40k MMO now due in March of 2013 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Default 40k MMO now due in March of 2013

Apparently, the 40K MMO has been pushed back to 2013

** LOUD JARRING CHORDS **

"NOBODY expects the Deathwing Assaulting Fortress of Redemption! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Lion.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."

"Now, Interrogator-Chaplain Biggles...Fetch the CUSHIONS!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 11:01 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

Pushed back?

I don't think they ever gave a date, or claimed it was closer than a couple of years off.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 11:02 PM
Banned
Azkaellon's Flag is: Canada

Well then screw that bring on Old Republic

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

the last date was Q4 2012

"NOBODY expects the Deathwing Assaulting Fortress of Redemption! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Lion.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."

post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 11:19 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

If they allow marines as a playable faction im not buying it, Jedi ruined star wars galaxies, bring on old republic

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

Well, Marines kinda have to be part of it, or they are throwing away an entire faction IE CSM.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 11:44 PM
Village Idiot

Kalshinko's Flag is: USA

Yes Maarines are playable, I don't see how this ruins the game. It's not like they are going to be a true marine statline. Even if GW made marines as should be they woul have a 10 man squad take up all your points.

I should change my name to Number 1. Not because I am conceited but because thats what I always roll at inopportune moments.

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 11:44 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsulis View Post
Well, Marines kinda have to be part of it, or they are throwing away an entire faction IE CSM.
i dont have an issue with them being in it, they just should not be playable, A marine would not just do the MMO things, going awol from the chapter to loot a dungeon would get them renegade status im sure.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-11, 11:52 PM Thread Starter

From what I understand it is so far restricted to one system at start, and the only footage of the Marine faction has been of the Black Templars.

As to marines running around sending one to a planet isn't unheard of, or running kill team missions for a mixed bag if it ever gets that far.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-11, 12:41 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
i dont have an issue with them being in it, they just should not be playable, A marine would not just do the MMO things, going awol from the chapter to loot a dungeon would get them renegade status im sure.
All of THQ's games have only used the 40K source material as a guideline - they don't stick to it too closely, so in THQ's version of the 40K Universe it'll be perfectly fine to run around killing Grots, delivering their hats to the Company Captain or something along those lines.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode