World Eaters Tactica on GW website - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-20-10, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Default World Eaters Tactica on GW website

Just thought that I would post this up to you blood frenzied heretics out there... It is a heretical tactica, written by a heretic, so read at your own risk... And anyone found using these tactics to anything else than countering the Chaos forces, will be executed by the Inquistion... You have been warned...

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...00011a&start=1

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 07:41 AM

Bane_of_Kings's Flag is: England

post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 08:53 AM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

I'm not sure, maybe hes playing with the never-to-be-released 5th ed CSM Codex, since the Khornate Daemon Prince is the most retarded thing in our Codex (which is a big deal, considering the content of our Codex). Same goes for the Dreadnought: if you never ever roll a one its actually pretty nice but once you do you're going to get hurt (unless of course if the terrain favours you and you can hide the Dreadnought somewhere where he can't see your own units only your opponent's - and we all know how likely that is).

Otherwise its kinda nice, since the Termies can replace the close range tank-opening firepower of the missing pair of Oblits, while the Tanks provide what the Oblits suck at: long-ranged firepower. Though I'd use that classic 100 point beast, a Predator with AC and HB sponsons.

But then again you can bet your ass hes using the exact same Lash Prince-Berzerker-Obliterator setup like everyone else. So I'm not sure if its a troll tactica or not. Oh and notice how its not... well... anything else? Not Thousand Sons, not Noise Marines, and not even Plague Marines, its your one and only Khorne Berzerkers.

EDIT: OH AND LOL AT FOOTSLOGGING BERSERKERS AND 60 POINT RHINO.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons

Last edited by Khorothis; 09-21-10 at 09:06 AM.

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 10:11 AM
Katie Drake's Flag is: Canada

... why is Games Workshop legally allowed to post tactics for their own games? They suck at it.

Khornate Daemon Princes are crap. You're better off just going with a Prince with Warptime and wings since the psychic power will do more damage than the additional Attack will. Of course this is a themed army so it makes sense to include a Khornate Prince, but it's still not the optimal pick.

Dreadnoughts are bad. I don't care what supposed tactics you use, that thing is going to fail and suck in at least as many games as it does decently.

Quote:
Otherwise its kinda nice, since the Termies can replace the close range tank-opening firepower of the missing pair of Oblits, while the Tanks provide what the Oblits suck at: long-ranged firepower. Though I'd use that classic 100 point beast, a Predator with AC and HB sponsons.
I actually like his inclusion of Terminators, though he is taking too many of them for my tastes. A single unit of 8 would be awesome, but he's dropping around 700 points on two units... a bit too much. The Obliterators are a great choice, his army could do with more of them. The Predator is pants-on-head retarded with the setup he's chosen. They're just a bit too expensive for moving walls. If he insists on rolling with single weapon Predators, at least give them lascannons so they can feasibly damage any target. The one with only an autocannon turret is a special kind of dumb.

Quote:
But then again you can bet your ass hes using the exact same Lash Prince-Berzerker-Obliterator setup like everyone else. So I'm not sure if its a troll tactica or not. Oh and notice how its not... well... anything else? Not Thousand Sons, not Noise Marines, and not even Plague Marines, its your one and only Khorne Berzerkers.

EDIT: OH AND LOL AT FOOTSLOGGING BERSERKERS AND 60 POINT RHINO.
No, he's not actually. He's playing a themed army. GW employees have this freakish ability to ignore reality and prance in fields of flowers where you can take retarded units and not be completely crippled by them. Mind you, when you're playing against people with similar points of view it's probably not as damaging as it could be.

I also had to laugh at the suggestion to walk your Khorne Berserkers behind your Rhinos instead of driving in them. That makes so little sense I'm actually having a hard time accepting that he's legitimately suggesting it.

Also: Chaos Spawn. Oh dear.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 10:56 AM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Drake View Post
GW employees have this freakish ability to ignore reality and prance in fields of flowers where you can take retarded units and not be completely crippled by them.
Fukken Sigged For Truth. Oh and

The only use Chaos Spawns have is when you turn something retardedly powerful into a braying mass of disturbing meat. The reactions people make are priceless, and the esuing rage and baaawww is always a picture I cherish.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 03:54 PM

They are bad because they are trying to sell product. Spawn? Chaos Predators? Khorne DPs? Seriously, it is like Transformers back in the mid-'80's. The cartoon was just a half hour commercial for the toys, so of course the newest ones were the coolest in the show (except for Optimus Prime, no one was a bigger bad-ass than him.)

Same with GW products and tactics. Write an 'authoritative' article on the tactics for an army that has pieces you want to sell and the kiddos that don't follow the rest of the Internet, only the G-Dub site, will be frothing at the mouth to pick up those spawn or whatever. Remember, you don't need Rhinos (because they only cost $35 and the margin is probably higher on other pieces/boxes) you can always run your dudes behind these other things that are more expensive.

A baby seal walked into a club.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 04:25 PM

nobody has mentioned how the author of this tactica mentions running his DP behind his zerkers for that coversave... well, you'd have to be a pretty lenient opponent to allow that - since he's a MC who stands 2.5x the height of a zerker...
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 04:29 PM

Mart007's Flag is: England

Why march your units behind the Rhino? - Put them in them damned thing then they can move 12" at least for the first turn. Then do 6" disembark...

post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 04:51 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Also his suggestion for marching his dp behind the berzerkers becomes even stupider when you realize your DP is walking, instead of flying just to get a 1+ better cover save then his built in Inv save already confers.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 08:13 PM

Unforgiven302's Flag is: USA

That should be titled, "How NOT to make a Khorne list for 40k."

A pair of Land Raiders over the predators, spawn, oblits, DP and personal icons. Assault vehicles for terminators = awesome.
Dreadnought needs 2 dccw arms, not lascannons and a missile launcher. Better yet, take a CC defiler and be done with it.
Get two rhinos for the price of his points sink solo rhino.
Where is Kharn?!?! A real World Eaters list has to include Kharn.

I really like how they say to run zerkers behind a rhino. Don't put your guys inside that ARMORED TRANSPORT, yeah, I'll be sure to try that...
That makes about as much sense as me taking a bath with my toaster.

Poor GW, they can make the rules, the models and all the other stuff, but they sure as hell do not know how to use what they made. Sad really.

Last edited by Unforgiven302; 09-21-10 at 08:15 PM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode