World Eaters Tactica on GW website - Page 2 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 08:30 PM

johnnymajic's Flag is: Canada

Wade definitely knows the modeling side of the hobby, but not so much the playing side of it. His army looks great and his conversions are quite nice (google wade's world eaters for tuts and wips) but that's about all the good things I can say about his army
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

So... Basically we have learned that GW staff members are bad players, or what?

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-21-10, 11:25 PM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

The following has to be pointed out... these are the people that are supposed to balance, and enhance the game!

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come

post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 12:32 AM

Credit where credit's due, the man's army is a thing of beauty.

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 10:30 AM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Nicely painted. Too bad thats all GW employes are good at doing. I have not seen a Tatica article worth the paper its printed on from these guys ever. Oh well...
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 02:27 PM

Again, it is because they are in the business of selling miniatures, not writing articles on proper competitive level play. The article was clearly pimping the new Daemon Prince model, Spawn and Predators. Maybe other things that don't get used in the common Lash list to which I was not paying attention. They like to show off the things that are non-standard in order to try to help them sell stuff.

A baby seal walked into a club.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
They like to show off the things that are non-standard in order to try to help them sell stuff.
They're non-standard because they suck!
Why not spend your time fixing the bloody thing instead of write a fucking god awful tactica!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
I'd rather take my chances at the end of Kharn the betrayers axe, while Typhus sneezes on me Ahriman pokes me with tentacles and Lucius rapes my leg (Abby can sit in the corner crying) than with the imperium.

post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-22-10, 08:37 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic Banana View Post
Why not spend your time fixing the bloody thing instead of write a fucking god awful tactica!?
The goal is that you buy stuff. The means of achieving this goal are irrelevant, so long as the goal is achieved. Consequently, if a low quality tactica can make mentally challenged customers buy models of questionable worth gaming-wise then it is what they will write, and most likely on a whim. Unfortunately, customer satisfaction doesn't seem to be on the to-do list of GW. From the looks of it, if they release something thats edible to the point of actually being good (read: at least reasonably competitive), it is either a coincidence or a Space Marine Codex.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 08:40 AM

The Sullen One's Flag is: United Kingdom

The biggest problem with the tactica that I can see is that it's dealing with an army that's far to big for normal games. How many of us regularly play 2'500 point games?

That said his ideas aren't to bad. While I'm not sure how his Daemon Prince has managed to get a cover save (a blessing of Khorne perhaps?), his idea of deep striking the termies and oblits probably takes some of the heat off his Berzerkers.

All in all, he must be doing something right because he seems to have been using that army for ages.

My painting log - Misadventures of a Cack-Handed Painter: https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=93419
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gochu85
I am enjoying all of your articles. Thank you for your help. I hope I can use your tactics along with what I learn from experience to strike fear of green in to my enemies hearts.
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 09-25-10, 10:43 AM

im hoping the sudden interest by GW with chaos means that mabe a new codex soon but im guessing its not for 2 years

[SIGPIC]

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode