Incoming: Tomb Kings (Now with Pictures .) - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

Default Incoming: Tomb Kings (Now with Pictures .)

Up on GW website.

Quote:
An ancient race that has lain dormant for thousands of years, the Tomb Kings now awaken from within their ancient burial pyramids. Cheated from the eternal life that they were promised, the Tomb Kings are instead doomed to an eternal undeath - awakened they thirst for vengeance against those who would disturb their slumber.

At the command of these undying lords march legions of implacable Skeleton Warriors, hosts of chariots crewed by long-dead crewmen and towering statues carved from unyielding stone.

The armies of the Tomb Kings are vast, unstoppable hordes that know neither fear nor remorse - and they shall not rest until all who stand against them are laid low.

This May Warhammer: Tomb Kings is released, containing everything you need to use the legions of Nehekhara in your games of Warhammer.

Alongside the new book we'll also be releases a slew of amazing new miniatures for Tomb Kings players to collect and add to their armies. Details are being kept firmly under wraps for now, but more details will be available over the coming months. To make sure you're the first to see the new models and read the latest news keep your eyes fixed to the pages of White Dwarf, the Games Workshop newsletter and the What's New Today blog.

In the meantime, if you're a Tomb Kings player (or thinking about becoming one) it's time to start building up your Undead hordes in preparation for the new arrivals. So, out with the large drybrush (and the pot of Bleached Bone) and onwards to glory!

Presented below are two exclusive sneak peeks at the upcoming releases. Please keep checking back on the website, and in White Dwarf for more information in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscount Vash View Post
I have just joy soiled my undergarments!

Tomb King.

Tomb Guard.

Sepulchral Stalkers

Necropolis Knights

War Sphinx.

Tomb Sphinx.

There go my Wages then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianavatar View Post
Okie pics... Credit goes to starfyreXXX

Overall I guess they are okay. The skeletons riding the giant snakes look a little odd.

Last edited by Viscount Vash; 04-06-11 at 04:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 09:37 AM
The Hebrew Hammer

The Son of Horus's Flag is: USA

Oh fuck yes-- it's about time. I've always dug the Egyptian look for the undead, and it's bugged me that Tomb Kings haven't been a particularly playable army for years.

Simultaneously, oh fuck no. I bet they'll have a $40 army book and charge you $35 for 10 skeletons. My poor checking account...

IN THE US? ASK ME HOW TO GET 10% OFF GAMES WORKSHOP PRODUCTS!

My homebrew Space Marine Chapter: The Astartes Lions Rampant

post #3 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 09:46 AM

arlins's Flag is: England

I was asked which army id play if i did WHF and i said tomb kings , as my local GW only had one box of warriors and nothing else ( a sure sign of a update acc to themanager , hey he wasnt wrong ) i never acted on it .
Now it looks like im going to start WHF , ive always been a sucker for skeleton warriors

post #4 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 09:52 AM

This is good, I do love my Vampire Counts army and I like getting value for money out of my troops heh. Hopefully Mantic will produce some undead Bowmen to go with their Not-Screaming Skull Catapults.

Aramoro

"Violence isn't the answer, I just like getting it wrong on purpose"

Sally Forth! - My Gaming Blog
post #5 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 10:27 AM

Talking to a Satff member, the rumour and talk is that this release is going to be a 'strange one'. Exactly what that means is not clear to anyone, yet, although the rumours I have heard (and both of these, I believe, originate on Warseer and both discussed with said Staff member who is as unsure as anyone on which is true) are:
1. There are going to be re-done versions of old kits, which might include such things as plastic Ushabti and Bone Giant.
2. None of the units in the book at the moment are being re-done, the new kits (plastics I would assume) are all being devoted to the new units in the new Army Book.
Either way, the word is that what's being released is very, very special. Whatever transpires, if the trend in new plastic kits continues, I am perfectly ready to believe in the specialness of whatever is released.
Please don't ask me anything else as I don't know anything except what I've posted. If anything is let slip, then I'll post it if I think it won't get anyone into trouble.

GFP
post #6 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 10:29 AM

GreenFaceMonkey's Flag is: England

It says towering statues of stone, i wander if that means a very large and nasty sphynx? Or what would be even cooler would be a giant anubis like avatar.
Be interesting to see whats coming

http://www.nortonarmouries.com/about-us/ Makers of armour for films such as Gladiator and Kingdom of heaven, but also TV series such as Game of Thrones and Merlin. Check them out!
post #7 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 11:00 AM

To me, every fantasy release is just time that i'm not getting a 40k release...

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)
post #8 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
To me, every fantasy release is just time that i'm not getting a 40k release...
That's because you're a soulless husk of a human being, ironically perfect for a Tomb Kings Army. Strange but true.

Aramoro

post #9 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramoro View Post
That's because you're a soulless husk of a human being, ironically perfect for a Tomb Kings Army. Strange but true.
Haha, I just started my necron army. I so wish we were getting new stuff for crons instead of tomb kings right now...damn.

4,220 CSM
2,320 Necrons
1,870 eldar
1,000 witch hunters (trying to get rid of this)
1,000 SM (trying to get rid of this)
680 Tau (newest addition)
post #10 of 144 (permalink) Old 02-14-11, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
Haha, I just started my necron army. I so wish we were getting new stuff for crons instead of tomb kings right now...damn.
You should be looking at the conversion opportunities Tomb Kings will give. Necrons are essentially Tomb Kings IN SPAAAAAAAAACCCEEEEEE. Lot of plastic Tomb King kits will really help make some pretty ace looking Necron Armies.

Aramoro

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode