=][= Rumours Roundup : Dark Eldar - Released - Page 103 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1021 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 10:59 AM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

Can we get exact wording on Power From Pain?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1022 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 10:59 AM
Banned

Yeah no crazy death raider of pain anymore - an Archon on bike was the last model I actually built and painted for my army too .

Funnily enough I can't really see too many people using 2 Archons as one is expensive enough the one I'm running will be more than most SC's in the book so my second Hq choice will be Lelith along side the Archon
post #1023 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 12:02 PM

AAAAAAAAARRRGGHH's Flag is: Denmark

I see. I'm still disappointed because he was a favourite one-man-deathstar of mine. So awesome. He has literally killed countless Trygons, Hive Tyrants, Terminators, SM Command squads and more shit single handedly. I'm gonna miss good old Dennis Hopper. Wait a sec! Nevermind.

Anyway, I'd like to get a detailed wording on Power from Pain too. It would certainly clear up a good dose of my likely strange interpretations and questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezlad View Post
So you're a wanker?
Who cares? Anyone that says they don't wank is a lying twat. Wank hard, wank often.

post #1024 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 12:06 PM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntereoVivo View Post
Can we get exact wording on Power From Pain?
Cant post it due to forum rules.

Sent you a PM, check your Inbox.

Last edited by KingOfCheese; 10-18-10 at 12:12 PM.
post #1025 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-18-10, 11:02 PM

Warlock in Training's Flag is: USA

Shame about RJBs getting no love since Archons cant ride RJBs, or Haemoncula giving the unit a DESPERATE Pain Point for FNP. Fucking A....
post #1026 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 12:01 AM

LukeValantine's Flag is: Canada

Its good to hear that all(most) of the DE players out their are optimistic about this upcoming codex, and I hope it is worth the horribly long wait you had to endure. Still I only will ever play CSM's/Daemons so I guess I will look forward to seeing your spiky elfs on the field of battle tally hoe.

Medusa: "I'm a witch, its my job to blaspheme against Gods."

Two Slaanesh daemons on the first go...hmm I guess the fates have spoken emperors children here I come
post #1027 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlock in Training View Post
Shame about RJBs getting no love since Archons cant ride RJBs, or Haemoncula giving the unit a DESPERATE Pain Point for FNP. Fucking A....
No love? take 6 RJB's w/ (2) Caltrops & start turbo-boosting. Now you've spent 172 points I believe and you have 6 T4 models with a 3+ cover save AND skilled riders for stoping in terrain. on an average roll (2 out of 3 potential for bladevanes and 7 between the two caltrops) you're putting 19 hits onto one squad. Again, with average rolling you're reasonably expecting a T4 unit to need 12 saves (3+ means 4 dead on average!). That means a longfang unit sitting in the backfield where they are "safe" is threatened turn one unless they are in the very back corner of a spearhead deployment.

So lets assume complete shit rolls, a single attack from each bladevane and a single from each caltrop. That's still 8 hits, probably 6-wounds and again, still 2 dead longfangs. Now I'm 90% positive you didn't put a combi-flamer on your LF's sarge (this may become metagame but currently?) so they have a choice, they can either turn to fire at the RJB's who have a 3+ coversave, they can assault the RJB's, OR they can ignore them.

They shoot 'em: well, now they're not shooting their heavy weapons at our fragile warriors

They assault 'em: THANK YOU JESUS! without combat drugs I can still reasonably expect to last against the remaining longfangs for a turn or two. Hell, even if I don't it's another turn without them shooting

They ignore 'em: Turboboost again & again, with the worst luck you're still probably causing a 1/2-dozen wounds.

Best luck: Those 2 casualties cause the 'fangs to run, but wait! You've stopped right behind him! now his fangs are destroyed. Shucks.

Vs anything but guard really I can see this is being really quite effective. for guard I'd just aim for the command squads.

Last edited by clever handle; 10-19-10 at 04:13 AM.
post #1028 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

A question I have about the RJB, can you say you are turbo boosting with them and only move say 12"?

Lets say I park them next to some longfangs as in the above argument but I want them to stay close to them so they dont get annihilated. Can I turboboost 12" back and forth over them or do I have to turboboost 36"? or however long they can move max?
post #1029 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 11:34 AM
Banned

Easy turbo boost the minimum which is either 18" or 24" then in the assault phase use the eldar/dark eldar jetbike 6" move in the assault phase to stay close to them
post #1030 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-19-10, 11:45 AM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

Turbo-boost requires at least 18" between starting point and finishing point. And sadly, once you turbo-boost you may not "execute any other voluntary action in the same turn" [pg76, BRB]

Last edited by IntereoVivo; 10-19-10 at 11:48 AM.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode