Furioso dreadnought sprues *warning pic heavy* - Page 4 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 12:37 AM

Astorath333's Flag is: Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsandkits View Post
christ ! i can see those been popular
It's between that and a blood fist or twin blood talons.....generating attack after attack until the squad is dead oooo decisions, decisions
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 12:39 AM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

looks like the magna grapple is on the sprue as well

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 12:44 AM

Astorath333's Flag is: Ireland

The thing on the bottom right? Yea I guess it could be. Looks a little smaller than expected, but ya can't have everything.

post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 01:39 AM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
christ ! i can see those been popular
More than that mate - those will be an easy Multi-Melta conversion arm, cheaper than buying an AoBR Dread, and fits the Ven Dread body better.

Get stocking up now!
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 10:27 AM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
looks great, also liking that heavy bolter design and wondering what those three armoury type bits are on the top left hand side? hoods? shoulder pads?
Knee/thigh/calf armour, there are matching plates on the lower left too, total of 6 plates you can mix and match on the legs.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 12:10 PM
nice boy, daft though !

I love the fact that the blood angels have got a chapter specific Dread and Tank in the Baal and i hope its a sign of things to come for other armies, obviously these kits are a result of rapid prototyping and CAD, but i hope to god that other armies outside of the 5 big chapters of marines will be afforded the same level of detail, for example Ork's have been a massive success in terms of relaunching the range and sales, but they are still generic "ORKS" it would be nice to see some clan elements in the mini's or vehicles or the more obvious choice would be the Chaos Legions, can we expect to see legion specific kits for the ruinous powers?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 12:25 PM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

Quote:
I love the fact that the blood angels have got a chapter specific Dread and Tank in the Baal and i hope its a sign of things to come for other armies, obviously these kits are a result of rapid prototyping and CAD, but i hope to god that other armies outside of the 5 big chapters of marines will be afforded the same level of detail, for example Ork's have been a massive success in terms of relaunching the range and sales, but they are still generic "ORKS" it would be nice to see some clan elements in the mini's or vehicles or the more obvious choice would be the Chaos Legions, can we expect to see legion specific kits for the ruinous powers?
My buddy Dan plays Eldar and him and I were discussing this very thing about the Craftworlds. It would be so simple to write an Eldar codex that when you took a certain HQ it changes the FOC for you and you could do different things. Meq Heavy (Sam Hain) Ghost Army (That craftworld that is running out of guys and uses Wraithlords very heavy), etc. This could be done so very easy and Eldar players would eat that shit up, as not everyone wants to play the standard "Eldar Army"
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 12:58 PM
I Piss in your Cheerios

TheKingElessar's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OIIIIIIO View Post
My buddy Dan plays Eldar and him and I were discussing this very thing about the Craftworlds. It would be so simple to write an Eldar codex that when you took a certain HQ it changes the FOC for you and you could do different things. Meq Heavy (Sam Hain) Ghost Army (That craftworld that is running out of guys and uses Wraithlords very heavy), etc. This could be done so very easy and Eldar players would eat that shit up, as not everyone wants to play the standard "Eldar Army"
Iyanden. Ghost Warriors are predominantly from Iyanden.

However, the Craftworld Eldar book gave players a false impression...the major Craftworlds are the size of a small planet...they have everythnig the Eldar could ever possibly field, and more, on each of them - Saim Hann Ghost Warriors exist, as do Biel-Tan Guardians and Ulthwe Aspect Warriors, Alaitoc Jetbikes etc etc.

Just because a unit is iconic is no reason to force its use - Cassius doesn't make Tyranid Hunters (Sternguard) Troops after all.
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 02:38 PM

Sethis's Flag is: United Kingdom

It wouldn't be "forcing" it's use, it'd just be presenting more options for customising your army.

Eldrad: BS4/WS4 Guardians
Spiritseer Farseers: Wraithguard troops regardless of size
Some ranger special character: Changes to pathfinder/ranger squads
Wild Rider character: Vypers as troops, changes to jetbikes
Court of the Young King/Autarch: Aspects as Troops.

If you want to run Eldrad but have no guardians, you can. If you want a Spiritseer for your one squad of 6 Wraithguard, you can. Anything to move away from Jetseer and Mechdar being the only ways to play the army.

In a similar vein, lots of people take Baron from the DE codex. That doen't mean that the only troops they take are Hellions.

90% of people think they are above average.

Statistically Improbable. Psychologically Inevitable.
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 01-15-11, 04:04 PM
nice boy, daft though !

Not exactly what i was getting at but i understand the point, personally i like the eldar as they are but could get behind changes that allowed a craftworld feel if thats what a player wanted to do using the character unlocks this unit as troop choice for example.
But what im really trying to get at is that i would like to see a craftworld specific unit so to speak or more usefull would be parts to make my tanks,bikes and troops belong to a craftworld, eldar isnt really a good example as we are lead to believe that what we see in terms of models is just the tip of the iceberg and other aspect shrines exist of existed and that the range of hardware and tech available is vast and we only see the most common.
But another example would be Orks, would you be willing to buy an Evil suns upgrade sprue? decals are one thing but they dont come close to sculpted detail.

But my dream and hopefuly the alleged dreadful chaos codex will give birth to my idea at some point is that we see legion specific codex or at least chaos power specific codex, with unique and expanded units /hardware in the same vain as the Furioso and baal, So as an example a Khorne book with various assult troops and new weapon types created either pre or post heresy but not available outside of the power but more importantly a range of models to go with it, im a massive fan of the world eater stuff produced by forgeworld because they are not just a shoulder pad or a helmet, its a combined effort of all the pieces that sets the models apart from other chaos troops, i know thats obvious but the corruption and change caused by chaos is very evident in the model and i think that is important, a chaos marine model at the moment has less differences to a standard vanila marine than some of the loyalist chapter marines

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode