=][= Rumours Roundup : Dark Eldar - Released - Page 76 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #751 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 12:08 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

gen.ahab's Flag is: USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhainiteAssassin View Post
glass cannon Race, thats what DE of any game are! (and by DE I mean Eldar and Elves)
At this point, even though GW has done very well with the 5th Ed codexes, I expect SC to be fucked up. I am pleased they were dead on.

However, I am slightly frightened that this dex may upset the power balance of the 5ed, iow, I think it might be more powerful than the rest.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 10-08-10 at 12:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen.ahab View Post
At this point, even though GW has done very well with the 5th Ed codexes, I expect SC to be fucked up. I am pleased they were dead on.

However, I am slightly frightened that this dex may upset the power balance of the 5ed, iow, I think it might be more powerful than the rest.
Oh please.... DE may very well hit harder than any other army out there, and have the tools to do it, but they die if you spit at them. Its not going to be an overpowering codex for the simple reason that it isnt a fire and forget army, it isnt an army that someone can just pick up and own with once they've got the latest internet list downloaded and Ebayed.
The Dark Kin have always been, are now, and always will be, the ultimate masters of the alpha strike. This codex just lets them play that way, finally.
post #753 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 12:27 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

I know what it's suppose to be, but then again I know how people can fuck those things up beyond all recognition. Do I expect it? Oh hell no. But do I think it could happen? Yeah, it's possible.

Last edited by gen.ahab; 10-08-10 at 12:36 AM.

post #754 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 12:30 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

yeah the first 2 turns for DE will be the main points for them. Dont give their enemies time to react just hit them very hard very fast. its what I will be designing my army to do, in any case
post #755 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 12:49 AM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Yeah the DE may have strong and aweomse fire power, but they are weak beyond all reason. Plus im still yet to see a solid way from all the leaks of dealing with Horde, IG gunline too since they apear to lack template and blast weapons. But from the sounds of things Marines WILL more than likely struggle :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #756 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 12:51 AM
Grand Lord Munchkin

Yeah, although I am thinking that TWC armies will do fairly well.
post #757 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 12:55 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

I have three examples of Haemonculi-only wargear:
- One causes all enemies within 3d6" to make a LD test. If they fail, their WS is 1 for the rest of the turn.
- One is a single shot weapon that 12" Strength d6 AP d6, Assault 2d6.
- A rifle that is 36" sX ap 4, assault 1, sniper. If a model suffers a wound from this, it rolls a characteristic test against its wounds. If it fails, it is removed from play.

Originally Posted by Fallenturtle
I have to know the most burning question in the world..

How many times is an avatar of khaine killed in the book Sorry, I just find it funny how in every other book an avatars mentioned he gets punked out by jimmy first day on the job.

someone get the cd table outta him lol
no avatars were harmed in the creation of this codex

Originally Posted by Toloran
@Vampire Music

I have three examples of Haemonculi-only wargear:
- One causes all enemies within 3d6" to make a LD test. If they fail, their WS is 1 for the rest of the turn.
not sure where you pulled that one from cause it doesnt exist
edit: oh wait yes it does, the archangel of pain
whoops
it also drops their I to 1 as well

here's another one then:
the crucible of malediction:
all psykers within 3d6 take a ld test or get removed from play

- Voidraven is AV 11/11/10 (not 11/11/11 like on the first page)
- The "flyer" missiles are all 48" range. One of them is S7 AP- Large blast, re-roll wounds. The instant death missile doesn't roll to wound at all (just the characteristic test) and allows for Invulnerable and Cover saves.
- Both "flyers" can move 36" flat out.
- The Razorwing has a twin-linked Splinter cannon, a pair of dark lances (NOT twin linked), 4 missiles (48" S6 AP5 assault 1, large blast).

BTW Harlequins are in the codex as an Elites choice in case anyone didn't know. The entry is identical to Codex: Eldar.

To clarify the Archon Retinue

1-2 Lahmaeans - They decrease the "to wound" roll of any poisioned weapon ranged or otherwise belonging to HER AND THE ARCHON ONLY.

1-2 Medusae - These have a template ranged attack due to a creature (not specifically identified as an enslaver) that is attached to them.

1-3 Sllyth - Snake bodyguards with 4 arms. They have a poisoned carbine, 2 combat weapons and a pretty viscious profile.

1-5 Ur-ghuls - Basically a beat stick. Pretty ferocious combat profile, 3 attacks good WS S/T 5 3 wounds FNP.

They are purchased as a retinue and the Archon and friends may then join other units, unless I've read it incorrectly.

Miscellaneous

Special Weapons

Heat Lance - 18" strength 6 AP1 melta/lance
Shredder - No rending or pinning, just strength 6 blast
Hexfire Rifle - Sniper Rifle, wounded model takes a wounds test or is removed from play (yes this does cirvumvent EW)
Phantasm Grenade launcher - Assault and Defensive Grenades
Shardnet and Impaler - All adjacent models at -1 attacks, counts as 2 CCW
Hydra Guantlets - +D6 attacks, counts as 2 CCW, then add charging bonuses.
Hellglaive - +1 strength and attacks
All Splinter weapons are poison 4+ and have the profiles that the rumours reported. Vehicle mounted Splinter cannons always use heavy profile.
Blast Pistol - 6" range Blaster, counts as CCW.

Hellions: 5 for 19.50€
Contains five plastic Dark Eldar Hellions, including all weapon and wargear options from the army list.
• Hellions are jump infantry and a Fast Attack choice.
• Armed with Hellglaives that add +1 Attack and +1 Strength.
• Hellion squads can include up to 20 models (4 box sets).
• Hellions have the Hit And Run special rule.
• Combat drugs confer a random bonus, such as +1 Attack, Strength or Weapon Skill.

Mandrakes: 5 (metal) for 23.50
Mandrakes have a 5+ invulnerable save.
• Mandrakes have the Fleet, Infiltrate, Move Through Cover and Stealth universal special rules.

Webway portal: 7.5€
Can be taken as wargear by Archon or Haemonculus.
• Once used, allows Dark Eldar reserves to enter the battle from the webway portal.
• Only available while stocks last.

Urien Rakarth: 12.50€
Urien Rakarth is an HQ choice.
• Urien regains a single Wound at the start of each turn.
• Urien’s Ichor Gauntlet wounds enemies on a 3+ and inflicts instant death.
• Urien starts the game with one pain token, giving him the Feel No Pain special rule.

Ravanger: 39€
Includes three dark lances, which can be replaced with disintegrator cannons.
• Includes Dark Eldar pilot, three gunners and three optional passengers.
• Ravagers can move at cruising speed and still fire all weapons.
• Enhanced aethersail upgrade allows vehicle to move an additional 2D6” but not shoot.
• Chain-snare upgrade inflicts damage on nearby enemy units as the Ravager passes them.
• Grisly trophies upgrade allows friendly units within 6” to reroll failed Leadership tests.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 10-08-10 at 01:58 AM.
post #758 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 01:02 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loli View Post
Yeah the DE may have strong and aweomse fire power, but they are weak beyond all reason. Plus im still yet to see a solid way from all the leaks of dealing with Horde, IG gunline too since they apear to lack template and blast weapons. But from the sounds of things Marines WILL more than likely struggle :D
you serious that you dont see a way to deal with a hoarde army? I see them being especially good against them. Reavers = gods of anti infantry if your not stupid. since I hear their d3 str 4 hits are AUTOMATIC hits, no? and since 1 in 3 can be d6 instead of d3, from what they have said. 12 bikes = on average 28 hits at str 4, against t4 that would be 14 wounds. most hoarde armies have low saves so thats a good chunk of the army taken out in a turn.

I think they will have other ways to deal with hoarde though. Nids shouldnt pose a problem. IG gunlines might pose abit of a problem if not dealt with properly, though.
post #759 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 03:13 AM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Sad to see that the Heat Lance is S6, but oh well, it's still pretty powerful on such a fast platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
Im really sorry I havent updated the thread, found out some days ago my mom was in intensive care on life support from blood poisoning and pneumonia (that lung disease thats really harsh). She was moved to medical today so it seems she will be ok though she couldnt move much when I went and saw her today.
Sorry to hear that man.
post #760 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-08-10, 09:49 AM

Stephen_Newman's Flag is: United Kingdom

I wish to send my best wishes.

I have recently started a new Blog. I would really appreciate it if you would LOOK AT IT

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode