=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 02/01/2013 - Page 34 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #331 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 01:32 PM

yostu's Flag is: Italy

Still no news? i think with the release of new finecasts we can assume the release date will be faaar away..

..everithing is good.. in hive fleet stomach..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by yostu View Post
Still no news? i think with the release of new finecasts we can assume the release date will be faaar away..
Maybe next year...
post #333 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 09:34 PM

DecrepitDragon's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadLordRedAxe View Post
I just hope Tau get some bonus to deny the witch rolls. Since even this edition states they do not even come up as a blip in the warp. The thought of psyker in the Tau armies makes me uncomfortable. Tau do not need another race they need to be put where they belong as the shootist of the shooties and keep to their fluff so far. As it sits now we got a huge boost with the new edition now we just need a BS increase to fit how we fight and all railguns and jet pack troops shoud have skyfire. I choose the Tau for the crisis suits and the marked lack of psykers.
I feel your pain, I really do.

The Background and suits were the primary draw for me too - however, they must move with the times. The BS4 argument raged a while back in this thread, so I wont start it again, suffice to say that rules dependant, it may feature, or it may not.

That isn't how I forsee Tau being brought into the new edition though. As you quite rightly pointed out, they have received a boost simply from the rules rewrite in the BRB, but remember that they are an ever expanding race. Constantly crawling forward and subdueing worlds with ever more exotic creatures to add to their ranks.

Its likely that Demuirg wont be psychic, vespid are not (as far as we know), Shapers 'might' be, and there's still one more rumoured race to account for possibly.

Within the structure of the new rules, with a heavily re-vamped psychic section, there's little reason to discount the possibility of psykers entirely - though, as you say, some might feel it goes against the already written background for Tau.

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Visit my Tower Terrain Plog here.

post #334 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-14-12, 11:32 PM

Akatsuki13's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by yostu View Post
I'm on the fence over the Finecast release. It could be as you have commented or this sizable Tau release could be the precursor to their update. GW could be releasing these Finecast models to the stores as preparation for the update. Remember they only have so many spots in a release. Look at the models they've released. It's been all but confirmed that we're gonna get plastic Pathfinders with the update so they want to get those guys out of the way. Similarly with the Stealthsuits we have newer plastic models so again its better to get them out before the update. There's no doubt that the new Tau Codex will have more characters so might as well get out two of the old heroes out rather than have them take up two more spots on the first release.

While I don't mind the Tau getting a new ally with Psysker powers I think it would have been a bit better for them to develop something akin to the Necron Cryptek, an Earth Caste Engineer/Scientist in a bulkier Earth Caste suit that could be outfitted with all kinds of experimental technologies and weapons that aren't ready for Fire Caste testing and use. That would have been fun to have in place of a Psyker.

'There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.'
Akatsuki13's Daemon Den
post #335 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-21-12, 12:38 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

So long as they make the pulse carbine better I don't care otherwise 1/2 of my fire warriors are gonna end up decorating the dustbin

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift
post #336 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-21-12, 05:08 PM

I love how the first post still puts us as the last 5E codex.

We do not fear the flame,though it burns us,
We do not fear the fire, though it consumes us,
And we do not fear it's light,
Though it reveals the darkness of our souls,
For therein lies our power
post #337 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-25-12, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Some Tau rumours, both good and bad. A flier is interesting, no more kroot is as well. Could this mean we will see a Mercenary codex everyone can ally with?
Source
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan on Faeit 212
Tau
flyer wave could Voidraiven, Tau Lamprey, maybe another.

The name Lamprey is by no means official. Its entirely possible that will not be its name. Also possible it wont be released till codex.

As for the "Lamprey" i am not sure yet. But the assault crisis suits have experimental rules where once per game they gain BOTH benefits of moving with their jump things(unnamed at the moment) which lets them move 12in. Then reroll assault distance if desired. If the first attempted charge is successful you gain Furious Charge.

This is ALL experimental though.

new characters to the Assault Crisis Suits....and i have even heard the rumor NO MORE KROOT!

I cant tell if the NO KROOT! rumor is true but it makes sense. I am lets say VERY involved with the play testing process of the codex and I have seen no kroot units. Shhhhhhhh don't panic.
Talking to guy who is higher up than me in an email here is what he said

" Now Logan, I have received your emails regarding your next project. You asked why there has been a lack of a certain unit(Kroot) all I can tell is that right now it is being heatedly discussed whether to keep them in our upcoming release. We want this book to reflect the primary army, not necessarily other "mercenary" forces. When we sort it out we promise to let you have a peak.

Thank you for your concerns and comments regarding this matter."
post #338 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-25-12, 06:29 PM

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

I love hearing new rumors, but this one doesn't sit right with me.

1.) gives out a lot of identifying notes. (play tester & Copy/paste personal email response)
2.) Mentions that we get new characters and a flier, but no details. Anyone could guess we'd be getting those.
3.) Mentions Assault suits like we all know what that means. Makes me think he isn't familiar with them at all.
4.) Losing Kroot takes away a lot of what Tau had special, the ability to build a coalition force. It makes sense though, since they gave Long Fangs our split fire ability then removed it for Tau. May as well give GK alien monkey weapon smiths then remove all Tau allied aliens.

I love rumors, and even loved hearing this. Atleast there's still a lot of people as eager for this as I am. But this one just seems off to me.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."
post #339 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-25-12, 06:45 PM

Words_of_Truth's Flag is: United Kingdom

Kroot Army!!!!!!
post #340 of 361 (permalink) Old 07-25-12, 08:41 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Kroot do have a pretty big following. You either love them or hate them, me I hate them but can't see them vanishing

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode