Maelstrom Games' BaneLegions range. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-11, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Default Maelstrom Games' BaneLegions range.

Right guys,
We've been asked in multiple threads throughout forum land and via email 'just how big is x, y or z' in relation to our range of BaneBeasts.

A written measurement doesn't really convey the size and even a steel ruler in the shot falls short. Well, now that we have our own range of man-sized minis (well the beastman at 38mm to the eye is a bit bigger than a typical 30-32mm man actually) we can show you! All side by side shots, the beast is the same in all the shots as he is left in place between each shot.
It also gives us an excuse to show off some awesome paint jobs.

Rose of Ker-Ys, sculpted by Stephane Simon http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/?p=466

THE ROSE OF KER-YS, WITCHLING
In the darkness that is Ker-Ys there are beings that none would wish to encounter, creatures that crawl and beasts that slither, abhorrent monsters of dark thought and darker intent, but to many the sheer depravity of man is the foullest or, indeed, most enthralling aspect of that fell city. The Rose of Ker-Ys is a pure embodiment of that perversion, a seductress with little regard for the wants or lives of others, a witchling whose only purpose is to fulfil her desires whatever form they take and with whatever subject they require man, woman or beast. Her devotees and supplicants are legion both inside and outside of Ker-Ys and her power grows with every soul that falls under her spell, for each seduction she effects is magik of a kind, a puppeteers dance that serves to feed her debased virtue and from which few escape from with a sound mind.

We recently announced a price deduction across our range (how many mini companies do that!) and also have discounted the RRP of our own minis by 10% on our webstore.

More info including background, more pics etc http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/banelegions/
Webstore http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=cat&cre=min-blg&sou=cat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-11, 06:08 PM

Quase's Flag is: Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom Games View Post
Right guys,
Well, now that we have our own range of man-sized minis (well the beastman at 38mm to the eye is a bit bigger than a typical 30-32mm man actually) we can show you! All side by side shots, the beast is the same in all the shots as he is left in place between each shot.
It also gives us an excuse to show off some awesome paint jobs.
In a lot of gaming-circles, a fig charged with that task is called a 'Barry'; there's quite a lot of them around the net, even though none at 38mm, but as long as we know he's that height, he'll do just fine

In any case, I appreciate the effort, especially since for this range it is (well, now it 'was') quite difficult to grasp the size of the figs.

Also, that Witchlong Rose of Ker-Ys fig is plain awesome!
She wouldn't look bad next to my John Blanch 'Feme Militant figs either. I'm guessing she's 38mm too?
That would just be perfect!
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-15-11, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Barry hey? That's quite convenient we've nicknamed our stunt guy 'Billy'

Rose is quite tall for a human (must be the high heels!). She's 35mm to the eye, erm vision slits.....

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-16-11, 02:11 PM

Quase's Flag is: Belgium

Again, thanks for the info...
I can't make it to Salute (I'm not from the UK), but I will find someone who can pick her up for me
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-21-11, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Rose's mind slave - Ulric the Defiler.

ULRIC THE DEFILER, AUTONOMOR
Ulric the Defiler’s life is consumed by death and the act of delivering it to others, an existence of blood and pain, of little mercy and no remorse. His ax is a metronomic killer of uncommon sharpness, some say magickal, some say a part of Ulric himself, for he wields it as if it were born to him; and still others believe it is the ax that controls Ulric, that it is possessed, for how could a man of letters wield such a weapon so fearsomely, so wickedly? The answer is that Ulric is an autonomor, a warrior of death who – through seduction and sacrifice – has become a devotee of the Rose herself, a man for whom nothing matters but her will, for her next kill, her next bloodbath, a man who has forgotten his previous life and calling for a sliver of her affection. Such is the fate of those that fall for her debased enchantments, regardless of their origins, for whatever they were beforehand the Rose knows they will do her will afterward, no matter the form of that will.

40mm to the 'eye' 25mm sq base, resin.

Bane Legion blog http://banelegions.maelstromgames.co.uk/?p=472

Pre-order http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/inde...nl_cha_004_000
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-11, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

GUILLAUME LE PLERIN, VAGRANT KNIGHT
None know of Guillaume le Plerin’s origins but all realise that to ask the man himself would be a quick way to an early grave, for his wrath is legendary and his sword sharp. All he will ever say is that he is a pilgrim, a wanderer looking for his own kind of peace and to be left to his own path. It is others that name him a vagrant knight, a warrior with no allegiance to any lord or land, a wildsman of Frankia with an obviously martial past, but the Merovingian court know nothing of him and no templar will admit to being his brother-in-arms. So it is that Guillaume will descend upon the beast, the warrior and the demon alike without rhyme or reason, seemingly with no agenda or motive, but to the patricians and kingmakers Guillaume must be more than a wild card, cannot just be a simple chance occurrence that can change destinies, alter carefully-designed artifices with a single swipe of his sword; he must be a driven man, driven by another, one with designs of his own. This is why he is hated and feared, for he cannot be bought and he cannot be swayed, and all who try never return.

Sculpted by one of the best - Remy Tremblay! As always cast in high quality resin Guillame (on foot) is 30mm to the eye. 20mm sq base, mounted is 25mm x 50mm.

More info: http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/banelegions/

Pre-order http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/inde...nl_cha_003_000
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-29-11, 06:10 AM

Mr.Juggernaught's Flag is: Australia

They look nice and have places in most GW armies I don't know if they will have like a system for gaming or not though.

Sir Nom Nom will eat your brains if you dare not to click on him. Where do you think he got his name?
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-29-11, 10:13 AM

callred's Flag is: United Kingdom

saw the painted version of Ulric The Defiler in the shop yesterday alongside Rose and the others in the range and he is very very nice - the scult is exquisite and the figure is full of detail and menace in his pose - as for scale issues it looks to me (from outside the glass cabinet) that he would be simular to a large chaos lord and Rose is probably slightly larger than a standard norm size DE - hope that helps a bit

5th ed Black Templars W-9, D-4, L-14
4th ed Tourney Grey Knights (Retired) W-3, D-4, L-9
5th ed Grey Knights W-3, D-1, L-5

I KNEW THAT SOMEDAY I WAS GONNA DIE / AND I KNEW BEFORE I DIED TWO THINGS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME / THAT NUMBER ONE I WOULD REGRET MY ENTIRE LIFE / AND NUMBER TWO I WOULD WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE OVER AGAIN

QUOTE BY: HUBERT SELBY JR. (1928-2004)
QUOTED: SOUNDBITE IN OF WALKING ABORTION
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-05-11, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

EREC ONE-ARM, DWARF OF CRN CORM

The bull-necked, sour-tempered Erec One-Arm of Crn Corm was once an engineer of note, a constructor of machinery and apparatus beyond the ken of man and lf alike. Even among his fellow dwarfs, Erec was unique in his understanding of artifice, the manner in which engines and other such contrivances worked and, indeed, could work, and he guarded his secrets well for amongst the bond-cities and gun-mines there was not one dwarf to match the prowess he displayed in his craft. That changed irrevocably when he lost his left arm and most of his work and equipment to the ever wild Oghurithne. Embittered but determined, Erec re-made himself with steel and wires and ingenuity, vowing vengeance upon the woad-devils of the western reaches, a vengeance that drove him to the host of Crn Corm for which he bears the standard of Kul-Kunn himself. It is said that he wields it and his ancient, un-named runebound hammer like the dwarf-rrs of old, full of the violence and fury of Branriach itself, the firemountain where the dwarfs themselves were born in ages past.

Sculpted by Mohand. Up for pre-order now. 23mm to the eye high quality resin, 20mm base.

http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/inde...re=min-blg-bnl
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 04-06-11, 12:19 AM

callred's Flag is: United Kingdom

Am liking very very much - tempting me more and more with each release if only they weren't so close !!!!!!

5th ed Black Templars W-9, D-4, L-14
4th ed Tourney Grey Knights (Retired) W-3, D-4, L-9
5th ed Grey Knights W-3, D-1, L-5

I KNEW THAT SOMEDAY I WAS GONNA DIE / AND I KNEW BEFORE I DIED TWO THINGS WOULD HAPPEN TO ME / THAT NUMBER ONE I WOULD REGRET MY ENTIRE LIFE / AND NUMBER TWO I WOULD WANT TO LIVE MY LIFE OVER AGAIN

QUOTE BY: HUBERT SELBY JR. (1928-2004)
QUOTED: SOUNDBITE IN OF WALKING ABORTION

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode