Necron rumors - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Default Necron rumors

From Sticky Monkey over at warseer:

Quote:
Looks like the dead machines may rise again in 2011. I have good information that Necrons should see a revision following GK. What I have heard:

New Codex drops mid year.
WBB changes to FNP for "most" units
New HQ options include "One" new C'Tan. Nightbringer and Deceiver to get new models...and at least one will have optional "incarnations"
New Tomb Spider plastic model. option to create alternate model that is Heavy artillery.
New fast cc focus unit. jump infantry. warrior sized.
new models for immortals.
new "tank" - could be the TS based artillery just referenced from different source.
new MC walker - likely the rumored "Necronmancer" - may be HQ or Heavy-conflicting rumors here.
New plastic Lord with all options.
New named Lord metal blister
New Monolith option...not represented in models to be released.

Also, in other rumors, August is being banted about as Tyranid 2nd wave. To include:
Doom blister
Tyrannofex plastic with options to build as Tervigon - unreliable rumor as to the optional build, but I'm throwing it in
Harpy
Tyranid direct only lashwhip bonesword upgrade blister for warriors
"yrmgarll?" direct only genestealer blister...like flashgit model, one pose, direct only.

On the flyer front. There's a rumor of a thunderbolt fighter in design for plastic...from the sound its very early, and if other rumors are true of a "flyer" WD supplemental release, it would not make that cut.

As always, my rumors are typically far off and subject to change. but so far ive got a better hit to miss ratio...hopefully GK wont ruin my record...

Cheers
Enjoy

and from Captain Ventris
Quote:
Got another bit of info for everyone, not just on the C'Tan but on the Codex in general, Salt to taste...

Necron Rule: Confers Slow & Purposeful, Feel no Pain, Stubborn

Gauss Flayer: Weapons with the Gauss Flayer Rule have Rending, additionally against vehicles, this rending confers an additional D6 for armor Penetration instead of the normal D3

Disruption Fields: Models with Disruption fields have the Rending special rule for all their attacks made in the Assault Phase

Those Without Souls: Models with this rule are completely immune to psychic powers. In addition they cause all models with the psyker rule (and any unit they are with) within 12" to take a morale test at the begining of their turn exactly as if they had taken 25% casualties from shooting

TwS is supposed to be for the Paraiahs. Disruption Fields are standard on Flayed Ones and Scarab Swarms, bought as an upgrade to Immortals and Lords

Gauss Flayer is for mostly all of their shooting attacks and Necron Rule wll be for Lords, Warriors, Flayed Ones, Wraiths, Destroyers, Immortals, and The Necromancer. Supposedly Wraiths and Destroyers ignore the S&P part though.
The last i had heard regarding the C'tan was that they were going apoc, and the current entries were going to be more like an avatar.

** LOUD JARRING CHORDS **

"NOBODY expects the Deathwing Assaulting Fortress of Redemption! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency.... Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Lion.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again."

"Now, Interrogator-Chaplain Biggles...Fetch the CUSHIONS!"

Last edited by exsulis; 12-14-10 at 01:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 09:08 PM
Punx For Life

jimmy gunn's Flag is: England

hope so, I've been thinking of doing some Necrons after my marine's,
If this go's ahead that will seal the deal.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 09:17 PM
Unfinished Project King

Midge913's Flag is: USA

Interesting stuff on the nid's second wave release........ Looking forward to seeing if some of that holds true.

Commissions, Project Logs, and Galleries
Follow me on Twitter: @MidgesWorkshop. You can aslo follow me on face book Here

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-13-10, 09:22 PM

Looks like I got into necrons at the right time. Bit bummed out about the new models for the c'tan though I JUST BOUGHT THEM.

Don't give me rep, just poke My Bum ... and then give me rep.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 03:45 AM

StalkerZero's Flag is: USA

Pretty exciting rumors. May have to stock up on Immortals (I currently love the models) but I know if I do that and the rumor about the new models turns out true they'll be amazing new models and I'll want them.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 05:33 AM

Horacus's Flag is: Mexico

I just got a Nightbringer and 2 troops as a gift from a friend, so that be nice to see hehehe.

It's time to purge them. Give them no quarter, no mercy. Slain them, impale them, destroy them. Make them wish they were death. Let them burn, let them suffer and let them listen to our battlecry. ˇAll Praises! ˇChaos Victor!".-Chaos Lord Pertinax at the siege of Fevelfosk.
"For each hero's song, thousands die alone...unsung and unrememberd." Anonymous.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 06:43 AM

Thoughtweaver's Flag is: Canada

Thanks for bringing these rumours in, Exsulis. They're looking mighty tasty for those Necron players that are still about, and also enticing for new players both.

I'm pretty sure I won't be climbing on this particular bandwagon, but it is fantastic to see the non-Imperials getting some pretty sweet stuff. Besides, my Archon needs some new statues for his throne room. ;)

Edit: And the thought of a plastic Lord is encouraging that they may spread the plastic love to other HQ choices that have a lot of equipment options...like my dear haemonculis/haemonculi(?). Hey, a guy can hope, right?

Last edited by Thoughtweaver; 12-14-10 at 06:48 AM.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 06:57 AM
Eastern Potent

Lord Sven Kittyclaw's Flag is: Canada

Rending on pretty much all their weapons? Seems a little far off to me. Especially if basic warriors get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
I'll update from Prisoner Cell Block Nerd when they extradite me.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 07:01 AM

StalkerZero's Flag is: USA

I will be deeply sad to lose WBB if it happens. I know that really FNP and WBB aren't all too different in some aspects but the flavor of the two abilities is very different.

It's something I really think defines Necrons (as does Phase Out).
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-14-10, 12:31 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkerZero View Post
Pretty exciting rumors. May have to stock up on Immortals (I currently love the models) but I know if I do that and the rumor about the new models turns out true they'll be amazing new models and I'll want them.
I'd wait given the rumour the new models for them are to be on a bigger scale.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode