New Necrons around the corner? - Page 5 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-26-10, 04:18 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by foulacy View Post
Ah right, I don't know whether to be happy or sad about this. Happy I can still use the C'tan in big games, but sad that an actual god on a tabletop game is no where near as strong as it should be.
It's not impossible of course and it would hardly be a big shock if there were some significant changes to the two currently available C'tan.

However rumours of the new necron codex are at this time as illusive as unicorns searching for the loch ness monster.

Even with the forgeworld necron that will be shown at gamesday uk I doubt we'll get a lot, seeing as it apparently "has nothing at all to do with any necron codex"

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindi Baji View Post
Even with the forgeworld necron that will be shown at gamesday uk I doubt we'll get a lot, seeing as it apparently "has nothing at all to do with any necron codex"
I think they actually said it had nothing to do with a new Necron codex; my bet is it's a jaw-dropper of a C'tan model, possibly even The Dragon or Outsider. I can see FW doing the Void Dragon, draped from head to toe in cables, wires, masses of mechadendrites sprouting from it's spine...

A way to justify the apparant lack of power for what is supposed to be a god is that the C'tan have essentially awoken from the longest hibernation imaginable. The Nightbringer almost starved to death and required outside assistance to arise. The Deciever is described as being the weakest of the remaining C'tan, and is also undoubtedly very hungry. Both are probably trapped in a cycle; they need to consume billions to regain their former strength, but they aren't strong enough to do so. Their Necron servants are also very slowly rising, meaning they don't have the concentrated force to subjugate entire worlds... yet.

"Oh, they'll never hit us from all the way over th-"

post #43 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 12:26 PM

Bindi Baji's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khargoth View Post
I think they actually said it had nothing to do with a new Necron codex;
yes, sorry you are correct there

Quote:
my bet is it's a jaw-dropper of a C'tan model
it was stated to be a necron,
also I very much doubt that it would be a new c'tan,
if there were going to be a new c'tan I can't see it being released before the codex and I would find it hard to imagine that forgeworld would be doing the model.

All right, but apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

post #44 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-27-10, 01:20 PM

Quote:
it was stated to be a necron,
also I very much doubt that it would be a new c'tan,
if there were going to be a new c'tan I can't see it being released before the codex and I would find it hard to imagine that forgeworld would be doing the model.
Nonetheless, imagine Forge World doing an upscaled and more detailed C'tan model, in a similar vein to how they did the Chaos Greater Daemons

post #45 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-10, 09:41 AM

zas240's Flag is: Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruor angelus silicis View Post
Just as an addition to this, I was in Hobbycraft in Cardiff and the Necron battleforce has been reduced to 35 from the usual 50.
Wait there's a hobbycraft in Cardiff? where?

New Crons would be epic, hope its sooner rather than later, they deserve an update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel of Blood View Post
They are going to be called in to righteously kick the shit out of deamons and heretics before fucking off back to Titan for tea and crumpets, leaving the chaos gods thinking "I fucking hate those guys"
post #46 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-10, 01:23 PM

foulacy's Flag is: England

Location: Middlesbrough, Teeside, Cleveland, England, Europe, Earth

Quote:
Nonetheless, imagine Forge World doing an upscaled and more detailed C'tan model, in a similar vein to how they did the Chaos Greater Daemons
Or as detailed as the FW Avatar, but bigger.

On top of that, I heard a rumour that FW are releasing a new Necron model? Anyone confirm this?

"Look upon me and know that i can slay you at will, you have no defense save one: to look into the darkness at the back of your mind. There you will find Father Nurgle waiting to offer you life in return of your submission. Deny him and you are mine."
post #47 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-10, 01:54 PM

Wolf_Lord_Skoll's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
]Even with the forgeworld necron that will be shown at gamesday uk I doubt we'll get a lot, seeing as it apparently "has nothing at all to do with any necron codex"
Here for a start. It's been known for a while that FW will have a Necron model for Games Day.
post #48 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-10, 01:59 PM

foulacy's Flag is: England

Location: Middlesbrough, Teeside, Cleveland, England, Europe, Earth

Sweet, any rumours of what it could be? I hope its a super heavy, TOMB STALKER!

"Look upon me and know that i can slay you at will, you have no defense save one: to look into the darkness at the back of your mind. There you will find Father Nurgle waiting to offer you life in return of your submission. Deny him and you are mine."
post #49 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-10, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foulacy View Post
Or as detailed as the FW Avatar, but bigger.

On top of that, I heard a rumour that FW are releasing a new Necron model? Anyone confirm this?
Um yeah, that's exactly what we were talking about; I can imagine one of the FW sculptors doing a C'tan as a pet project.

post #50 of 71 (permalink) Old 08-28-10, 08:09 PM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I doubt it would be a tomb stalker. The fact that it has NOTHING to do with the new codex means that I think that it is a current codex necrons unit entry but done better.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode