=][= Rumours Roundup : Tau Empire - Updated : 02/01/2013 - Page 26 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #251 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-04-12, 12:49 AM

DecrepitDragon's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterous View Post
. . . I mean, the enemy army usually has guns, after all.
Damn.

I knew I was doing something wrong.

On the topic of ethereals though - back in the day, they really could be useful. Maybe for only a very limited selection of scenarios, true, but still handy now and then.

Trouble is, when it goes wrong with them, it really goes wrong. I had one game where one foolish mistake on my part, lost me the ethereal, followed by SIX failed morale tests on turn 2. Needless to say that my hand quickly stretched across the table to shake my opponents hand in defeat, as half of my army legged it off home before lifting a finger in the game.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Visit my Tower Terrain Plog here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #252 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-04-12, 03:12 PM
nevynxxx's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DecrepitDragon View Post
Trouble is, when it goes wrong with them, it really goes wrong. I had one game where one foolish mistake on my part, lost me the ethereal, followed by SIX failed morale tests on turn 2. Needless to say that my hand quickly stretched across the table to shake my opponents hand in defeat, as half of my army legged it off home before lifting a finger in the game.
That's nothing, you want to play orcs and goblins. Having a giant get shot with so many cannon shots in the first round it falls and squashes your black orcs, then every other unit fails either the panic, or animosity test is not fun.

I had no units left on the table in the turn 1 movement phase....
post #253 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-04-12, 05:13 PM

bobahoff's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevynxxx View Post
That's nothing, you want to play orcs and goblins. Having a giant get shot with so many cannon shots in the first round it falls and squashes your black orcs, then every other unit fails either the panic, or animosity test is not fun.

I had no units left on the table in the turn 1 movement phase....
A mate at my LGS had a similar experience with his necrons when they took so much damage from one of the lads mech IG army in turn 1 that they phased out

D'oh

When evil seeks to overcome good
And firepower ovecomes the spoken word
Then death shall rain from the sky on wings of blood
And retribution will be swift

post #254 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-04-12, 05:43 PM

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

I just read on a blog that the current order of releases puts Tau all the way back until July of next year... At best. Here's hoping that the 6th ed erratas gives us something good.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."
post #255 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-04-12, 05:48 PM

what blog? and does that mean July 2013?
Say it ain't so!!

We do not fear the flame,though it burns us,
We do not fear the fire, though it consumes us,
And we do not fear it's light,
Though it reveals the darkness of our souls,
For therein lies our power
post #256 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-04-12, 05:58 PM

SavageConvoy's Flag is: USA

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/02/n...k-is-here.html

And It doesn't say it in black and white, but it gives you an idea.

We have DA next (March/April), 6th(July), Chaos (October/November), then probably BT or SM (March/April), Eldar (July).... and so on and so forth.

I know a lot of people are going to be or already have shelved their Tau up. I'm going to keep playing them though. And I'm not getting a second army just to be competetive. It's my way of protesting.

"Snooki gives birth to Heavy Gun Drone squad, someone says they are over powered, then the world ends."
post #257 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-04-12, 08:08 PM

That has totally contradicted every thing every other rumour has said about the progress of the new 'dex.
I don't know if the rumour about proof reading was from ghost or what but it seemed to be everywhere
Also last time I checked everyone was saying it was BT next and not DA because GW were saying about DA were crap and not selling

Any way I did some totalling up and if Tau aint released this month or next month then forget about it for the rest of the year as far as I can tell

post #258 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-05-12, 11:02 AM
Ranty ranter!

MetalHandkerchief's Flag is: Norway

If that's true I'm stoked. That means Tau is finally put in a spot of the "edition cycle" where they belong (sales wise) - IE early in the cycle, where the codex will be valid for the longest amount of time.

I really, really prefer waiting another 9 months to get a 6th edition codex for 6th edition, and current --> current edition codices ever since, than being dead last all the fucking time and always living off 4.5 edition, 5.5 edition etc. bloody pieces of shit codices.

I've had recurring nightmares
That I was loved for who I am
And missed the opportunity
To become a better man
~MUSE - Hoodoo
post #259 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-05-12, 12:05 PM

So that would make tau the 6th ed dark eldar. More than happy with that

post #260 of 361 (permalink) Old 02-06-12, 01:21 AM

DecrepitDragon's Flag is: Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHandkerchief View Post
I really, really prefer waiting another 9 months to get a 6th edition codex for 6th edition, and current --> current edition codices ever since, than being dead last all the fucking time and always living off 4.5 edition, 5.5 edition etc. bloody pieces of shit codices.
I wish I had your restraint MH. Damn fine point though.

Where does that blog leave us though? In the dark again I suppose. Damn GW for cracking down on their info release - I can understand why they're doing it, but I dont have to like it.

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing."

"But," says Man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It could not have evolved by chance. It proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't. QED."

"Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.

Visit my Tower Terrain Plog here.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode