Ultramarines the Movie Survey - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Default Ultramarines the Movie Survey

Hello everybody,

As you might have noticed there have been quite some discussions going on about “Ultramarines the Movie”. Many forums have movie review threads and the fans’ reactions span from one extreme to the other.

In order to better assess the impact the movie had had on the community, an extensive survey has been created. The idea is for as many people as possible who have watched the movie to fill it in and a thorough statistical analysis will then be performed on the collected data. The results should give a pretty solid impression of how people reacted to the movie and why. The information could also prove useful in order to improve any next W40k movies, if there will be any.

Please note that people who have not watched the movie and who will probably never do so (e.g. they refuse to for whatever reason) also have the opportunity to fill in the survey. In this case, questions concerning the movie will be omitted. Instead, questions as to why you will not watch it will be asked.

Please let as many people who have seen the movie know about this survey! You can send the link to friends by email. You could also talk about this survey in your local gaming store.
The more people fill it in, the more solid the results get. Please help us make the results as representative as possible!

This is a project from the fans for the fans and it has NO affiliation with Codex Pictures, Games Workshop or any other company involved with the Warhammer franchise.

If you have any questions and/or if you want the results to be sent to you via email, please write to this address: [email protected]

In any case, the results of this survey will be posted on this forum as well as on a couple of others.

Thank you so much!

Link:

https://cms2.unige.ch/outils/limesur...test=Y&lang=en

I would like to thank the admin for allowing me to post this link on Heresy Online!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 09:42 AM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Filled in.

Good question.

Might I suggest you add one?

Do you think future movies should be animated or live action?

It'd be interesting to see the general consensus on this as a lot of people I've spoken to think a live action movie would be better.
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 09:47 AM

5tonsledge's Flag is: USA

i havent seen the movie, but honestly the animation looks a little dated. it seems that the ultra marines got plent of attention of detail, but the rest of the movie looks like counter strike source running on a piece of shit emachine with no graphics card.

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 10:18 AM
Where is Jessica Hyde?

humakt's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5tonsledge View Post
i havent seen the movie, but honestly the animation looks a little dated. it seems that the ultra marines got plent of attention of detail, but the rest of the movie looks like counter strike source running on a piece of shit emachine with no graphics card.

The animation is much better in the movie than in the trailers. I'd say you need to see it before making a judgement.

Your toast has been burnt and no amount of scraping will get rid of the black bits.
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humakt View Post
The animation is much better in the movie than in the trailers. I'd say you need to see it before making a judgement.
ok cool i just got nervous because the trailers really are bad. im really hoping it will be good because if it is i wouldnt mind showing friends that dont play the game in hopes that it will suck them in.
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 10:58 AM
Franksta88's Flag is: Australia

it's still crap animation, they should have used the same animation style from DOW2 opening movie.
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 11:05 AM
Slave to Heresy!
Jezlad's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franksta88 View Post
it's still crap animation, they should have used the same animation style from DOW2 opening movie.
I must be the only person that thought the Dow trailers were crappy...
post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 11:11 AM

really i thought DoW original was good. the expansions were crap though. also warhammer battle march trailers always give me goose bumps
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 11:29 AM

Oldenhaller's Flag is: United Kingdom

post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 01-21-11, 11:53 AM
Great Unclean One

Svartmetall's Flag is: Wales

Filled in; I gave most things a 6 or 7, but 9s for the voice acting and atmosphere/fluff accuracy. I'll be the first to say the film isn't perfect by any means, but it is an enjoyable thing to watch and we should be suporting it to make sure more are made. And I'd love to see a live-action 40K film, but seriously you're going to need the sort of budgets only a Spielberg (think about it - Spielberg, with his 'Saving Private Ryan' head on, could make an apocalyptically amazing 40K film) or a Cameron (with his Aliens, Terminators and Avatar head on, likewise) can command to do it properly. And unless it's a Spielberg or a Cameron doing it, then the people who decided to hate 'Ultramarines...' long before they ever saw it (while still claiming to be fans of the hobby) will just decide to hate the live-action one even more.

Oh and I voted for Space Wolves - sorry, Vlka Fenryka - versus Death Guard for the next one. I can't see any way that wouldn't be fun to watch.

The ever-growing horde of Death Guard: Pandemic
Nurgle Daemons army: Angels of Disease
Death Guard fiction: 'Incursion'
Nurgle 101 Tutorial

THE IMPERIUM TONIGHT #1, #2, #3

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode