=][= Rumours Roundup : Dark Eldar - Released - Page 100 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #991 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 02:31 AM
Banned

Pink Spheeez Mahreene has a ws/bs/s/t/i/a/ld/+ & ++ of 4, this would not be ok to post since this would allow people to use the PinkSM without buying the codex (GW does like it when you buy their stuff rather than get it for free online). - Madcow

MadcowCrazy I see where you are coming from and I disagree with this completely as GW themselves now have statlines underneath every product they sell online on thier site (not points but the statline and general wargear (No special rules however), so there really can't be a problem with us borrowing from them what they have already put out on the web as free public information
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 02:34 AM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liger View Post
Pink Spheeez Mahreene has a ws/bs/s/t/i/a/ld/+ & ++ of 4, this would not be ok to post since this would allow people to use the PinkSM without buying the codex (GW does like it when you buy their stuff rather than get it for free online). - Madcow

MadcowCrazy I see where you are coming from and I disagree with this completely as GW themselves now have statlines underneath every product they sell online on thier site (not points but the statline and general wargear (No special rules however), so there really can't be a problem with us borrowing from them what they have already put out on the web as free public information
It is still against the forum rules, and the forum rules trump GW.

On the other hand, you could provide a link to the GW page if you wished to reference the stats in a post.

post #993 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 02:37 AM

@MadCowCrazy:After completely reading through the codex over the last week at my LGS. I see no reason why you couldn't field a 3 units of 5 Beastmasters and their respective beasts as your 3 FA choices. the codex doesn't state the unit is 0-1. It could probably get expensive points-wise though. But it'd be friggin sweet to see on the table.

post #994 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 03:04 AM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

[email protected] Gluttony
And using Fire Warriors for points costs is cheating, they're a nice round number two Termagants
post #995 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 03:19 AM Thread Starter
Banned
MadCowCrazy's Flag is: Aaland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liger View Post
I dont make the rules but the less attention GW pays to us the better imo.
What you say is true but its still their copyrighted material, the general rule accepted on pretty much all forums Ive been to is that statlines and points costs are not to be posted.

There is also a slight flaw in your argument :D
"underneath every product they sell online on thier site", they have not posted the stats for any DE units yet. So posting stats and points costs from a codex that has not even been officially released yet would be even more irritating to GWs lawyers.
I think GW should release the army rules as free PDFs with just the stats, points costs etc. This way they could update all the codicies once a year to balance them rather than have units that are worthless for 10years or however long it takes for the codex to see an update.

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 10-17-10 at 12:52 PM.
post #996 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 03:28 AM

Winterous's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadCowCrazy View Post
I think GW should release the army rules as free PDFs with just the stats, points costs etc. This way they could update all the codicies once a year to balance them rather than have units that are worthless for 10years or however long it takes for the codex to see an update.
You do own the books as well, of course
Unfortunately GW seem to have an aversion to updating rules, further balancing units and suc.
Although the release of the Eldar Nightspinner rules (which can effectively be considered a part of the Codex) is a step in the right direction, hopefully they'll keep walking that way!

Last edited by MadCowCrazy; 10-17-10 at 01:11 PM.
post #997 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0RRIDF0RM View Post
2 Haemonculi, an Archon, and 6 Incubi charge a unit and decimate it. The whole unit now counts as having 3 pain tokens. A Haemonculi can leave the unit next turn and join the Wych tar pit carrying his pain token with him thus giving the Whyches Feel no Pain. The other Haemonculi stays with the incubi keeping a token on them while the Archon moves out of the unit taking a pain token with him, fleets, and assualts.
The pain tokens earned "in-game" by dark eldar units are split "randomly" between all units involved in the combat (this includes IC's). You do not get to choose who claims them.
post #998 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 03:36 AM

Is the Incubi's Klavex ability Murderous Assault only effective against IC or are MC included as well?
post #999 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 04:25 AM

IntereoVivo's Flag is: Ghana

Question about how useful FNP is going to be...

Lets pretend that very few (relatively speaking) DE models get better then a 5+ save, in fact, lets pretend a number of them have a 6+. Does this mean FNP will rarely ever be used?

Or am I reading FNP incorrectly? I have always taken "and any other wound against which no armour save can ever be taken" to mean that you don't get it against weapons that deny your armour.

post #1000 of 1264 (permalink) Old 10-17-10, 04:29 AM

KingOfCheese's Flag is: Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntereoVivo View Post
Question about how useful FNP is going to be...

Lets pretend that very few (relatively speaking) DE models get better then a 5+ save, in fact, lets pretend a number of them have a 6+. Does this mean FNP will rarely ever be used?

Or am I reading FNP incorrectly? I have always taken "and any other wound against which no armour save can ever be taken" to mean that you don't get it against weapons that deny your armour.
Weapons that SPECIFICALLY state that they ignore armour, or are strength double toughness.
This does NOT include AP-values.
The only AP values that ignore FNP is AP1 and AP2.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode