Dawn of War III - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Chaos God of Old Night

Lord of the Night's Flag is: United Kingdom

Default Dawn of War III

The announcement of Dawn of War II: Retribution was a very nice surprise for all but THQ have blindsided the fans with yet another 40k announcement. Retribution, the first DOW II to feature Xenos campaigns, will also be the last of Dawn of War II. Once Retribution is released we can expect DOW III anywhere from 18 months to two years afterwards.

http://gamescom.gamespot.com/story/6...-iii-confirmed

Heres hoping that Dark Eldar are finally made playable.

https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...red-souls.html - The Kabal of Shattered Souls Project Log
http://www.talkwargaming.com/search/...Book%20Reviews - Check out Talk Wargaming for reviews by Lord of the Night.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 11:40 AM

yanlou's Flag is: United Kingdom

hmm thats sounds interesting, i like the sound of a more global game, mmo like, sounds epic
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 01:00 PM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

This game sounds amazing if they get it right

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 02:16 PM

Turkeyspit's Flag is: Canada

There is also some talk that DoW III might be released as a Free-To-Play title:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/08/...-free-to-play/
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 02:25 PM

turel2's Flag is: Great Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkeyspit View Post
There is also some talk that DoW III might be released as a Free-To-Play title:

http://news.bigdownload.com/2010/08/...-free-to-play/
Yeah, they're testing Company of Heroes Online out first.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 03:06 PM
Vaz

Vaz's Flag is: United Kingdom

Urgh. Sounds crap.

All I can say is that I hope they return to a Dawn of War Style of gameplay rather than the crap they have currently.

The Metamap was okay, but personally, I'd rather see something more along the lines of Total War: 40K myself.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
It's not a black and white question really, there are different shades of anal probing,
a rectum spectrum, if you will
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 04:40 PM

Turkeyspit's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Urgh. Sounds crap.

All I can say is that I hope they return to a Dawn of War Style of gameplay rather than the crap they have currently.

The Metamap was okay, but personally, I'd rather see something more along the lines of Total War: 40K myself.
It took me a few months to get into DoW II after buying it, but once I started playing it, I grew to enjoy the new format.

It is odd not having resources to generate, and the absence of multiple tactical squads and Armor is a weird, but I really enjoy the RPG aspects. Changing equipment loadouts and selecting different squad members is fun and addictive.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 04:48 PM
nice boy, daft though !

bitsandkits's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaz View Post
Urgh. Sounds crap.

Never a truer word said.

I want to play an RTS 40k not a fecking kill team game. I want hundreds if not thousands of units on screen.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

HUGE BITZ RESTOCK NOW ON
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 05:21 PM
GrizBe's Flag is: England

I'm for the DOW2 gameplay over DOW1. The RPG aspect opened up a whole new level of depth and fun to the game. The origional DOW was great, but alot of the time it became a grindfest and rinse, kill and repeat... which just got boring after a time. Really, I'd like to see something of a combination between DoW: Dark Crusade and DoW2 for DoW 3...
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-19-10, 05:28 PM

I seccond B&K, I didnt even buy DOWII. The whole reason 40K is awsome is because it is EPIC!!! (emphasis, dramatic echo) the first DOW kicked ass in that respect, sure you hit the cap but then you got a baneblade or a land raider etc, shit just kept getting bigger! I took one look at DOWII and died a little inside. I can handle loss of buildings. Thats an RTS mainstay but if you dont experiment you dont get new good stuff right? But the scale... oh the scale of the thing...

That and no fucking IG!

/incoherent rant

Anyway, I figure this is only good news, and by the sound of it even if they keep controll at a lower scale they are going for a more epic setting, feal, and whatnot. Either it will me DOWII the MMO or it will be somthing new that can either go wrong or right, at least we have the chance in there to get somthign good.

And hey if it fails I'll just keep playing DC like I've been doing this whole time.

"A true king is never alone, his will is equal to the will of all of his followers."
-Alexander the Great, kind of

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode