=][= Rumours Roundup : Dark Eldar - Released - Page 123 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1221 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Oh yeah, another thing I forgot to mention is that all the legs can stand up on their own. So once you have built your models it would be pretty easy to have them stand up without using actual bases :D

About the pose thing, on the Raider sprue for the gunner and driver you get some of the most boring poses I can think of but it fits the theme I suppose.
I really hate the torso is stuck to them already since that makes creating an all female army that much harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1222 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 02:09 PM Thread Starter
Banned

I bought a pretty interesting thing from ebay the other week.

I bought one of these Line Laser thingamajigs.

When I was looking for random stuff on maelstrom I noticed they sold a pen line laser but they want 20 for it so I figured Id do an ebay search. You can get one for as little as 3 but thats just the laser without a case. So I took the next best thing and bought the one above. There is one that is cheaper but I figured Id buy this one. Its really cheap plastics and I dont know for how long the thing will even work but with some luck it will function properly for the next few years.

What is basically does is draws a laser line, the best part of it is that is just creates a line below the target spot. The one on maelstrom draws one both up and down from where you point it afaik but this on is just where you aim and below. This means you wont shoot the laser in someones eye unless you are really aiming for their eyes. Then again I dont suggest you put it down on the gaming table and use it because someone sitting down might just be in line of sight to get shot in the eye. Best way to use it is to hold it up and point the laser just past what you are trying to shoot. This way you get a straight line across the table and you wont hit anyone in the eyes.

I think this little thing will help immensely when it comes to line of sight and cover as well as that blood lance thing that causes toughness tests or u die. Ive seen people hit more than what they should when flipping a ruler sideways and trying to measure.

I would really like to get some blast template circle lasers but I dont know if those even exist.

bah, just noticed I posted in the wrong place. Leaving the post here as well incase someone cares eventhough its a bit off topic.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 11-01-10 at 02:12 PM.
post #1223 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 03:05 PM

Creon's Flag is: USA

Be aware you can mod them, they're plastic. 2nd issue: Those "dynamic" poses...hard to get to glue to the base.

post #1224 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 09:26 PM
Jeepers

Loli's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
I bought a pretty interesting thing from ebay the other week.

I bought one of these Line Laser thingamajigs.

When I was looking for random stuff on maelstrom I noticed they sold a pen line laser but they want 20 for it so I figured Id do an ebay search. You can get one for as little as 3 but thats just the laser without a case. So I took the next best thing and bought the one above. There is one that is cheaper but I figured Id buy this one. Its really cheap plastics and I dont know for how long the thing will even work but with some luck it will function properly for the next few years.

What is basically does is draws a laser line, the best part of it is that is just creates a line below the target spot. The one on maelstrom draws one both up and down from where you point it afaik but this on is just where you aim and below. This means you wont shoot the laser in someones eye unless you are really aiming for their eyes. Then again I dont suggest you put it down on the gaming table and use it because someone sitting down might just be in line of sight to get shot in the eye. Best way to use it is to hold it up and point the laser just past what you are trying to shoot. This way you get a straight line across the table and you wont hit anyone in the eyes.

I think this little thing will help immensely when it comes to line of sight and cover as well as that blood lance thing that causes toughness tests or u die. Ive seen people hit more than what they should when flipping a ruler sideways and trying to measure..
Yeah GW used to do one, since i remember when were were in 4th and 5th was about to come out, there was this deal that if you preordered the leather bound5th ed codex you got this limited edition laser sight for 40k. Was pretty cool, since it would be you would have a definitive LoS tool :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawa View Post
"Bubbles"....?

The Old World just became a fart in the bath.....
post #1225 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
Banned

The thing I bought is not a laser pointer, its a laser line drawer.

Basically it draws a line between the laser and where you are aiming it.

So if you aim it at the end of the board everything between the laser and where you are pointing it gets a red line drawn on it.

So if you want to do that blood angles line psychic power you could use this tool to draw a line on the models you want to hit.

Kinda like this :
post #1226 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 11:34 PM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

yeah those line drawers are nice for some things. a Lazer pointer works just fine for LoS though, which you can buy, here in canada, from a ton of different dollar stores

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #1227 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-01-10, 11:42 PM

Measured from the gun to the target, if the laser line is broken on the target then there is cover. If the line isnt in contact then there is no LOS. It is a pretty solid idea for sure.
post #1228 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 12:02 AM

KhainiteAssassin's Flag is: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styro-J View Post
Measured from the gun to the target, if the laser line is broken on the target then there is cover. If the line isnt in contact then there is no LOS. It is a pretty solid idea for sure.
exactly, useing a Laser pointer to point out LoS works better then just trying to look.

WIPS: CHECK THEM OUT!
Space wolves - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=54246
Warriors of chaos - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=60813
Dark Eldar - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=75375
DE FLUFF - https://www.heresy-online.net/forums/...ad.php?t=86956
My armies.

the key to every good DE army makeup. Always have a backup plan, try to take everything in multiples, and use everything you can to your advantage, being a sneaky bastard within the rules, as it were.
post #1229 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 12:18 AM
Jeep's and Harley's

OIIIIIIO's Flag is: USA

I would agree ... I give a little bit of leeway when it comes to LOS but if I had one of these I call bullshit when it is in order.
post #1230 of 1264 (permalink) Old 11-02-10, 02:20 AM

I just think David Bowie adds a lot to Dark Eldar. Sure the 2 wound thing hurts, but he's just nifty! The drugs, "free" deepstrikes, and extra poison can really set off an army.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode