=][= Rumours Roundup : Grey Knights - Released - Page 300 - Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums
Wargaming News and 40k Rumors Discuss and share wargaming news, new releases, warhammer and 40k rumors here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #2991 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 05:33 PM

Karnox's Flag is: Russia

I want a rouge trader XD

When life gives you lemons..... BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2992 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 10:41 PM

Reds8n posted this over at Dakka, in response to another poster stating they would prefer not to use Special Characters to unlock units as Troop choices:

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds8n
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatty
I choose not to use it just like I choose not too include SC in my forces
Then, alas, I would you suggest you won't be fielding (m)any Inquisitorial storm trooper units with the new codex.
This seems to back up Stinger's earlier rumor of Coteaz unlocking Henchmen as troops, though it might end up being a different SC altogether.
post #2993 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 10:48 PM

Azezel's Flag is: United Kingdom

They're probably not going to include two named Inquisitors, what with the downplaying of =][= units.

I have to agree with Fatty, though. Forcing people to take SC to play the army they want is a bad idea.

Would it kill them to just put stormtroopers in the Elites section for (hypothetically) 10 points AND the troops section for (again, Hypothetically) 12 points, and a little not saying that one army may not include Stormtroopers as both Elite and Troops.?

That way, people can play the army they want without having to drag along a SC who really has no reason to be in most armies.

Same in any codex, for that matter. Instead of Character X makes unit Y troops, just put unit Y in both sections, with a higher price as troops, to reflect the advantage of being scoring. Again, with a note that the two different unit types may not both be used together.

Looking for a friendly wargaming club on the Isle of Wight? Drop me a line.

Sisters of Battle - The Order of Glory Undimmed - 2'500 Points | High Elves - House Cyredeth - 2'500 Points | Bretonnians - The Muster of Sir Jules Estelle - 3'000 Points

post #2994 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 10:55 PM

That actually sounds like a bad idea; I'd prefer just having normal Inquisitors/Lords unlock them as troops alongside the SC version, but I'm not really upset over the SC either.

Looking at earlier rumors, it'll be a SC who doesn't specifically unlock Stormtroopers as Troops but Henchmen altogether, which may contain things that would make sense to have a unique character unlock, like Death Cult Assassins and so on.
post #2995 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 11:09 PM

OrdoMalleus's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azezel View Post
I have to agree with Fatty, though. Forcing people to take SC to play the army they want is a bad idea.
Thats the system with current codexs though: SC unlock units or capabilities:
-Take a SM captain on bike to unlock bikes as troops (admittedly not a SC, but if you Kassaro khan you get the same effect)
-Belial/Azrael makes termies troops
-Dante makes sanguard troops, Astorath removes 0-1 limit on death company

and so on and so: they are the example that spring to mind. therefore you probably have to take an inquisitor to take IST as troops although hopefully it wont be a SC.

Also, whilst chatting at my LGS the discussion arose as to which FOC StormRavens will be?
Which led on to someone metioning a rumour thread which said that BA sort of a test bed for GK:
-likely hood of GK having a version of "Descent of angels" except with teleporters?
-LRs as dedicated transport? and Can DeepStrike?

Unfortunately I cannot find any other source for this but I wondered if anyone had any inklings on this?
post #2996 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 11:26 PM

coke123's Flag is: Australia

I'm actually wondering what rule will replace Skies of Blood for the GK version- since to me it seems a little risky for an army that doesn't have jump packs to mitigate the threat of expensive troops dying to dangerous terrain tests. I"m thinking that it might just be reworded, but I'm hoping for some kind of shrouding on it.

"Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad."

Also known as BaselessElm
post #2997 of 5504 (permalink) Old 01-31-11, 11:57 PM

boreas's Flag is: Canada

Well, pretty much everyone is betting on "skies of Grey". I'm going for "Skies of Grey with 95% chance of raining knights".

I'd rather they removed it completely since, as you've said, it doesn't fit the GK playstyle. Maybe shave a few points off the SR (5? 10?).

Phil

****Why won't GW help me like them? Let FW take over GW!!!****
post #2998 of 5504 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 12:05 AM

OrdoMalleus's Flag is: United Kingdom

Getting it cheaper would be good! maybe letting us take it as a dedicated transport would be perfect if a little OTT!

It also seems that GW is trying tirelessly to standardise everything (i.e same equipment does same thing regardless of codex) so I would quite like to see GK "blessed hull" become the same as Black Templars (Lance rule has no effect for those who arent BT fans =P)
post #2999 of 5504 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 12:27 AM

If anything they'll probably add more abilities (like the psychic power that lets you increase the AV - not saying it'll be that, but I could see it happening) that will increase the overall price.
post #3000 of 5504 (permalink) Old 02-01-11, 12:43 AM

slaaneshy's Flag is: United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrdoMalleus View Post
Yes, but even GW arent stupid enough to release a codex that can only be used against one army!

Besides there are more than enough fluff lines for the GK to be fighting orks.
(they found a possesed relic, their warboss is possesed, they incorperated corrupted/possesed parts into their wargear. etc.)
That is all a bit lame. What would be far better (and make some extra sales) is the option to take some limited daemons choices with a non daemon army playing against Grey Knights - then you really have a reason to deploy the emperors finest against anyone...if the Ork leader is possessed - then a great big Blood Thirster should pop out of his head!!

I am the White Knight!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums > Wargaming News, New Releases and Information > Wargaming News and 40k Rumors

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wargaming Forum and Wargamer Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode