Tau Rumors. - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

tu_shan82's Flag is: Australia

Default Tau Rumors.

Courtesy of Dante76 at Warseer. Usual dose of salt required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante76 @ Warseer
Through a new source, who with hindsight turned out to be pretty accurate with Blood Angels and Skaven....
-Pencilled in release date of Aug 2011
-New Alien allies
-All metal sets to plastic (Pathfinder, Krootox, Vespids)
-Possible new tank
-Changes to Hammerhead Railgun rules. Essentially draws a line across table hitting everything in line. Multiple pen through vehicles, only stopped by a glancing hit.
-Changes to markerlights. Point system. 1 Markerlight point = + 1BS, 2 Markerlight points = reroll to wound [or] hit 3 = Difficult Terrain test (blinded by the lights?). Cannot be stacked. So can't have reroll to wound and reroll to hit at 4 points.
-Battle Suits. A plug and play system. Essentially streamlined. Pick two guns and a skill or two skills a gun. New models might have interchangeable arms similar to Killa Kans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varakir View Post
We don't need to use any military force to defeat the imperium, we'll just send GW legal at them. As soon as they see the first sign of a thunderhawk gunship, their IP infringement addled brains will go into meltdown - they'll smash everything out of the sky with cease and desist letters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 12:58 PM

darktide's Flag is: USA

Sounds nice. Hope that for a new Crisis suit design they take the molds off the Forge World ones. I could see the guns on those being easily interchangeable. Hope they get rid of the metal parts on the Broadsides as well.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 01:10 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

No... Please... May the Emperor have mercy upon us, and stop this heresy... We dont need Tau again! We need an update to the Dark Eldar and the Necrons! (Yes, I did just say that some xeno scum need an update...) And lets not forget the Inquisitorial codexes, and heck, even the Black Templars... If the Emperor listens, he will update on of the mentioned before the xenos "Tau"...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 01:18 PM

Khorothis's Flag is: Hungary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doelago View Post
No... Please... May the Emperor have mercy upon us, and stop this heresy... We dont need Tau again! We need an update to the Dark Eldar and the Necrons! (Yes, I did just say that some xeno scum need an update...) And lets not forget the Inquisitorial codexes, and heck, even the Black Templars... If the Emperor listens, he will update on of the mentioned before the xenos "Tau"...
Dark Eldar need an update because they're old. Necrons need a new Codex because they're boring as hell and not exactly competitive in 5th ed. Black Templars need one because they're Space Marines, what more justification do you need (though all the army needs is an to udpate their Storm Shields and they'll kick ass; Preferred Enemy anyone?)? However, Tau need a new Codex because they suck balls. They just can't dish out enough damage to make any other army scared.

Oh and the Emperor is just as much of a slave to GW as the Chaos Gods, so hes not much of a help IRL.

The fool, the coward, and the ignorant proclaim that the warp is a realm of unknowable peril and indescribable terror, that it is the hell of countless ancient myths and legends. This is a lie, told by those whose authority is based on lies, to keep the masses terrified of the unknown. The warp is limitless power and its secrets are infinite; it is knowledge and strength, life and death, and the untapped potential to make and remake worlds. It takes only the discipline and the will to shape it; those who lack that clarity of purpose are liable to be shaped by it instead.

- Ahzek Ahriman of the Thousand Sons
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 01:27 PM
I am Alpharius.

Doelago's Flag is: Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khorothis View Post
Oh and the Emperor is just as much of a slave to GW as the Chaos Gods, so hes not much of a help IRL.
DO NOT CALL MY GOD A SLAVE! They are all his slaves! Buwahaah! May his name be forever blessed...

[Flerden] 9:05 pm: Why the hell can't he just go offline if he goes to watc tv?
[dark angel] 9:06 pm: It is Doelago, we will never know
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 02:09 PM
Alex's Flag is: United Kingdom

I remember some sculpts being put around from a UK games day a while ago. If they were related to these rumours and the O'Shovah model they had is anything to go by, the new suits will look awesome.

Release date of Aug next year seems pretty feasable, since the other three deserved codex releases (DE, NEc and Inq) have been rumoured to be before that for a while.

The railgun rule looks fun. A bit like the Tau's answer to JOTWW.
As a Farsight player, I can't really use allies, but it would be interesting to see new ones.
I'd have to wait and see on the markerlight rules, they look alright, but not sure how well the system would work.

All in all, taking it with a pinch of salt, but it seems like a pretty nice little snippet so far.

Builder of the Lego Manta

40K Farsight Enclaves
WFB - Brettonians

Last edited by Alex; 09-10-10 at 06:10 PM.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 02:32 PM
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
-Changes to Hammerhead Railgun rules. Essentially draws a line across table hitting everything in line. Multiple pen through vehicles, only stopped by a glancing hit.
Wow, I both love and hate this rule. I hate the fact that my IG are scared but I love the imagery it creates and it makes sense. A railgun should have this effect and if its true I look forward to see it being used.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 02:41 PM

foulacy's Flag is: England

Location: Middlesbrough, Teeside, Cleveland, England, Europe, Earth

Good lord, if that rule is true I don't think anyone will ever argue again about Railgun or Ion Gun.

"Look upon me and know that i can slay you at will, you have no defense save one: to look into the darkness at the back of your mind. There you will find Father Nurgle waiting to offer you life in return of your submission. Deny him and you are mine."
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 02:47 PM
Imperial Major

Daniel Harper's Flag is: Great Britain

Just thought, with that new railgun rule then it must disallow cover saves or it'd be retarded. A beam goes through multiple russ' and just as it reaches a guardsman he rolls a 5 and is saved by a sandbag wall.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-10-10, 03:03 PM
Facts + Reason = Win

Bubblematrix's Flag is: United Kingdom

I would take the timing with a very large dose of the salt.

We are going to see some love to WFB next year like it or not, there is also heavy rumor backing for a Necron and GK codex next year, DE are likely for GD or late this year.

As IA11 has Eldar as a main featured army I would be highly convinced that Eldar will get a rework late next year.

This would leave Tau till 2012 which sounds a lot more plausable to me - especially as they are so underpowered they will need a ground up rethink if done properly anyway.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode