them from existence, bro. Dude, man. Sweet!

post #737 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 05:25 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

OP =/= Unbeatable

OP in this game is more along the lines of being able to make the biggest mistakes and still win. Cant do that with DE.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #738 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 05:25 AM

Katie - *golfclap to your comment*

Love the look of the new minis/kits. My lucy son has chosen the perfect time to start his necron army... I think I might have to help him, test them a bit. Not for me, no, just to help him. Of course. Ahem.
post #739 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 05:33 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
OP =/= Unbeatable

OP in this game is more along the lines of being able to make the biggest mistakes and still win. Cant do that with DE.
Okay, but you can do that with Space Marines, Space Wolves, Blood Angels, Grey Knights and Imperial Guard?

So all those armies are overpowered?

How many armies are there again? Fourteen?

So five out of fourteen armies are OP and they just happen to be the newest books (except for Tyranids who were a mistake and Sisters who don't count).

That doesn't sound overpowered to me. That sounds like "written in 5th edition" something "non-OP" books cannot claim.

If out of the seven armies updated since 5th edition came out there are five "OP" ones, then doesn't that mean that the power level of these five are the standard? Which means they're actually not OP at all and it's just the other armies that are UP... right?
post #740 of 1556 (permalink) Old 10-15-11, 07:15 AM

elmir's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zion View Post
EXACTLY!

EDIT: Anyone think we could kidnap Ward and make him write the Sisters a codex next? I'd love to have some great rules with silly fluff (maybe they beat down the Grey Knights or punt Flesh Tearers into the Warp?). I can deal with silly (I own a three-armed Chaos Marine (I wanted to give him a Bolter, Bolt Pistol and Chainsword :D)), but mediocre is just infuriating. I'd rather see a legitimate attempt and laugh off the goofy parts then see something that wasn't even attempted and only phoned in.

This, this and this

Some ppl seem to get all consumed by nerdrage that the fluff of their plastic toys has gone towards the silly spectrum. Guess what, GW was reknown for their OTT silly (and humorous too) fluff a decade ago. Fluff can change, deal with it...

IMO, it looks like Ward has revived another boring, half arsed and bland army (much like deamonhunters were) into a fully fleshed out force to be reckoned with really soon (one that is not restricted to a mono-build to work). At least, when you read all the rumours, the army has become a lot more competitive/viable on paper... I'm pretty sure that'll translate to the tabletop as well.

The army seems to have a lot of new cool units now. And I do hope this army will have a few nasty sharp edges on the battlefield (even though I don't intend to collect a necron force). I'm also really happy for my buddy who decided to hang on to his old crons for soo long.

Sure there will be ppl who go all butthurt when they get trashed by this new codex, crying OP when they pick away their SW, IG, BA, DE or GKs off the battlefield. As for the ppl who are still stuck with old underpowered codexes... That sucks, no denying that. But looking at the recent string of good codexes released, I think you can be confident that something good is on the horizon (even for xenos players... :D )

*EDIT* I for one welcome our new robotic overlords.

Last edited by elmir; 10-15-11 at 07:18 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode